When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: GVN Winter Brawl 6 - Frozen Battlegrounds- Feb 18th and 19th-... (Philadelphia P  (Read 20472 times)

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
[media=youtube]eP-0b_41KMQ[/media]GVN Winter Brawl 6 (WB) Feb 18th & 19th 2011, $500 bonus for UMvC3 & SSF4:AE.

GVN Winter Brawl will also be an Evo Qualifier for SSF4ae, UMvC3, MK9, SC5 and KOFXIII

GVN Winter Brawl 6 February 18th and 19th, 2012. RIGHT HERE in Philadelphia, PA at the beautiful Sheraton Suites Hotel.

Sheraton Suites Hotel

4101A Island Avenue,
Philadelphia, PA? 19153

(215) 492-0400?
1-215-220-4614

*Located 2 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport.

Hotel discount link:
https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1112064966&key=28671

——————————————————————————————————

Online Venue and Game Registration

http://www.necphilly.com/archives/gvn-winter-brawl-vi-online-venue-and-game-registration/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAMCO Special Event

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone and it's the start of the new tournament season in the Fighting Game Community. With the New Year comes New Hype and Big E Gaming and FINAL ROUND LLC are teaming up to get the season started on the right note! WinterBrawl 6 (Feb 18 and 19 of 2012 in Philadelphia, Pa.) will be an Official Qualifier tournament for FINAL ROUND 15 (March 2, 3, and 4 of 2012 in Atlanta, Ga.) inSOULCALIBUR V where the top 16 players at Winter Brawl 6 will recieve seeding at FINAL ROUND 15. The winners of the SOULCALIBUR V tournament will recieve free badge and tournament entry at FINAL ROUND 15. Big E Gaming will provide the winner of SOULCALIBUR V a round trip flight to compete in the main event at FINAL ROUND 15. In addition to the SOULCALIBUR V qualifiers/tournaments, players and spectators will also be able to play the newest version of TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 on an official Arcade Cabinet at Winter Brawl 6 and FINAL ROUND 15. Reserve your tickets now and "GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE".

Special thanks to our Sponsor NAMCO BANDAI Games for supporting the FGC at our events as they will be providing a $1000 prize bonus to the SOULCALIBUR V tournament at Winter Brawl 6 and $5000 prize bonus to SOULCALIBUR V at FINAL ROUND 15! "The lifespan of any competitive game is all about quality of the games and the community behind it. All we want to do is to be supportive of of these tournaments, organizers and most of all the players - " says NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager Rich "FilthieRich" Bantegui . Don't miss out on either one of these amazing events and start the new tournament season off with a HUGE BANG! Both events will be here before you know it, so start planning to attend both of these great events in the FGC! Online pre-registration are live for both events.

You can get all of your tournament info for Winter Brawl 6 at the following:
http://www.necphilly.com
http://www.necphilly.com/archives/gvn-winter-brawl-vi-online-venue-and-game-registration/

Hotel Reservations:
https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1112064966&key=28671

You can get all of your FINAL ROUND 15 information at the following:
http://www.finalround.org/
http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/index.cfm

Hotel Reservations:
https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1109065066&key=7A7BA

------------------

GVN Winter Brawl T-shirts will be available soon.

————–

Information:

(There will be a $25.00 online venue fee, $35 at the door)
Door registration starts at 9am, both days.

Contact Information:

http://www.necphilly.com

Eric “Big E” Small
267-207-5680
eric2necphilly.yahoo.com

Robert “FightClub” Hubbs
610-573-8305
hubbsdoctor@gmail.com

SPONSORS:

Special Pre-Winter Bral 6 Event:

February 17th, 2012, 6PM

University Family Fun Center

4008 Spruce St
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Super Street Fighter 4: AE 2012
$3.00 venue fee/$5.00 entry fee

Single Elimination & Character Lock Japanese Style

Will be capped at 32 players.

————————————————————————————————————————-
Time Table

Preface:

It should be no surprise to everyone that has attended our tournaments over the past couple years that they are constantly growing. With that said it’s becoming increasingly more difficult on ourselves to stick to our time schedule just out of the sheer number of players entering each tournament. Please try to help us out and be on time (especially for the biggest time killer…teams) so we can in exchange provide you a smoother and less chaotic tournament experience.
————————————————————————————————————————-

—————————————————————————————————————————
Main Games:

Soul Calibur 5(PS3)
SSF4AE 2012(PS3)
KOF XIII – (PS3)
BlazBlu–(Ps3)
Gulty Gear XX AC–(ps2)
Tekken 6–(ps3)
3rd Strike–(ps2)
UMvC3–ps3
MK9--ps3
MBCC
———————————————————————————————-
Side Games:

Garou – Neo Geo

Super Turbo –Super gun and cab.

Vampire Savior – Super gun

Killer Instinct – Arcade

A3--

More info to come.

2/18/2012

Start times for teams:
Team Tournament games:

AE 2012-- 3v3-- 10am-- single elimination till the top 8-- lets see how good you really are. Lol.

MVC3–3v3-- 10:30am same format as 2012

BB– 2v2-- info coming later.

MB–??? """"""

SC4– 3v3-- 12pm rules coming later.

3S– 3v3--5pm same rules as before.

2/18/12

Game – Entry Fee – Start time

SSF4AE2012 – $10.00 -4pm--ps3

Tekken 6 – $10.00 -12pm-- ps3

Blazblue CS2 EX – $10.00 -1pm--ps3

Soul Calibur 5 – $10 – 2pm--ps3

KOF XIII – $10 – 3pm-- s3

GGXXAC – $10 – 4pm--ps3

UMVC3 – $10 – 4:45pm-- ps3

Arcana Heart 3 – $10 –2;30pm

MbCC -- $10-- 3pm

MK9 – $10 – 3pm

———————————————————————————————————–
Sunday 2/19/2012

Game – Entry Fee – Starting time

Cont of SS4AE2012 –12pm

Cont of UMVC3 — 12pm

3S--tbd

ST--

More info coming later tonight.

————————————————————————————————————————–

Rules

Coming soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow Us On Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-E-Gaming/134156909991927
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:58:00 AM by BigE »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
I'd really like to go to this. Alot. Probably the first big CC major.

<3
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
I'll be going.

BigE:

Info wise MB teams are usually 2v2 $5 per team member unless we say otherwise.

And any way we can get more megaphones? We'll probably want one per game instead of the one per room we seemed to have at NEC.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
I'll go only if I can room with someone & CC's port is good. That & if Skullgirls is out

And yes I'll pay to stay.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
I'll try and make this my first WB.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
Will be there!
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
I'll be going.

BigE:

Info wise MB teams are usually 2v2 $5 per team member unless we say otherwise.

And any way we can get more megaphones? We'll probably want one per game instead of the one per room we seemed to have at NEC.

That's st1ckbug's personal megaphone, I'll probably nab one for myself at some point.
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
Singles Saturday plzzzzzzzzz
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Singles Saturday plzzzzzzzzz

^^^ On the real this needs to happen
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
That's st1ckbug's personal megaphone, I'll probably nab one for myself at some point.
Tell me if you're trying to grab one, I can probably get you a discount.
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
Singles have always been on sunday, why do you guys want it on sat.

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
I have a lot of great news for you guys next week.

Namco, FR15, and a few more things get ready.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
I plan for this to be my last EC tourney before moving back down south so I'm probably in there. Anyone getting a room?
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
Lets go players.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
Showing up for that MBAA Current Code!
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
/Users/user/Desktop/409451_10150464164375778_678735777_9127761_340695923_n.jpg

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
Hype lets do it.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
/Users/user/Desktop/409451_10150464164375778_678735777_9127761_340695923_n.jpg

Link doesn't work & I won't be here for this cause I'm moving, sorry guys, have fun though
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Red Leather Jacket

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • The Sexy Bishonen Prince
    • View Profile
This will be my first time playing Melty Blood in a tournament setting D: /scaredtodeath
I'm a scrub but follow me anyway at:

twitter.com/OchiChernye

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
i'll be there ofc.  let's get some kinda headcount goin' now.  i'll want to book a room somewhat soon since they sold out so fast before nec.  i assume my usual compatriots will be there, to whom half my room will be open.  parking is becoming increasingly a bitch though, so don't fully expect to be able to use room keys for it.

Red Leather Jacket: good luck:)  the mb community is famously friendly so relax.  but don't drop.

speaking of which, BigEric that parking fee is getting ridiculous.  at NEC they were trying to charge even room owners.  i know it's not your fault or something you probably have any power over, but man-  it's absurd to pay $21 to bring my car to + $7 each time i drive out of a hotel where i am simultaneously booking a room and paying to attend a convention.  in practice most people are constantly playing the waiting game at the gate until the desk people just let it open without payment.  this only makes the situation even stupider because all they are doing is pestering everyone while overcharging/frustrating the kind of people who actually book rooms.  if not for the fact that your tourney was going on there and you got us a sweet bargain on the suites, i wouldn't stay at that hotel solely based on the stinginess and stupidity that the parking situation shows.  it's also worth noting that i've never seen their lot reach capacity at one of your events and the hotel isn't exactly in center city or NYC.
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
I strongly intend on going to this.  I'm a little worried about the large parking fee that cropped up in my absence, in addition to the raised tournament price.  Maybe BigE you could charge say, 15$ for a one day entry fee for the venue, and 20$ at the door.  That way if people want to attend all three days, they would get a "discount" by paying your 25/35, but if they attend one day they can save themselves ten dollars.  Alternatively, if they came one day and decided to come back for the next, you could actually make more money since they would have to pay the one-day fee twice.  This would sort've balance out the raised venue fee.

As for parking, you can't really get a decent meal at the hotel (7$ for a muffin if I remembered) so you have to leave the lot to go out and get something (It's just a highway around the hotel, so you can't walk), and your clients are gamers.  Maybe you can get a reduced parking fee for the weekend?  It might be hard, but do your best.  It's really hurting us little guys who want to play, but can't because that little bit of money between venue and parking is food for the week.  You started these tournaments so the players could play right!  So, let's do our best together to make the tournament experience friendly and affordable for everyone. 

GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
I'll be there for cc regardless of irritating parking fees, winter brawl is always a fun and sober event

side note, I strongly recommend people bring bread and peanut butter, maybe an apple or two + a box of cereal to tourneys, makes life waaay easier and is pretty cheap if you go all poverty brands
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
I'll help anyone out with parking if they drive me places

I willlll gooooo no matter what!!
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
The hotel should NOT be charging you for re-entry if you have a room with the hotel. If this is happening, you need to go down to the front desk and get that cleared up. I know it was an issue initially with a couple of people who were staying with me at NEC, but I was able to straighten that out.

I can see why they would be concerned -- it isn't NYC, but it is five minutes from the airport, and if they had open parking, people would abuse the shit out of that (and their shuttles).

side note, I strongly recommend people bring bread and peanut butter, maybe an apple or two + a box of cereal to tourneys, makes life waaay easier and is pretty cheap if you go all poverty brands
This, if at all possible. Hell, even when I fly out I usually bait someone into taking me to the grocery store down the road and getting some random food (usually some granola bars, Gatorade and energy drinks). I know the MD/VA guys brought in a griddle and were preparing eggs, sausage, bacon, etc. on it. Hell, everyone could work together and have a melty breakfast.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
Will be there for MBCC! Hopefully with my boys from NE
<justzar> great anime <3