When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Castle Fight Night #8 - Long Island, New York - April 26 - 4/26/08  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
Castle Golf
1878 Middle Country Rd
Centereach, NY 11720
(631) 471-1267

I would like to say that I'm really happy to see that Long Island is finally growing into a spot where people come from other places for the tournaments. Hopefully this one will be even bigger!

That being said, this event will be run quite differently than the rest. For those of you who don't know, Castle Golf is an arcade/go-kart/mini-golf place which is normally only open from April through October. Some of you may be wondering, "Well, John, then how do you run tournaments during the winter?" It's simple. Lance, the owner of Castle Golf, liked the idea of tournaments so much so that he let me run them during the winter, opening only for the Saturdays that there were tournaments.

Castle Golf's fighting game tournaments started last summer, but weren't nearly as large as they are now. It normally wasn't an issue of running all tournaments at once in the one party area because there weren't as many people. However, now that we've grown nearly tenfold, a change must be made. Here is how it's going to happen:

There will be 6 games at this tournament, just like the last one. One of which, however, is still up for debate. Those 6 games are as follows:

* Guilty Gear: Accent Core -PlayStation 2- Run by Mike/KayinNasaki

* Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver. B -PC-

* DEBATABLE = Arcana Heart = Super Street Fighter II Turbo

* Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike -PlayStation 2- Run by me

* Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 -Xbox 360- Run by Phil/9.95

* Super Smash Bros. Brawl -Nintendo Wii- Run by Ryan F'N Mead

Venue fee will be $10 and tournament fees will be $5. If equipment is brought, $5 will be taken off of venue fee. You can no longer enter tournaments for free. I had complaints about pots becoming too small because too many people entered for free.

Arcana Heart people, please let me know if you'd like to have another tournament. I know that since AH2 will be out in Chinatown within the next couple of weeks, so I'm not sure if you guys would still want to have a tournament for AH1. PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! If you don't want a tournament, ST will be run in place of it.

Since Castle Golf will be open for business, we will be restricted to the one party area and the outside area. The outside area, weather permitting, will be used for casuals. No tournaments will be run outside due to the possibility of glare. Because of the one room restriction, 3 tournaments will be run at a time. Venue registration will be taken at the same time as tournament registration at the front counter by me. Mark is no longer involved with Castle Fight Night anymore. I will personally take registration money for both venue and tournament, compile a list of players in all games, and give the lists to the tournament runners so they can make the brackets.

The first 3 games will be as follows:

* Guilty Gear: Accent Core
          o Being run by Mike/KayinNasaki
          o If the turnout is the greatest out of the 3 tournaments being run at this time, 2 setups will be used
          o Standard tournament rules apply
          o Double elimination
          o 2/3 Winners and Losers Brackets, 3/5 Finals for both, 4/7 Grand Finals

* Melty Blood: Act Cadenza ver. B
          o Being run by Kevin/Zaelar
          o Double elimination

* Arcana Heart or Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Registration for the first 3 games will start at 12 NOON and the tournaments will begin shortly after 1pm.

Whichever tournament gets more registrants will have 2 setups to ensure that everything runs quickly. Once these tournaments are done, I will begin registration for the other tournaments for 1 hour. Tournaments will begin shortly thereafter. Since only 3 tournaments will be run, I can record one game's Top 8 and burn it onto a DVD for whoever wants to make copies of it. You guys can even use my commentary setup if you wish, have a blast.

The other 3 games will be as follows:

* Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
          o Being run by SweetJohnnyCage/IcyCool/MEEEEEEEEEEE
          o Two stations will be active during tournament, converting to a back to back setup for Top 8
          o Double Elimination
          o Top 8 will be recorded once again with commentary by Tinshi and whoever else wants to!

* Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
          o Being run by Phil/9.95
          o PLEASE NOTE that unlike the previous UMK tournaments at Castle, there might be a $5 entry fee this time!!!
          o Double elimination

* Super Smash Bros. Brawl
          o Being run by Ryan "F'N" Mead
          o 3 Stock
          o 5 Minute Matches
          o The following stages will be used:
                + Final Destination
                + Battlefield
                + Yoshi's Story
                + Smashville
                + Pokemon Stadium 1
                + Lylat Cruise
                + Delfino Plaza
          o 1v1 - Double Eliminiation
          o 2/3 Winners and Losers Bracket, 3/5 Finals in both Winners and Losers, 4/7 Grand Finals

Please be sure to show up for you tournaments when necessary, I can not stress the timing enough guys. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

This thread will be updated periodically, check back regularly for new information!!!

Offline Kayin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • A POTENTIAL CAT FUCKING
    • View Profile
Re: Castle Fight Night #8 - Long Island, New York - April 26 - 4/26/08
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:25:14 PM »
I might show up to this, hopefully I can.
<3

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 10:23:46 AM »
Hmm, interesting. I'll try and be present for this as well. First irl tourney ftw  :toot:
<justzar> great anime <3

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 05:05:21 PM »
heheh hell yeah!!! look at jiyuna!! totally kicked ass his first tourn off irc!!!

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:56:52 AM »
I didn't get to make it to the last one, hopefully i'll have better luck this time around.
<kijea> anyone pick me up for AM4
<kijea> plz
<kijea> i will suck ur dick

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:58:35 PM »
HYPE HYPe !!!!!