hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NECXI Aftermath 12/10 ~ 12/12 In Ewing, NJ  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
NECXI Aftermath 12/10 ~ 12/12 In Ewing, NJ
« on: December 08, 2010, 10:38:19 PM »
Then: Last year I was able to open my apartment up for an entire week (from the end of Christmas to 2010) for whoever in the melty community wanted to come visit and play some games where we basically play for days on end all the way through to the new year.  Also when everyone was drunk enough, I would sneak on some anime.  I have fond memories of beating Zar in a drunk mirror match with Archetype Earth mirror just by mashing 5B.  

Now: Unfortunately, this year, that is not possible - I also have a couple roommates who would probably not appreciate an "open house" - style sort of event where people are getting mad drunk.  I also will not even have access to my new apartment (I have moved since last year) during the holidays.  So, in lieu of the event I would like to happen, I am opening my apartment this weekend (as it is the only possible before my apartments close and before finals week).  For any regular who wants to come and stay a couple days.  

Ground Rules: Again, because of the restrictions, this is a private event - meaning I will need to know in advance who you are and that you are coming and will confirm it.  I have one setup (with a possible stream), but I'm expecting a friend to bring a second.  A backup setup would be nice if someone could manage just in case.  The limit set is at most 5 people (but I definitely want to hit this cap) and there is only one couch, so you probably want to bring a sleeping bag.  I have extra pillows but no blankets (and no, they're not hug pillows).  Drinking is allowed but getting loud/dumb/fucked up drunk is not.  Hype needs to take a small break between 2am and 9am; but games are fine anytime.  

Time/Location: The event officially starts at 7PM on Friday, 12/10/2010.  I can keep one or two people until as late as Tuesday night, but I think it'd be better if most people left by Sunday Night/Monday morning.  Staying over Friday Night/Saturday Night is no problem.  The campus is extremely safe, so don't let the fact the location is near to Trenton worry you.  Those coming from out of state will get priority to stay as long as they please.

Transportation:  Transportation is very easy.  You will either need to take a major train or bus line that stops at Trenton Transit Center than take the 601 Bus to The College of New Jersey.  You must have photo ID on you so I can sign you into the campus.  The senior housing is fairly large, so this isn't any normal small dorm, so again, no worries.  There is also a parking garage if you want to drive, in which case the address is 2000 Pennington Road, Ewing, NJ.  Again, you'll have to confirm you're coming and I will PM you my number.  

Reservations: I'm hungry for games, but the schedule is tight so this is the best I can do this year, feel free to post/PM if you want to come.  In January I will probably host a public event open to everybody with far less restrictions, or possibly even a tournament at a nearby location.  I also realize there is very little notice for this.  It's pretty much first-come, first-serve, but I have invited a couple people already so they will get priority if they are able to attend.  I'd be ecstatic if some MD/DE/NY could come to play, even if it's a little bit out of your way.  I'm expecting some of the regular Jersey/Philly crew to come by if other obligations (school T_T) doesn't murdalize them. There is of course, no venue, but you will need to bring your own food money and such because I'm dirt poor right now.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 10:44:04 PM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
Re: NECXI Aftermath 12/10 ~ 12/12 In Ewing, NJ
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:52:23 PM »
Dunno if I'll go, maybe for a day
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 12:18:51 AM »
Come by whenever you can Ehrik. 
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 01:16:08 AM »
This is mad late notice right in the middle of most's finals, you know.

But hell, I might drop down a day. Odds are I won't, but i might if i have free time off from studying
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 01:44:09 AM »
Well yeah, it's a bad time of the year for students (but this event isn't just for students).  I mean all my shit is due this week, I just had to plan NECXI out to be done with it before then.  I procrastinated last year, so I made sure to get shit down this year.  You're welcome to come if you want Roku, just let me know what day.  Historically I've driven up and down the East Coast and back to visit people but I need people to come out to me due to financial stress lately.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:47:56 AM by Komidol »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 05:02:28 AM »
After confirming with a couple people there should be about three spots remaining.  If you can come out please let me know as soon as possible.  I haven't included those who have posted in this thread in "remaining" spots.  Three person rotation is kinda lame so if even two or three more people can make it that would be great. 

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »
three person rotation is how champions are made
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience