When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: March 12-14, 2010 (FINAL ROUND)13 New Era of HYPE! Atlanta, Ga.  (Read 70356 times)

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
Re: March 12-14, 2010 (FINAL ROUND)13 New Era of HYPE! Atlanta, Ga.
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2010, 11:54:06 AM »
I can run it on Saturday if all able bodies are available. It's just gonna be crazy since SF4 starts Saturday too.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline doren2kisDAGAWD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
hell yeah do it saturday, hype

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2010, 06:54:05 PM »
I can run it on Saturday if all able bodies are available. It's just gonna be crazy since SF4 starts Saturday too.

2v2 or 3v3?
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
    • FUTAE NO KIWAMI AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2010, 07:55:01 PM »
Posting in this thread to steal that last hotel room spot from some flake (nah just kidding sympathy tears for you Chibi)
"It's like Marvel with all Cables!"
-jwong on IaMP

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Respect your opponent's and respect the game!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.finalround.org
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2010, 08:31:05 PM »
Pre pay online discount is now closed.  Thank you to everyone that prepay for they're badges.  You will make our job starting the tournament much easier.  For those that didn't pre pay online you can still get your badge at the door of the event.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE COMING TO FINAL ROUND, YOU STILL NEED TO PRE-REGISTER FOR THE GAMES YOU WANT TO PLAY!!!! If you don't do it now, you will have to do it at the door, and that will take time. The more people that have to do this, the more time it will take, and the more things will slow down.

Sign up for the forum, then use your forum id and password to log in to the main site. Details can be found here:
http://www.finalround.org/FRXIII/registration.cfm

Oh yea there's only 5 hotel rooms left for the weekend at FR13.
Final Round "A Tradition in The FGC"

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »
Yeah I don't really see myself being able to make this, it'll be soooooooooo last minute and I don't think it's possible. Shit just fell through unfortunately.

:S
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2010, 06:20:27 AM »
2v2 or 3v3?

2v2. If everyone is available for team tournament on Saturday (and time alotted on said day), let's get it done. You hear that Larry?
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2010, 06:28:07 AM »
Wait, wait, what?  Melty Blood is listed for Sunday.  You mean if we bought plane tickets for Saturday to be there sunday we're gonna miss teams?  
For those of you thinking last minute plans(like me), Bus tickets are running at 180$ and Plane tickets at 218$, so you might as well fly down. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:32:24 AM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2010, 06:40:45 AM »
I haven't heard of anyone coming down on Saturday night for Sunday, but you have a point. I was against Saturday at one time because of SF4 raping the main ballroom and us having no place solid to play. Also, it seems teams/singles on the same day works out for Melty tournies these days anyway. We just need time IMMEDIATELY after singles and have signups for teams while singles is running.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2010, 06:55:27 AM »
I strongly prefer Teams in the morning for melty to get people to loosen up, than do singles afterwards to finish grand finals into the night.  If WB is any learning experience, everyone is DEAD for teams after singles.  Overall I don't really think it matters, though.  If we have time on the floor to run both, it'll be better. 

Teams, being single Elim, shouldn't take more than 2 hours.  If a solid 12 hours is set aside for melty, like 11am-11pm it'll run pretty smooth.  As far as I know Melty was supposed to start around like 3pm though?  How's the schedule look, it could be tough to run teams after singles.  Like you said though, if signups are done during singles, it shouldn't be a problem. 

Having a megaphone, really, really, really helps.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2010, 10:14:56 AM »
I haven't heard of anyone coming down on Saturday night for Sunday, but you have a point. I was against Saturday at one time because of SF4 raping the main ballroom and us having no place solid to play. Also, it seems teams/singles on the same day works out for Melty tournies these days anyway. We just need time IMMEDIATELY after singles and have signups for teams while singles is running.

I don't see teams on Sunday before singles happening for the fact that everyone will probably get drunk the night before and will not want to wake up that early...hell no one would want to wake up early in the morning anyways. I also don't remember any major MB tournaments (Or any major for that matter) running teams right before singles and working out. It's almost always one day for teams and one day for singles. I also don't think SF4 will rape hard enough to the point we will have absolutely no room to play. Besides that, worst case scenario we have another ball room right?

I'm just saying that if we have enough practical space (3-4 TVs) for casuals on Saturday we can easily run a team tournament that same day and we have no reason to wait to do it on Sunday. Also for the people who were flying in Saturday NIGHT just for singles...were most likely not planning on entering teams anyway.

....And yes a megaphone would help wonders.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:24:27 AM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline pbj_mixxa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • LOLI-DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »
Some pleasant news.

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I might not be able to show up after all.  I'll do what I can, but don't get your hopes up.
I like pi!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »
Definitely coming for sure now, but still need a room from Sat-Sun/Mon (for two peeps).

If it comes down to it, I'll get a room myself, but then I'll need a few more people to share the room with. (Thats where you guys come in D:)

edit: yo brandon got a space now that Chibi and pbj_mixxa might not be able to come?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 03:54:00 PM by ehrik »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2010, 03:56:41 PM »
Definitely coming for sure now, but still need a room from Sat-Sun/Mon (for two peeps).

If it comes down to it, I'll get a room myself, but then I'll need a few more people to share the room with. (Thats where you guys come in D:)

edit: yo brandon got a space now that Chibi and pbj_mixxa might not be able to come?

Yeah, I got you down. With that said with PBJ possibly being a no show and Chibi BEING a no-show it looks I got...

Voomer
Pfhor
Woof
DivineArc
H-F Blade
Ehrik
Siblade
Ehrik's Friend
Master Chibi (?)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:44:35 PM by NotBrandino »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2010, 03:58:31 PM »
I'm actually bringing another person too, can I squeeze in one more? He goes by Arkaether. D:
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline woof

• Spellcaster
  • efz kof2k ah - the trinity of woof fgs
    • View Profile
    • MISCHIEF WORKSHOP
« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2010, 04:02:18 PM »
dont forget that sibladeko was to replace chibis spot in the room

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2010, 04:41:45 PM »
If I miracously manage to go I'll sleep in the bathtub or some shit if you'll let me.

:toot:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2010, 04:47:38 PM »
I'm actually bringing another person too, can I squeeze in one more? He goes by Arkaether. D:

If I miracously manage to go I'll sleep in the bathtub or some shit if you'll let me.

:toot:

Yeah I got you 3....I hope you guys will have fun fighting for spots because it's going to be packed like sardines in here.

Edit: I have the hotel room from Friday to Monday, but I won't be getting to the hotel till like 8 or 9 PM so you guys will have to find somewhere else to chill till I get there...also the hotel split, assuming everyone shows up, will be $21.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:57:59 PM by NotBrandino »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2010, 05:01:55 PM »
Haha good shit. Well it'll be 4 because of Sibladeko, so...I guess we'll all have to bro it up if you know what I mean.

(In all seriousness, sibladeko asked first so if you don't have room just kick me out)

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2010, 05:10:58 PM »
Haha good shit. Well it'll be 4 because of Sibladeko, so...I guess we'll all have to bro it up if you know what I mean.

(In all seriousness, sibladeko asked first so if you don't have room just kick me out)

Well I already took Siblade into consideration...and if worst comes to worst I can always reserve another hotel room and have the two connected.

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2010, 05:34:16 PM »
Komidol: I wasn't gonna do teams before singles for reasons that Brandon mentioned...I will be shitfaced for the first 3 hours of my awakening on Sunday.

If Larry does not show up to the thread tonight, I'll ask him about it in the morning. Since most of his team tournies are same day as the singles, time is always of essence. The only thing I had about Saturday was that the bigger games were going down that day like SF4 and BB that some of you have already signed up on. Plus the fact that the main ballroom will be totally crammed from doing shit.

I forgot we had another ballroom set aside for Smash that one year. Maybe we can share that room with them.

Ultimately, Larry gets ultimate say-so on shit like this. I'll PM him about it tomorrow if he's not here to intervene yet.

One more thing too...we need a megaphone. Yes we (can) do.

Offline doren2kisDAGAWD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2010, 05:57:42 PM »
teams after single tournys are always ass!  dont do it

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2010, 06:06:48 PM »
OK this mainly for the people who are planning on rooming with me:

Since 10 people to a room sounds like a gay bachelor party waiting to happen I was wondering if I reserved a 2nd room and paid for half would you guys be up for it? Basically you'd only be paying like...$33 or so for more room and Chibi wouldn't have to sleep in a tub  :V. If the majority is up for it I can reserve the room by the end of the week if needed.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2010, 06:31:47 PM »
yo can i get a room... i haven't heard frm orka yet about that situation.. and would like to get my practice in with melty peeps.. so if you don't mind me... that would be great!!
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2010, 06:49:32 PM »
yo can i get a room... i haven't heard frm orka yet about that situation.. and would like to get my practice in with melty peeps.. so if you don't mind me... that would be great!!

Fuck it I'm getting a 2nd room. No way I'm going to be able to fit 11 people to a room...I'll just get two rooms and see if I can get them connected. Sorry to whoever STILL trying to get rooms, but you're on your own.

So if that's the case it's looks like it's going to be:
Brandino(Me)
Voomer
H-F Blade
Ehrik
Woof
DivineArc
Siblade
Nas
Master Chibi
Arkaether
Pfhor

We can figure out how we're going to split the room when we get there.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 06:55:42 PM by NotBrandino »