When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Kirah's Bash 3!! {August 27-29}  (Read 20435 times)

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
Re: Kirah's Bash 3!! {August 27-29}
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »
I'm also thinking of holding another event before NEC, something more official and I found a prime location i'll keep you guys posted on that.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 01:29:47 PM »
Wow, 12 open slots. Wonder if ppl know it's a 3day event lol. Anyway, I'll be lugging over a slim to add to the mb stations. Here's to ppl not being NAH status for this -> :toot:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:13:13 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »
Yeah ugh..tomorrow my father leaves until monday, so i'll be preparing the house. I'm also working on that event, i'm just waiting for some confirmation. There are no more locals held for Melty, and i'm going make sure there is. This is fucking ridiculous, people want to play and no one is making the effort instead of a select few. Our community is small you think we'd be tighter. I always keep my house open for people to stay for free and it's time for more of us to step it up.

PS: And people who posted in this thread are exempt from the up above black out. You guys are part of the reason why I still play and am so hungry for this shit.  :prinny:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:00:18 PM by Kirah »

Offline nightroad

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »
You can count me in. This is a great way to get back on my melty grind

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 06:02:51 PM »
I'm just going to be honest and state that your neighborhood makes me feel very, very uncomfortable.

Not you, or your house, or anyone in it, I've just never liked being anywhere near Jersey City.

:|
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »
It's all good Chibi, I hate being here my damn self, but i'm one of the few people doing/trying to do shit and make do with what I have. I try and make everything as comfortable as can be sorry if I fail guys.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 06:26:43 PM »
I'm just going to be honest and state that your neighborhood makes me feel very, very uncomfortable.

Not you, or your house, or anyone in it, I've just never liked being anywhere near Jersey City.

Describes my parents pretty well, actually.

If I go, I can bring one ps2, but considering i'd be only able to stay a day, I'm not sure how reliable that is for you guys.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2010, 07:33:34 PM »
It's all good Chibi, I hate being here my damn self, but i'm one of the few people doing/trying to do shit and make do with what I have. I try and make everything as comfortable as can be sorry if I fail guys.

Nah, I'm not blaming you or anything like that, just me being white and suburban.

I have something in the works as well, not sure if I can make it this weekend though, we'll see.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 03:07:44 AM »
So where do i find this fabled chinatown fair bus from philly
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »
...Someone bring dice.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 11:43:43 AM »

Sounds like Dippy everytime I bring up Final Round lol.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »
@ Ehrik: I'm not to sure really, does anyone know the website if there is one for the chinatown bus?

@Zartacus: Playing some cee-lo eh?

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 04:42:41 PM »
where is this?
is there parking?
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »
Jersey City, NJ
80 Sackett 07304

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »

Sounds like Dippy everytime I bring up Final Round lol.

And yet he never had a problem being in Philly for NEC each year.

:prinny:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2010, 12:14:42 AM »
Hey guys,

Komi here.  Don't mind my avatar/sig as it's just the result of a lost bet.  Some of you may know me as a lovable, charismatic otaku.  Others that fucking creepy fat white weaboo guy (in hater's terms).  I've been out to every event and have done my best to help provide the MB Community with setups, a place to sleep at the philadelphia tournaments, and picking you niggas up at your bus stop/train station/airport wherever you're coming from.  I've worked pretty hard, but not as hard to get people together in one place (with an even worse financial restriction) as Kirah has.  

I just wanted to say, I'm white as white gets, nerd as nerd gets, and was raised in suburbia.  I also wanted to say for years before being on the scene, I've been coming to Kirah's house for MB games.  Sure the first time I was scared.  Yeah, once I got a parking ticket.  I'm sure some of you can even recall the night we walked to Walgreens and ran into a couple a people asking us what gang we're from (to which LPT shuffled his backpack and puffed up his chest through his checkered shirt and replied "We're from the internet!").

Jersey city is a city.  Just like any other city it's got it's majority of colored people and gang activity (which may concern some of you)  I won't lie, you can sometimes hear sirens or large groups of people partying at night.  

I've attended just about everyone of Kirah's events for MBAA and gone up for games probably more than anyone here.  I want everyone to know I've never had an incident involving violence.  I've walked 20 minutes from the train station to Kirah's past midnight, defenseless, with my netbook on me and didn't even get looked at funny by anybody.  You might forget people *live* in this city which is why it's so populated.  No one wants to deal with any violence or have a run in.  When we leave at night we always go in party's of five or more, and during the day the town is completely harmless.  There's lots of nice shops including a Bergen's Bread n' Butter, a walgreens, and an IHop.  Kirah works hard to get 3~5 setups every event so no one is ever waiting for games too long.  And best of all there is easy public transportation there, especially from NYC.

If you have to deal with school, that's fine (I also have to move in and won't be there Sunday).  If you are lacking funds/motivation to attend an MB event, okay (though you seriously miss out as you can learn a lot about the game playing with this many different people and there is enough MB stations to stop and test things as no one is in a rush during a whole-weekend event).  But do not not not let your motivation to not come be a result of the area.  Kirah lives in a nice house that's gated in and his door autolocks when it shuts (you can't even get in without someone letting you in).  His family is very welcoming and unobtrusive, and I have never ever had a bad experience with the city and likely visited much more than any of you (outside of that damn parking ticket, which you won't get on the weekends).

Damn that street sweeper parking ticket.

...Someone bring dice.

Also, sure you want to bet with me?  And my dice?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 01:23:25 AM by whatever5c »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2010, 02:11:06 AM »
>But do not not not let your motivation to not come be a result of the area.
math fail

But more importantly, am I going?  Find out next time on melty bread Z!

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »
Lol, thanks Komi that meant a lot, but my house isn't nice. It's made to host gatherings and orgies :toot: Though that's neither here nor there.  ;D Also for my victims to not escape, I always get a thrill when they run frantically trying to escape. ^^

Offline MonoTekETeA

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2010, 04:15:17 PM »
I drove up to get some homies for winter brawl last year. Brand new Toyota Yaris at time. I forgot and left my wallet in there over night...Car was still there in the morning. My windows weren't smashed, my wallet was still there. I even found some one else's wallet on my car.

Now, the fact that one of the biggest snow storms in the past 20 years touched down that night, might have some play on these facts. But I am just saying. It isn't like you hear gun shots and rape every night...

-Jeremy

PS. You should bring something for sleep, and maybe a little extra because he may still have wood floors.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2010, 04:26:52 PM »
It's nice compared to the houses all around you <.<;
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
i am brave, I just need to somehow get to this

edit: ok found info
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:59:44 PM by ehrik »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 07:53:12 PM »
I'm not going, sorry.

Ehrik I'm moving in this weekend so. . . .
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 09:13:47 PM »
I should be able to drag people there Friday afternoon and I should be able to at least stay a few hrs Friday and Saturday.  :prinny:
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 12:28:07 AM »
I like being dragged as long as I don't get burns.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2010, 11:49:18 AM »
I probably won't go anymore, no money left over from Deathburger + Summer jam + week o melty