When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XIII) Dec 1st & 2nd -- IN PHILADELPHIA PA -- The Fam  (Read 18961 times)

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XIII) Dec 1st & 2nd -- IN PHILADELPHIA PA -- The Family Reunion.

NECXIII will be sponsored by:

Big E Gaming
Philadelphia PA 19143
www.necphilly.com

Team Sp00ky
201 Battery Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209
http://www.facebook.com/l/e7c04TX1DyfvwzC58TPI8e7WPiQ
http://iplaywinner.com/

Namco Bandai Games
http://www.namcobandaigames.com/home

Madcatz and Markman
http://www.madcatz.com/

Atlus has just joined our sponsor family, more info to come later.

More Sponsor Info to coming.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE:
12/1/2012 – 12/2/2012

900 Packer Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Located in the South Philadelphia area 1 mile from the Philadelphia International Airport.

Rooms at the Holiday Inn Venue are SOLD OUT!. We managed to secure you rooms at the Sheraton Suites Hotel. DO NOT RESERVE A ROOM THERE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MEANS OF TRAVEL FROM THE SHERATON TO THE HOLIDAY INN.

Sheraton Suites Hotel Discount: $95 a night before taxes. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1211139204&key=A14D5

STREAM: (Main)
Will be streamed by none other than the infamous Team Sp00ky! The stream can be found here--http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

2nd Stream--Tekken/SCV and more Jaxel:http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

3rd Stream--All around Bifuteki: www.twitch.tv/Bifuteki.com

4th Stream Smash(Brawl and Melee)-- Calvin-VGBootCamp and Mark-Clash
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp and http://www.twitch.tv/clashtournament

5th Stream P4A/BB/GG - Alan: http://www.twitch.tv/St1ckBuG

more to come.

Big E
(267)-231-8996
Eric2necphilly@yahoo.com

VP--Zack/Kattermari
(201)-650-1318
kattermari@gmail.com

VP--Rob Hubbs
(610) 573-8305
hubbsdoctor@gmail.com

REGISTRATION/FEES:
Online Venue Pre-Registration: $30
www.bigegaming.com
online pre-reg will close monday night at 11:59pm, after you will have to sign up at the door.

At The Door Venue Registration: $40

Spectator Fee: $20

Pre-order your NEC XIII T-shirts
Link coming soon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Announcement:

Recently, Alan “St1ckBuG” Bakes of Team St1ckBuG has been dropping hints of a Japanese qualifier for the upcoming Northeast Championships (NEC) XIII. At Summer Jam 6 this past weekend, he officially announced the event, which will bring three players from Japan to compete at NEC XIII, December 1-2. H.H of Japan hasposted details for the tournament on his blog.
The event, called “Team St1ckBuG x OgreLive Presents NEC2012 Japanese Player Selection Tournament,” will take place on Sunday October 7 at Akihabara Clark Studio in Chiyoda, Tokyo. The games for the event will be Persona 4 Arena and BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND, both on console versions. Both titles will use single-game, double-elimination format.
The 1st and 2nd place finishers in the P4U tournament and 1st place in BBCSEX will have both flight and room costs covered to attend NEC XIII this December. The tournament will be streamed on both TwitchTV and Nico Nico Live.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special announcement 2:

It's been a long time coming, but TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 is finally here and ready for tournament play! Whether you're a veteran of the TEKKEN franchise or a new player altogether, the TEKKEN community is always welcoming players of all walks of life into their ranks. TEKKEN has long since been a part of tournaments across the country, especially here on the east coast.

It's for that very reason that we're very proud to announce the TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 Circuit! This circuit will bring the winners of the TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 tournaments from Northeast Championships in Philadelphia, PA, to FINAL ROUND XVI in Atlanta, GA, to East Coast Throwdown 5 in Morristown, NJ, all the way out to the EVOLUTION 2012 World Finals tournament.

The east coast is a huge place when you really think about it. Not everyone is able to travel up and down from Pennsylvania to Georgia then back up to New Jersey, especially if they come from states nowhere near these three. That's why we want to reward our winners with not only the prize money they've earned, but with the opportunity to go to a part of the country they may not have been able to see and compete in before.

The rules to this tournament circuit are simple. If you win the TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 tournament at Northeast Championships 13 in Philadelphia, then you will be awarded a plane ticket to FINAL ROUND XVI. If you win FINAL ROUND XVI, you will be flown to East Coast Throwdown 5. If you win ECT5, you will be flown to Evolution in Vegas. If you're local to any of these tournaments that you've won a trip to, we will pay for your hotel room instead of the flight. The four of us from Big E Gaming, FINAL ROUND, and East Coast Throwdown want to make sure TTT2 is the most memorable TEKKEN for you guys yet, and what better way than to fly you around the country to represent your home turf?!

Now that that's all said and done, get your pads and sticks out and GET READY FOR THE NEXT BATTLE!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAME RULES:
Unless otherwise stated all console tournaments will be played on PS3.

All singles tournaments will be standard format 2/3 games for normal matches and 3/5 for finals matches. (UMVC3 will be 3/5)

Team tournaments are single match the entire tournament including all finals matches.

SCHEDULE:
Venue and entry fees will be collected between 9am and 5pm both days. Please allow 1 hour prior to tournament start time to register. Even if you preregistered online you will still need to check in at the registration desk for each tournament.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday 12/01/12
Team Tournaments:

SSF4:AE teams 3v3 -- 11:00am -- $30 per team

UMvc3 3v3 -- 11:30am -- $30 per team

3S:OE 3v3 -- 6:30pm

DOA5-- 2v2-- 1pm -- $20 per team

SfXt--2v2- 3pm - $20 per team

MK9-- 2v2 - - $10 per team

ScV--2v2 --12pm--$20 per team

TTT2-2v2 --- 12pm--$20 per team

KoF13 -- 3v3-- 1pm -- $30 per team

Brawl and Melee Teams
------------------------------------------------------------------

SATURDAY 12/01/12:

Singles Tournaments:

SSF4:AE -- 6:00pm -- $10 -- will continue Sunday--ps3-- $500 pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes

UMvC3 -- 6:30pm -- $10 – will continue Sunday--ps3--$500 pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes(half the pools will start Saturday and the 2nd half will start sunday at 11am)

MK9 – 3pm-- start time -- $10--ps3-- pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes

SC5 – 3pm-- start time -- $10 (top 8 sunday)--ps3-- Pot Bonus info coming soon

TTT2 – 2pm-- start time -- $10 (top 8 Sunday)--ps3--$1000 Pot Bonus+ (free plane ticket to FR16)--Plus more news to come

P4U -- 1:30pm-- start time -- $10--Ps3- $750 bonus pot(Atlus sponsored).

BB – 2:00pm start time -- $10--ps3-- $100 pot Bonus plus some HOT prizes.

GG – 3:30pm start time --$10-- ps2

DOA 5 -- 5pm -- $10 -- Ps3-$500 pot bonus (sponsored by Team Ninja)

Melee Doubles -- 11am start time--

Brawl doubles/Melee Singles--1pm--

Brawl Singles--3pm--

ST -- 5pm-- start time -- $10 – held on arcade cabinet Or Super Gun--Pot Bonus info coming soon

Mk1--5pm

Mk2--6pm

UMK3--8pm

-----------------------------------------------------------

SUNDAY 12/2/12:

SSF4:AE – continued from Saturday – 1:00pm

UMvC3 – continued from Saturday – 1:30pm

KOF13-- 3pm--Start time--$10--ps3
$750 pot bonus (sponsored by Atlus)

SC5-- continuned from Saturday--12pm

TTT2-- continuned from Saturday -- 12pm

SfXTekken -- 3pm--start time--$5 --entry fee

MB:AA – TBD-- start time -- $10--Pot Bonus info coming soon

AH3--TBD-- start time-- $10 entry fee--ps3

3S:OE – 3pm start time -- $10--ps3--Pot Bonus info coming soon

CvS2 – TBD-- $2 – PS2

UMK3 – TBD -- $5

KI – TBD - $2

A3/A2--TBD--$2

CE -- tbd--$2

Vf5 ---2pm start time---$10 entry fee--$250 pot bonus--(sponsored by Hubb and Gvn) more info to come.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Much More info to Come.

If time permits after all tournaments have finished we will bring back the long awaited coin flip tournament! Rules to follow soon!

I will also be adding more games to this list in the next few weeks.

I want this to be the BEST NEC ever but i can only do it with the players help. There will be food and drinks available to purchase for cheap.

So that's it for now. To get a rough head count just please post or e-mail me at eric2necphilly@yahoo.com with your first, last and gamer name, the state your from and game(s) you plan on entering.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will Post players update list on other pages.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys if you see names down twice or if you don’t see your name on the list let me know.

I HOPE TO SEE ALL THE REAL PLAYERS HERE.

SOMETHING NEW

NECXIII will be helping out the local community by having a CAN DRIVE ... so bring canned food and non-perishable foods for donation ... let's show the rest of the community that we do more than play fighting games all day everyday!

WORD TO THE WISE

Keep the negativity at home. We’re all here to have a good weekend with such an amazing community.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:56:18 AM by BigE »

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
This is your Tournament Players So lets get hype.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
~General Game Rules~
Best 2/3 Games (Best 3/5 for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals. Loser must reset brackets in Grand Finals before winning)
Default Time
No Handicap
Either player may request a blind pick
Winner must report match to a tournament organizer immediately after the match.
You are responsible for your stick, or pad, or hitbox. You are coming to a tournament, bring your equipment. I have to bring my stuff to run it, there's no reason you can't show up with what you need to play.

~Acceptable Controllers~
Any wired arcade stick is cleared.
Any wired PS2/PS1 pad with a PS3/USB Converter is cleared.
Any wired PS3 Pad is allowed. (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE WIRELESS CONTROLLERS WITH USB CABLE)
The only allowed native wireless PS3 controller is the Dualshock 3. The Battery MUST be removed from the controller, you must bring your own USB cable.
If you are playing a game that is on PC, your controller/stick must be plug and play on a PC with no extra software (THIS INCLUDES MOTIONJOY). This means no Dualshock 3s, and no older PS3 TEs.
If you are using a Hitbox or keyboard style controller, your controller must be SOCD Cleaned (http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/socd-cleaner-kit-now-available.148881/ will explain this).

If you have a question about a controller feel free to ask me.

~Arcana Heart Rules~
Winner is character locked (Arcana change o.k.)
Loser may change character, as well as Arcana.
Simple Mode is allowed.

~Aquapazza Rules~
Winner is character locked (Partner change o.k.)
Loser may change character, as well as partner.
Simple Mode is banned.
Boss Ma-ryan is allowed.

~Melty Blood Rules~
Winner is character locked (Moon change o.k.)
Loser may change character, as well as moon.
Non VS mode levels are banned.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:59:45 PM by Tigre-niisan »
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
I'm currently trying to see if French Bread would be interested in bringing UNiB to NEC.

They are, sort of.

https://twitter.com/fura_pan/status/240757764455030784
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Good shit, keep me updated.
That's why it's cool.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
I will be so hype if we can get an official UNiB build.

Other than that, has Melty singles been moved to Sunday? or is that just an inconsistency in the schedule?

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Will be here 100%, I had a blast last year & I'm planning to having more fun this time around
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Don't take any times to heart right now. This is the same template that got posted for SJ lol
That's why it's cool.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
I'm currently trying to see if French Bread would be interested in bringing UNiB to NEC.

They are, sort of.

I think they didn't really understand your request, honestly. Can we get someone to translate what you want communicated to French Bread in Japanese and then posted on Twitter?

Also: is this something that Big E asked you to do, or is this something you did on your own? Just curious.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~

They are, sort of.

I think they didn't really understand your request, honestly. Can we get someone to translate what you want communicated to French Bread in Japanese and then posted on Twitter?

Also: is this something that Big E asked you to do, or is this something you did on your own? Just curious.

This is something I was looking into on my own and wanted to relay to Big E if it looked like it might happen.

And yeah I know they likely misunderstood me, I'm working on getting help :P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
As I stated in IRC after Summer Jam, NEC will be the last Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code major I run, as long as it's on PC.
 (If there is a PS3/360 port, we will revisit it. If It's a good port, we're back in there.)
Frankly, this port is ass. PC tournaments are a pain because I can't even get consistent lag across setups.
Because this is my last MBAACC major, I at least want to help things go out with a bang.
I want to get three setups that can run the game as perfectly as possible, that includes a monitor.
I want to get this settled in advance, so that we can focus on everything else.
1.)
2.)
3.)
That's why it's cool.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
Wait, if you're not running Melty Blood, then who i....

welp

Honestly, the most important thing to have is good monitors. Laptop setups are bad to play on specifically because of the display lag on laptop displays is somewhere between bad and horrific.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
As I stated in IRC after Summer Jam, NEC will be the last Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code major I run, as long as it's on PC.
 (If there is a PS3/360 port, we will revisit it. If It's a good port, we're back in there.)
Frankly, this port is ass. PC tournaments are a pain because I can't even get consistent lag across setups.
Because this is my last MBAACC major, I at least want to help things go out with a bang.
I want to get three setups that can run the game as perfectly as possible, that includes a monitor.
I want to get this settled in advance, so that we can focus on everything else.
1.)
2.)
3.)

If my PC is still working, I should be able to provide that & someone I know maybe able to bring a monitor. Honestly though, I don't blame you, it's too much hassle & people that say it's not are either a damn lie or masochist that don't know what it's like.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
If someone wants to run a Melty side tournament, beyond NEC, they're more than welcome.
I'd run this game for another 3 years, if it wasn't on PC.
It's a nightmare to have all of these non-standard setups, with different lag in different places. I at least want to make sure that NEC has proper equipment. Anime may have a stream going, more info on that later.

@dumba keep me updated, anything we can get is great.
That's why it's cool.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Guess I'll see about running Melty then. Seems like I'm one of the few people still hype about this game.

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
Some extra info, more to come.

For those who want to see the venue:

https://www.facebook.com/events/512870628726577/
https://www.facebook.com/BigEGaming
http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/philadelphia/phlps/hoteldetail

I really like where the venue is located. Parking is free. Chickies & Petes is down the street and going to be packed on Sunday for football. I'm getting some crab fries fasho.

http://chickiesandpetes.com/location/south-philadelphia/

They just built a dining & entertainment complex a couple of blocks away which will definitely be poppin on Sunday night for the Eagles/Cowboys game.

http://xfinitylive.com/

5 minutes away you can get beer, doughnuts, liquor, Popeyes, smokes, cheesesteaks, Burger King, McDonalds, pretzels, KFC, strippers, etc. 8 minutes away you can get barbeque, WaWa, Wendys, Chick Fil-A, iHop, pizza, chinese, etc.

I would suggest coming early and going out and see the actual city. $2 gets you on the subway and downtown in a couple of minutes where there's plenty of places to eat, shop, drink, go clubbing, and see shit. Don't just sit in the hotel all weekend playing games. Start planning.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile

welp

Honestly, the most important thing to have is good monitors. Laptop setups are bad to play on specifically because of the display lag on laptop displays is somewhere between bad and horrific.

lol
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Kusanagi

• Da Gawd
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • The Sword that Slays Gods
    • View Profile
$480usd round trip...

YEAH !!!!!!!
Another year I won't be knowing what NEC is. I'll stream monster at least... :nyoro:
- Main: Aoko. Alts: CRoa, CRyougi, H-Sion, C-Arc
- My Stick [TE mod. PS360+]

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Wow, how did I just notice that the location is different this time? We'll have to see how the new venue does.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
$480usd round trip...

YEAH !!!!!!!
Another year I won't be knowing what NEC is. I'll stream monster at least... :nyoro:

There wasn't a stream last year & I doubt if there will be for this year, pretty sure if anything, people'll just save the archives & upload them in their free time.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
I have nothing to confirm about a stream.
Its a possibility at this point.
Before we worry about streams, we need setups.
That's why it's cool.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
I have nothing to confirm about a stream.
Its a possibility at this point.
Before we worry about streams, we need setups.

I will bring one setup + SPEAKERS. (bc I want my awesome custom OST to be heard, not because everyone bitches  ;D)

Also I'll be taking MM's from anyone and everyone in this game that no one plays anymore  :toot: :toot: $10 minimum plz
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline woof

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • efz kof2k ah - the trinity of woof fgs
    • View Profile
    • MISCHIEF WORKSHOP

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Respect your opponent's and respect the game!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.finalround.org
Can't wait to see everyone at NEC13 shawty! :toot:  Yes I will be making my 1st trip to Philly this year.
Final Round "A Tradition in The FGC"