When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: I'M BURGIN!!!!!!! - Philadelphia, PA - ON HOLD | aka Mizuki comes east!  (Read 6476 times)

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
Lets get it, this is gonna be big business!

The Lowdown

This is a BBQ tourney, which will be held in the Fairmount Park system, which is ultimately located in Philly. Exact address is unknown, but I'll post up all the details as soon as I get the park permit situated.

The Entry Fee

$15 a head, plus an item of your choice(see below for options)

The Games

1) Arcana Heart 1/2
2) Melty Blood: Act Cadenza
3) Capcom vs SNK 2
4) Super Street Fighter II Turbo
5) Tekken 5: DR
6) Guilty Gear: Accent Core
7) King of Fighters 98
8) Akatsuki Blitzkampf

The Price
$5 a game

The Rules
# Double Elim.
# 2/3 Games for Normal Matches
# 3/5 Games for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals
# Winner must keep same character(Able to choose different Arcana[Arcana Heart only])
# If player is not available at time of match, will be sent to loser's bracket. If already in loser's bracket, will be eliminated. Name will be called out using intercom system.

How The Hell This Is Going Down?

It's a tournament laced with a barbecue. You pay your entry fee into the tourney, get your badge, and play your damn games with the luxury of some good food on the side. Your entry fee will be used for charcoal, grills, tables, power strips, blah, extra food, renting the space, and giving the guys who cook AT the tourney a little compensation. If you don't have a badge, I'm gonna have to remove dat ass, and why would you want to make paying for this harder for me?

Why Can't You Run Such and Such Game?

Because I don't like running around like a chicken with no head. I never said you couldn't run your own game, just so long as you bring your own TVs and systems we're cool. If you have interest in a certain game, I'll gladly keep track of who might show up for such game, and if it reaches to over 20 people in the pre-reg list, hell I'll get it going.

So Whats The Situation With Me Bringing Stuff?

Well, to be blunt, I'm not buying all the fucking food for this event, or you'd be paying like a $30 cover fee. I feel as though the best way to get food available for the tourney, is to have each attendant bring a little something for the grills. I'm also going to need some nice guys that'll be cool with donating equipment for this, because I'm not gonna find 20 TVs on my own, or even just systems. I can't afford a PS3 jeez, don't look at me that way.

So to get people schooled in how this thing is working out, I'm gonna go ahead and drop some knowledge right now. Basically, depending on what you bring helps decide what your cover fee is gonna look like. As far as food/utensils, well those are mandatory for entrance. The food/utensils are tiered into different categories, and depending on what you choose to bring along decides how MUCH you're bringing. This is the list I'm going by, check it:

Damn dog, you're getting in free: Supergun(Gotta come with a board nigga)
$10 off cover fee: PS3, TV, Table, Grill
$5 off cover fee: PS2, laptop
$1 "At least you tried" off cover fee: Power strip, Extension cable(30 feet minimum, must have 3rd prong), GHETTO BLASTER

If theres anything not on this list that you'd be interested in bringing, just post about it and I'll see if I'll need it, and how much you'll get off for bringing it.

-----

Lets talk food.

Tier A(aka this needs to feed at least 10 people): Potato Salad, Fried Chicken, Macaroni Salad, Candied Yams, GREENS, Mac & Cheese
Tier B: Watermelon, Chicken, Hamburgers, Fish.
Tier C: Hot Dogs, Biscuits, Cornbread, Soda, Corn on the Cob, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cheese, ALUMINUM FOIL
Tier D: Salt, Pepper, Metal Skewers(no wood), Plastic Spoons/Forks/Knives, Paper/Plastic Plates, Paper Towels, Hot Dog/Hamburger buns, Mustard, Ketchup, Chips, Soda, Pickles, Beans, Rice.

Again, if theres anything not here that you're interested in bringing, drop me a line and I'll see where it'll fit/if I'll need it.

Tier A, you only have to bring one item(as long as it feeds 10 people, I don't wanna hear no "it feeds 10 homeless guys"). Also it already needs to be cooked, preferably in something that can be covered up, and can take the abuse of being covered/uncovered. Aluminum pans work nice!

Tier B, you're still ballin with the food, but you didn't cook anything. This is the stuff that will be cooked on site, bring 2 of these guys

Tier C, now we're getting to the meat of the event. If you're bringing something from just this tier, you're gonna pick out 3 things, duplicates are allowed.

Tier D, well this is hard. Just bring 4 for now

-----

Are there any other things that'll need to be done for this tourney?

We're gonna need people to cook this stuff, sushi is nice and all but to have raw food all day is pretty uncool. I'm gonna need people who KNOW what they're doing, and can cook things that will eventually get eaten. If you're skilled in a certain area but bad in others, thats fine as long as you let me know beforehand. I don't want 5 guys who can only cook burgers but can't cook a piece of chicken worth a shit.

If you take this position, I'll need to you cook 2 hours minimum, and you'll be reimbursed your entry fee, along with free entry into a game of choice. I'm not gonna have anyone slaving over a hot grill while everyone else grubs down mad hard.

-----

There will be limits to what gets brought to this, so after I get a certain amount of people bringing a certain thing, I'm closing off the list for said item. Can't have 30 guys bringing hot dogs and like 2 people with potato salad, you dig?

Equipment List

-->PS3 - 3
1) Dream, 1

-->TV - 20
1) Name Here

-->Grill - 5
1) Name Here

-->Laptop - 5
1) Mizuki, 1
2) Kayin, 1

-->Table - 10
1) Name Here

-->PS2 - 18
1) someAzNDude, 1
2) Kayin, 1

-->Supergun - 2 | CLOSED
1) bellreisa, 1
2) Sp00ky, 1

-->Power Strip - 10
1) Name Here

-->Extension Cable - 10
1) Name Here

-->Ghetto Blaster - 3
1) Phae, 1

The numbers represent the limit for how many of an item can be brought.

Food List

--->Hot Dogs - 20
1) someAzNDude, X

Cook List
1) Phae

-----

If you have any interest in attending this, pre-register! I need to get an estimated headcount for how many people are gonna be attending this, because the cost of the permit depends on how many people I'm going to be holding at this tourney. I also need to assure myself that I'll have enough food and that this is worth doing.

To pre-register, just post up with the games you'd interested in entering, along with the food you'll be bringing with you. If you're bringing any extra equipment, include that as well so I can get all of this listed. I ask that if you say you're gonna bring something, please bring that item. You can always change your food before the tourney, but don't have me expecting greens and I see you with 3 cans of raviolis tourney day. You can always take your name off the list in case you aren't able to go, so even if you have the slightest interest in going, register for now.

Name, Food, (optional)Equipment, Games

The Pre-reg list

1) Hyperhal, Philly PA, 3 packs of hot dogs, 3 TVs
2) Mizuki, Curry/Mac & Cheese, 1 Laptop
3) someAzNDude, Hot Dogs, 1 PS2
4) woof, N/A, N/A
5) bellreisa, N/A, 1 Supergun-AH2
6) Phae, N/A, GHETTO BLASTER -Cook-
7) Peskypurple, N/A, N/A
8) ulovemikeroch, N/A, N/A
9) Master Chibi, Banned
10) RushedDown, N/A, N/A
11) CoMeBaCk386, N/A, N/A
12) Demon Hyo, N/A, N/A
13) Justin W, N/A, N/A
14) E-Honda, N/A, N/A
15) GreenAnt, N/A, N/A
16) Kayin, N/A, 1 PS2|1 Laptop
17) Sp00ky, N/A, Supergun-AH2
18) Dream, N/A, PS3
19) Zaelar, N/A, N/A
20) Orka, N/A, N/A

-----

As far as misc. information goes, as far as address and everything, I'll get that figured out as soon as I apply for the permit. I'm gonna scan the possible places I can hold this, and pick what I feel is the best location. As the date goes, right now thats when I want to hold it, but of course things can get ambiguous with the rise of outside problems. Don't book your flights/bus tix as of yet, I'll confirm the date in 2 weeks.

Make this a success by coming out! It's a great deal!

BELLEDIT: HAL IS LAZY
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:50:26 AM by Hyperhal »
215-218-8244

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
Re: I'M BURGIN!!!!!!! - Philadelphia, PA - 7/26 | July 26th
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 03:01:22 PM »
behold the future of EVO :V
NETPLAY

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 07:28:03 PM »
Great way to celebrate my birthday.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »
Assuming the ah2 board situation works out, I will bring ah2 for this, which means we have our first target for an ah2 'major' Also while I can't buy a grill, if you can find me a supermarket nearby i will buy a shitload of burgers/buns/hot dogs/soda.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:04:47 PM by Sp00ky »

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »
Yeah I'm interested but don't put me down as a guaranteed for attendance or the AH2/supergun until I post a picture on the internet of the goods with a scrap of paper besides it with "<@bellreisa> lol sup" in bad handwriting
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 01:15:36 AM »
I find it funny that the most expensive thing (laptop) is only a B tier cost reducer.  I understand why it's there, I just think it's funny.

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 04:23:08 AM »
Supergun + board is way more expensive than a laptop dude.

Unless we're talking about some board made 5 years ago or some garbage.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 05:01:52 AM »
I find it funny that the most expensive thing (laptop) is only a B tier cost reducer.  I understand why it's there, I just think it's funny.

Only thing being run on laptops is Melty, which we won't need that many for

Bell nothing on the list is final, its just a placeholder for me, so I can confirm things in May
215-218-8244

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »
Supergun + board is way more expensive than a laptop dude.

Unless we're talking about some board made 5 years ago or some garbage.

Supergun is banned cost.

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
I'M BURGIN SON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NETPLAY

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • You already know
    • View Profile
I'll probably make it out to this. Too early to start the hype though.
<kijea> anyone pick me up for AM4
<kijea> plz
<kijea> i will suck ur dick

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
Someone gimme tickets!! D=
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
Added Akatsuki Blitzkampf and Kof98 to the game list. I also updated the pre-reg list with members from SRK, and I'll be adding people from here later on when I get back home. Any questions or comments would be the shit.
215-218-8244

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • You already know
    • View Profile
I'll bring my laptop, anything else isn't certain yet. I'll try to see in the next few weeks what I can bring across the state.
<kijea> anyone pick me up for AM4
<kijea> plz
<kijea> i will suck ur dick

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
I'm bringing Higu Kai Daybreak as well.
what the fuck is this game

Offline XAQshinor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Shirley ;-;
    • View Profile
i thought u werent coming miz :(.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
i thought u werent coming miz :(.

Even if I go 0-2, I still wanna see all you EC faggots :3
what the fuck is this game

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
WORD i will bring a PS2 WHATS GOOD!!!! ::thumbs up to HAL::
XAQshinor (12:27:12 PM): Yea I won but I'm still salty

Offline SacchinWantPie

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
I would love to go to this. not sure i can make it since im poor and live in GA but ill try.

I can bring: 1 19inch television. 1 copy of MBAC.  A ps2 if needed

Games i want to join: MBAC, GGAC
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 10:45:34 PM by SacchinWantPie »

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
Hal check your PM's you stupid loser.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
There is a small possibility I might go. Depends on my finances and frequent flier miles as the date approaches. If I did go, I'd absolutely need someone to house to make this financially feasible. I have a ps2 and a laptop.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
As far as housing goes, I'll ask around and see if anyones willing to take in out-of-towners. Also there is a slight possibility I will be moving this tourney to merge with another. I'll let everyone know in due time, I'll make sure people know at least a month in advance.

Keep it hypeeee! If you can cook, step your shit up :toot:
215-218-8244

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
this is still happening right?

cuse im bringing the hot dogs and i could chip for that damn ground beef (no homo) shit

Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
Ah fuuuu-

I forgot to edit this topic, the tourney is on hold as Big E wants to get me a place for this. This can get un-stickied until hes ready to lay info at me
215-218-8244