hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Frosty Faustings II. 1/2/10 GG, SF4, BB, MB, MvC2. Chicago IL VENUE CHANGED!!!!!  (Read 15166 times)

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
Original Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=212879

Get ready for the very first major US tournament of 2010, Frosty Faustings! Last year the event was a big success with players coming from all over the US and we are looking forward to things again this year!

Frosty Faustings was originally established in order to help strengthen the US GG scene as well as the fighting game scene as a whole. I live in Japan but visit the US during the holiday season, and while I am back, this is my chance to contribute to the US scene. If you are even somewhat of a GG player, please come and show your support for this event. If you dont play GG, then come play some SF or one of the other events!

When: Saturday January 2nd, 2010
(this is a one day event. Everything will finish on the same day and on time. This means everyone can go home at a reasonable time and will have plenty of time to party after the tournament on Saturday night!)

WHERE: Wingate Inn hotel
http://www.wingatehotels.com/Wingate...=true&tab=tab1

Wingate Inn Northbrook
600 Milwaukee Ave.
Prospect Heights IL 60070

This is the same location as last year. Due to various reasons, it is in everyones interest to have the event here once again. I hope this change of location will not be too inconvenient to anyone.

Tournaments:

singles
MAIN EVENT:
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core singles (pot bonus) ($10 entry) PS2
run by ElvenShadow

Street Fighter IV singles ($10 entry) 360
run by Geronimo

BlazBlue Singles ($10 entry) PS3
run by Heartnana

Melty Blood Actress Again singles ($10 entry) PS2
run by Capps

Marvel vs Capcom 2 singles ($10 entry) DC
run by Geronimo

Street Fighter II HD Remix singles ($10 entry)
run by Syxx

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike singles ($5 entry)
run by Mr Man

teams
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core 3 vs 3 - $10 dollars per player/$30 per team
BlazBlue 3 vs 3 - $5 dollars per player/$15 per team
Street Fighter IV (3v3 and random 5v5)
Melty Blood Actress Again 2 vs 2 team tournament - $5 per player/10 team

We will also have a Tatsunoko vs Capcom side tournament. $5 entry. This will probably be the LAST regular vanilla TvC tournament ever in the history of the universe! Get hype!
Run by ElvenShadow's little brother.

Schedule TBA
all team tournaments will start after singles have finished with a brief intermission

Console format for each game TBA. We will most likely have some games running on PS3 and some on 360. Please bring your own controllers. There will be some extra sticks and pads to use so please dont worry if you do not own a stick or pad for one of the systems.

There will be a venue fee of $10 per person to cover costs of renting out the venue. Any extra venue fee that is in excess of covering rental costs will NOT be pocketed by anyone. This money will go into the prize pot as a pot bonus for the top 3 winners of the main event.

IF YOU BRING A CONSOLE AND TV, YOUR VENUE FEE IS CUT IN HALF!!!
If you bring JUST a TV or JUST a console, you will get 2.5 dollars off venue fee.

(POST HERE IN THIS THREAD TO REGISTER FOR NOW WITH THE GAMES YOU WILL ENTER, HANDLE, AND LOCATION)

More information to come.

Game rules:

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core singles rules:
double elimination
best 2/3
semis 3/5
finals 4/7
must keep same character if you win, may switch if you lose
no shadow, gold, or EX characters. If we use AC+, no Kliff or Justice
button mapping is ok
payout is 70/20/10 with pot bonus being split proportionally in same way

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core teams:
3 vs 3 format (same as SBO style except its double elim)
no same characters on same team
double elimination
both teams will have their first character determined by double blind selection.
no shadow, gold, or EX characters. If we use AC+, no Kliff or Justice
button mapping is ok
payout 70/20/10

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger singles rules:
Entry fee - $10 per person.
double elimination
best 2/3
semis 3/5
finals 4/7
must keep same character if you win, may switch if you lose
no unlimited characters
Rachel glitch banned (is it even in console?)
Astral finishes OK
button mapping is ok
easy specials OFF

Blazblue: Calamity Trigger teams:
Entry Fee - $5 per person, $15 per team
3 vs 3 format (same as SBO style except its double elim)
no same characters on same team
single elimination
both teams will have their first character determined by double blind selection.
no unlimited characters
Rachel glitch banned (is it even in console?)
Astral finishes OK
button mapping is ok
easy specials OFF

Street Fighter IV singles rules:
matches are 2/3
winner and loser bracket finals 3/5
finals 4/7.
Winner keeps same character while loser is free to change at will.
All characters are selectable

Street Fighter IV official main 3 vs 3 team tournament
$10 per person ($30 for a team)
3v3 Pokemon style (One person plays until they lose, then next goes ect..)
Pick your own teams
double elimination
One character per team (can't have 2 Ryu's on one team)
1 match/set, Winners Finals/Losers Finals/Grand Finals 2/3 Sets
payout split 70/20/10

Street Fighter IV random teams 5 on 5:
-Players enter alone, and choose one character when entering. This character cannot be changed throughout this tournament.
-Players with high placing tournament records may be pulled out and auto sorted into separate teams and designated as Captains. All other players will be distributed onto these teams mostly randomly, with exceptions being made for duplicate characters where possible.
-Team size will be based on the number of entries, to give us a reasonable number of teams with a divisible number of members. For instance, if 12 players enter, we will run with 4 teams of 3 players. If 40 people enter, we will run with 8 teams of 5 players.
-The team captains will choose a play order for their team and submit it to the director. This order will be permanent for the rest of the tournament.
-The bracket will be either round robin or double elimination, depending on the number of teams created.
-When two teams face off, imagine them standing in line to play in the designated order. The first player on each team will sit down and face off in a single game (2 of 3 rounds). When the game is over, BOTH players get up. The winning player goes to the back of his team's order. The losing player is eliminated from his team (Dont worry, he gets to play again in the next team matchup, he is only eliminated for this matchup).
-The matchup ends when one team has all of its players eliminated.

-$- Entry fee will be 10 dollars per person.
-$- The winning team will split 70% of the pot evenly between them, and the second place team will split the remaining 30%. This means that if 40 people enter, with 8 teams of 5 players, the total pot will be 400 dollars. The winning team will split 280 dollars, so each of the 5 players will get 56 dollars. The second place team in this example splits 120 dollars, so each player would get 24 dollars.

This format is both a good chance to double your money, and more importantly, learn via the direct coaching of your teammates. Coaching is encouraged, and the main purposes of this format are so that A.) Your top-player teammates has incentive to coach you and B.) Everyone on every team gets a chance to play.

I hope everyone at the event will enter this team format and have a great time with it. Thanks!

Melty Blood Actress Again rules
The general rules:
* The Japanese PS2 version of Melty Blood: Actress Again will be used.
* The Original balance settings will be used.
* Default settings (except for quick restart and handicap being disabled).
* All characters are allowed except Archtype:Earth.
* Bring your own stick or pad.
* Free character selection by default; blind pick can be requested by either player.
* Player side (1P/2P) is to be determined by a coinflip upon request. No switching for the duration of the match
* Shower or bathe before the tournament.
* You can change your character at any time except when you just won a game (and, of course, mid-game/between rounds).
* All multi-button marcos

1v1:
* Double elimination bracket.
* Two out of three games for most tournament games.
* Three out of five for winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals.

2v2:
* Teams are to be composed of exactly two people.
* Single elim bracket.
* [[Depending on the number of entries]] I would like to divide the teams into 3 single elim brackets. The winners of each bracket would do a 3 team round robin final.
* Players are free to select any tournament-legal character and mode they wish at any time, regardless of what their partner is using.
* The format for the tournament is commonly known as "Waseda", where each person on the team plays one person on the other team. If both players on a team win, they advance to the next round. If the teams split the games, the winners of the first two games play each other to determine the winner of the set. (aka: A1vA2, B1vB2, winner of A v winner of B (unless they are on the same team))
* All sets out of the team tournament are only one game.
* If both teams can decide on initial match-ups, then they can be used. If no agreement can be made, a blind draw will be used.

SFII HDR rules
Default time and speed on remix mode
Random Stage
Akuma Banned
Winner must keep same character, loser may change
2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Matches. 3/5 matches for Winners, Losers, Grand Finals
Left side player (player 1) is responsible for loading the menus for button config and starting the game. If you stray from this and find out your buttons are wrong when the match starts, the match may not be restarted.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 rules
- $10 entry
- 99 second timer
- Speed: Turbo
- Double elmination
- 2/3 matches, 3/5 WF & LF, 4/7 GF.
- No more than one of the same character/team
- Winner of each match must keep same team, loser can change (switch glitch allowed)
- No game breaking glitches (you should know what those are by now)
- Any "blue box" incidents will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Format subject to change based on # of entries

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike rules
$5 entry, double-elim
Run on PS2
Matches are 2/3 games
Winners Finals and Losers Finals are 3/5 games; Grand Finals are 4/7
Winner may change super art; loser may change character and/or super art
No Gill.

other games:
I will post more specific rules later but...

all tournaments will use standard Evolution format rules as far as selectable characters and button mapping.

No same character teams in team tournaments.

no wireless controllers (we dont want them interfering with other peoples games on accident)

Schedule
And now, im sorry to have made everyone wait so long but here is the official schedule.

I will be going in at 10 am to set things up. If you are bringing a TV and systems I really need you to try to come as early as you can so we can get them set up quickly.

Registration will begin at 10:30

GG, SFIV, BB, and Melty Blood singles will begin at 12:00 noon! Dont be late!

MvC2 will start at 2:00

3S and Melty teams will start as soon as Melty singles are over

HDR and BB teams will start after BB singles are over

SFIV teams 3 vs 3 will start after SFIV singles followed by the special random team tournament.

If you show up late I will still allow you to register but if the tournament has already started and I cant fit you in the brackets you are going straight to losers. Be on time! I understand people are coming from far away but a 12 noon start time isnt unreasonable if you all want everything to finish on time. Do your best to get up early.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:57:01 AM by Syxx »

Offline Nightvoomer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • logical conclusion of playing H-Akiha
    • View Profile
Re: Frosty Faustings II. 1/2/10 GG, SF4, BB, MB, MvC2. Chicago IL MAJOR
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 09:49:11 AM »
I might go to this, know of anyone else thats going to tihs?
<GenericSu> actually pfhor is just one of those super anti nero guys

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 11:18:56 AM »
the local melty players will all be there, also heartnana and cappsindigo will be back from japan for this.. and i'm pretty sure magusxl and simamatty from WI will both be there

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:31:48 AM »
I'll do my best to get out for this, but I still probably won't have a driver's license by then, and it's too much of a drive + lasts too long for me to get a ride from family.  Wonder if I could hitch a ride with somebody heading down...
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 02:04:29 PM »
you can always ask around, you might be able to get a ride from folks going to this

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 09:21:26 PM »
Get hype for Chicago's first major Melty Blood event.  Post up so we can get a good idea of who is coming from out of state.  This is going to be a tournament you won't want to miss.

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 11:50:06 PM »
First post updated with melty blood entry info and a few other things

Melty Blood AA teams added!!!

Offline HeartNana

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Stealth Momo
    • View Profile
    • My Japan Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 11:54:48 PM »
I'll be there, and I'll be accepting money matches for MB:AA. I'm pretty scrubby and n00by at the game still, but I'll take any money match loss as a losing experience. Hope to see a buncha people there!
My new Japan blog  (updated weekly)- http://arcanaheartnana.blogspot.com/

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 04:07:43 AM »
I kind of want to go to this. Can anyone from Chicago give me a hookup on a drive from the airport and a place to stay? Rob yosh andy or someone hit me up when you get a chance.

Offline HeartNana

• Spellcaster
  • Stealth Momo
    • View Profile
    • My Japan Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 04:52:47 AM »
I don't even have my own room at my parents house anymore, so I'm unable to house anyone (or even have anyone over) this time around. Sorry. I myself am actually gonna be sleeping on a couch, or in the guest room.

I may or may not be able to pick you up depending on the date, but even if i did pick you up, you would be on your own for the trip BACK to the airport (since I, too, will be going back to the airport not too long after FF). It would be great to see you again, but since I'm gonna be in Chicago on vacation status, too, I won't really be able to be nearly as accommodating as I was the last time around.

Offline orka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 122
  • Grappler IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »
I kind of want to go to this. Can anyone from Chicago give me a hookup on a drive from the airport and a place to stay? Rob yosh andy or someone hit me up when you get a chance.

Hey Vic,

It's cool that you're showing interest... but tbh I don't know if this would be worth your time traveling. Although it's dubbed as a 'major' I doubt there will be large out-of-state turnout for games other than Guilty Gear. It's less than a month proceeding NEC, and you might be better off saving travel funds for larger MB events in the future like AM or FR (where I'm highly likely going).

However, I would definitely offer housing for you if you would still like to come. But I don't own a car, so you would need to rely on somebody else driving or public transit - which would take about a hour between O'Hare and my apartment.

PM me if you would like to further discuss this.

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 12:32:10 PM »
that should have been a pm in the first place  :psyduck:

Offline Kobayashi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 12:45:17 PM »
I'm there.  I'm also taking MM's

HeartNana:  $10 ft3?

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »
I would like to do a money match with sp00ky if he comes, or anyone else coming from out of state for that matter.  :D

Also yes, we do not have a huge player base between Wisconsin and IL (as you can see from the tournament results section) but over the past couple of weeks people have expressed more interest in coming so I hope to see a decent number of players who I have met since I started playing 3 months ago show up.  If you are considering going to any Melty Blood tournament in the midwest any time soon, this is going to be the one as it will either make or break Melty as a legit tournament game in this area.

Offline HeartNana

• Spellcaster
  • Stealth Momo
    • View Profile
    • My Japan Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 01:22:47 PM »
Kobayashi - Sounds good!

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 04:59:57 PM »
It's cool that you're showing interest... but tbh I don't know if this would be worth your time traveling. Although it's dubbed as a 'major' I doubt there will be large out-of-state turnout for games other than Guilty Gear. It's less than a month proceeding NEC, and you might be better off saving travel funds for larger MB events in the future like AM or FR (where I'm highly likely going).

Just like to clear this up, AM isn't really a major. WC doesn't have true MB tournies atm aside from the FFA stuff.
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 08:50:07 PM »
Confirmed 10 dollar entry

do it big chicago

(623B)

Offline NappyJin

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Blog Of Blank.
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 01:25:03 AM »
I'm so there.

Hype? I think so.
Just shut up already.

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2009, 08:28:07 AM »
Ticket have been brought, barring something happening I will be at this.

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2009, 08:39:50 AM »
First post updated with rules for singles and 2v2 :)

Offline ShardZ

• Wheelchair Pimp
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Even MI gets 2A'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »
I'mma be there :D

rob:  hug match or bust. :V

sp00ky:  man, I already donated money for ah2, but I definitely want to get some games in with you.

syxx (and most other ppl):  hm, I'd be down for $5 ft3.

Offline NappyJin

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Blog Of Blank.
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2009, 11:09:58 PM »
I'll play you FT3 $5, ShardZ.

I'll play some other peeps as well. GET AT ME.
Just shut up already.

Offline Xie

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Mechanized
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2009, 01:52:39 AM »
Probably can't go to this, unless a miracle occurs.
AND BEYOND.

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2009, 02:18:03 AM »
Well this is a yearly tournament so you can always plan for next year.  A lot of us are working very hard to get more players involved and try to build a scene.  We have the players but it's hard getting everyone together sometimes.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 01:00:15 PM »
If you run this next year ill try to plan a trip up to make this. This year is a no go for me as im in a bad financial situation. but itd be nice to see how people around my hometown play.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~