hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood @ Evo 2008  (Read 11813 times)

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Melty Blood @ Evo 2008
« on: May 27, 2008, 03:21:18 PM »
Tournament details still undetermined.  Expect something similar to the usual.  Likely $5, double elim.

Also at srk: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=157000

This is singles, not a team tournament.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 03:24:03 PM by Zaelar »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: Melty Blood @ Evo 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »
og team spooky (zar, spook, you, me) vs any other 4 man team for lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$

what's good <3?
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 11:48:18 PM »
og team spooky (zar, spook, you, me) vs any other 4 man team for lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$

what's good <3?

This would basically be Melty Cup but nooooo.... no one wants to do that!  :toot: :psyduck: :blah: :slowpoke: :prinny:
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 12:07:23 AM »
I've been trying to get qualifiers for this, one on each coast, but I'm not sure if theres going to be any available on the WC.  EC isn't a problem, but I don't want to do one without the other.  So...is there anyone on the west coast that can help out here?  (I already asked Bell about AM3, and it isn't happening there for understandable reasons).

Short details on the format:

It will pretty much be like last year, 4 double elim brackets with the top 4 from each going into a final 16 man bracket(loses kept).  People will be separated into brackets by state(possibly having north cali/south cali, would like more help here since last year this had issues).  Bracket program will be set to separate people by coast/mid/non-usa at that level.  Qualifiers (if available) would simply be placed in different brackets, not given byes or anything like that.

$5 entree fee, although if there is a large want for $10 I'll up it.  Free entry for setup donors.  I'm considering having a guaranteed pot but I'll have to check my financial status as we get closer.

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 11:04:13 AM »
Outside of cali there simply aren't enough WC players to even have a qualifier, I think there's a total of maybe 5 people between oregon and washington combined.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 12:51:08 AM »
There's like...5...or so MB players here in AZ. Can we mix in with Cali players?  :prinny: :prinny: :prinny:
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:46:58 AM »
There's like...5...or so MB players here in AZ. Can we mix in with Cali players?  :prinny: :prinny: :prinny:
Have you no pride?!
thundering waterfalls

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 01:01:22 AM »
So I don't think the qualifiers are going to happen.  Not a big deal.

This is likely to take place Saturday night.

I also would like to have other tournaments/events run if there is interest.(so...is there interest or does everyone just want casuals/money matches?)

Singles, one game, single elimination.  Would go very fast.  Likely just a $1 entree fee, maybe even free entree.  We've run this format on EC and it's a lot of fun.  Could add in locked characters and make this essentially the same as most Japanese tournaments.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »
I'm assuming this is a side event?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:54:10 PM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 10:38:22 PM »
So I don't think the qualifiers are going to happen.  Not a big deal.

This is likely to take place Saturday night.

I also would like to have other tournaments/events run if there is interest.(so...is there interest or does everyone just want casuals/money matches?)

Singles, one game, single elimination.  Would go very fast.  Likely just a $1 entree fee, maybe even free entree.  We've run this format on EC and it's a lot of fun.  Could add in locked characters and make this essentially the same as most Japanese tournaments.

Random tourney.  Everyone enters and chooses random, they can repick once.  Singles, one game, single elimination.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2008, 12:51:21 AM »
A random select tournament is one of the ideas that I had.  I was thinking instead of being able to repick once, before picking each player can choose two characters that they can repick if they get.  I was also thinking of throwing random teams into this.  I'm not sure if many people can handle so much randomness though.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 07:57:12 AM »
any chance you'll consider bumping the entry fee to 10$? It's not too hard of a hit on the pocket like say, $50 for a minimum of two games (lol arly. thanks for bringing that down though :sweat:)

Also, if signing up now would save you time on that Saturday you can put me down now:

Zar The Biscuit (NY, NY)
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Captain Condor

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 08:41:21 AM »
The more stupid the rules, the more chances of a stupid player winning.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 01:52:54 PM »
Start getting people to say they want $10 entree and I'll up it.  Not changing it just for one person.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 01:48:50 AM »
OK, lots of updates. tldr: be there by 4pm on saturday.

I'm finalizing entree at $5.  The tournament will start on saturday at 5pm.  For reference, this is in the middle of ST qualifiers and will last into mvc2 qualifiers(which start at 7).  Get there early to sign-up, 5pm is the cutoff.

I'll probably begin taking sign-ups on Friday for anyone that wants to sign-up early.  Will need your name(/nick) and state(/country if not usa) of origin.  If you don't want to be separated by region please say so when you sign up.  Sign-ups will be cut at 5pm.  No late sign-ups(which means if you're just a little late you just don't get to be separated by region).

Try to be available at all times.  It's understandable to be needed in another tournament or a quick restroom stop, but please try to be available or let someone know where you are at all times so we can go to a different match right away if available.  I hate dqing people for not being available but if you can't be found for an excess amount of time, no one knows where you are, and you're holding up the tournament, I don't exactly have a choice.

I don't think any extra tournaments will be run due to lack of interest.  I think more people will be interested in casuals/money matches/other games.  I'll still run a quickie(likely jap ruleset) if enough people want though.

Please remind me if I forgot something.

Free entree for setup donors.  Entree comes out of my pocket, not the pot.  Only applies to the main tournament and not side ones.
Setup requirements:
Melty blood installed, obviously.
Latest patch.
Game may not be modified in any way.
Default in-game options, except handicap turned off.
Low graphics setting.
USB tweaked to 500 or 1000.
Must run mb without lag.
Must have at least 2 unused usb ports.
Must be available for the duration of the tournament.

Controller rules(usual stuff for most people I assume):

Must work without drivers/programs/etc.. being installed.
Must not be able to control the other player with your controller.(keyboards!)  Find a way to disable this.
Bring your own converter if needed.  Hopefully there will be some available but I can't guarantee this.
You may set your controller up any way that the in game config allows.  You may not use other configuration programs like joy2key.
No turbo or programmable controllers.  If you can use the controller without those functions it's valid as long as you don't use them.

(THIS ISN'T 100% YET)I want to have a guaranteed $250 pot.  The prize split will be 100/75/50/25, with anything extra going to first if we get enough people.  This is a guaranteed minimum, not a bonus.  I don't want to confuse anyone on that part.  I just need to 100% confirm my financial status is able to support this, which I believe it is.

I was also going to elaborate on the format, but my other post pretty much said everything but the nitty-gritty details, which can be revealed but it's mostly just redundant stuff to ensure a fair event.  The only difference is no qualifiers.

I'm not sure if these are all the same everywhere, please ask if you have a question.

Blind pick on request.
Coin flip for side on request.  Loser picks stage.
Random stage if a stage can't be agreed on and no flip took place.
Winner in a set must keep same character, but the loser may change.
All matches are one set of first to two wins, except w/l/g finals are first to three wins.  GF second set if loser wins first.
No pausing.  Inform the judge (thats me) for a resolution if a game is accidentally paused.  If both players can agree then they may usually play it how they want.

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 02:29:26 PM »
So on friday/saturday will you be in the main floor area for the signups, or a specific room?
Don't wanna be looking in the wrong place  :slowpoke:
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 02:39:03 PM »
So on friday/saturday will you be in the main floor area for the signups, or a specific room?
Don't wanna be looking in the wrong place  :slowpoke:
Yeah, we'll just be in the main BYOC area.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 07:16:22 PM »
I think you should up it to $10, seeing as how we did the same for MB at FRXI.

Also I'll be helping run singles by screaming really loud to announce your matches.

Unless I'm playing Blazeblue on the other side of the room.

:prinny:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 03:43:05 PM »
$5 entree fee, although if there is a large want for $10 I'll up it.

I said that on July 4th.  Between then and yesterday one person said they want $10.  That isn't large want.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 05:23:05 PM »
How about you make a poll or actually go out and ask people what they want? Interject yourself a bit outside of just making a thread?

;p

$5 is chump change, just make it $10.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 05:43:07 PM »
I said that on July 4th.  Between then and yesterday one person said they want $10.  That isn't large want.
If you're basing that on responses to this thread than you should just cancel the tournament outright.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2008, 03:08:16 AM »
I'd totally do a random select tourney if it's for cheap. I'm also up for the $1/single elim tournament. Beats sticking to casuals only  :toot:.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2008, 10:36:57 AM »
If you're basing that on responses to this thread than you should just cancel the tournament outright.

FUCK YEAH ENTHUSIASM. GET HYPE.
what the fuck is this game

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2008, 12:00:38 AM »
Instead of a random select tourney, would you EC heads be up for a WC vs EC 5v5 team battle?
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2008, 03:59:03 PM »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!