hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NORTHEAST CHAMPIONSHIP (NEC XIII) Dec 1st & 2nd -- IN PHILADELPHIA PA -- The Fam  (Read 18954 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
I think since there is a JP NEC Qualifier this year, you guys need to come together and run a major event for MB. 

Why you should do that, how it will contribute to the future of the game, and what it means for the English-speaking melty community in the future, I will shut my yap about this time and just say this:

There's no reason a game as good as melty should not be at NEC.  You niggas are all gonna be there anyway.  Run it, run teams, and get me video (commentary or not - save your replays - do not fuck this up).  I was hugely disappointed to see atleast 25 MB players attend Summer Jam and not sign up for MB, when they could of easily made the event the size of NECX.   

Most of all, have fun.  I want to regret not being able to go to this event.  :emo:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:36:24 PM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
It's not going to happen, this is will probably the last tournament for Melty, and it will be god awful to boot too.

That's not me being cynical, it's the truth. There hasn't been a legit Melty tournament at months, really we should all just get together, get drunk and that will be that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:15:27 PM by F9|Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
There's no reason a game as good as melty should not be at NEC.
There's no reason a port as shitty as this PC one should be run, let alone exist.

Secondly, I am running a major for melty, so I don't know what you mean by the first statement.
If you expect me to start making passive aggressive statements towards the community like the final round thread, i'm sorry to disappoint. If people don't want to enter the game, that's their choice. I'm not going to walk all over them for it.
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
There's no reason a port as shitty as this PC one should be run, let alone exist.
This isn't the aborted PS2 port of Arcana Heart 2 we're dealing with. It's disappointing that the port wasn't packaged better (and availability is an absolute bitch), but the core game is more than playable -- players have dealt with far worse.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Show up & play or don't play, that's it. I'm going to have fun & shoot the shit, see you all there.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Show up & play or don't play, that's it.
This.
That's why it's cool.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
A few suggestions:

1: Teams Sat, Singles Sun. People use having singles on Sat as an excuse not to show up for teams. As much complaining as there is going to be, I think it's actually better for the community.

2: This is more planning than anything else. Tigre, due to what happened last time I'll take responsibility for retrieving the replays. I WILL NOT stand for the replays getting lost in the ether again, even if I have to hunt people down.

3: Komi, if my laptop is capable of streaming I might be able to do a restream of the tournament. Otherwise, I'll send you the replays and maybe you could figure out a way of getting some English-Jap commentary on it. I'd actually be interested to see what the Japanese community has to say about the American matches.

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile

Count me in negroes. Now someone come get me from the airport. D:
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline pbj_mixxa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • LOLI-DANCE!
    • View Profile
Count me in negroes. Now someone come get me from the airport. D:

Yo, let's do shot matches on friday!
I like pi!

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
I forgot to post, but I bought my tickets already. See you guys Friday.

-TexasTim-

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
Rooms at the Holiday Inn Venue are SOLD OUT!. We managed to secure you rooms at the Sheraton Suites Hotel. DO NOT RESERVE A ROOM THERE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MEANS OF TRAVEL FROM THE SHERATON TO THE HOLIDAY INN.

Sheraton Suites Hotel Discount: $95 a night before taxes. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1211139204&key=A14D5

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
Possibility of high stakes MB tournament on Friday night, depending on interest/if space is available. Talk to LK if you want in the bracket!
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
My laptop is stream capable, so if I can get a connection we can stream it. (It can handle streaming and the Archetype stage at the same time. Just tried it in practice mode and kept 60 fps.)

Not going to be there friday, have fun without me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 03:02:36 PM by LivingShadow »

Offline Madscientist

• is actually Maidscientist
  • Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 79
    • View Profile
Finally confirmed going, although I won't be there until 11am on Saturday. Last minute flights suck.

Offline TrueGunnerShadow

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • Ya don't know about that TK EX Bite with C-Satsuki
    • View Profile
    • TrueGunnerShadow's Twitter
I'm ready for this. I'll be there Saturday Morning.
http://www.youtube.com/xTrueGunnerShadow
Under Night In-Birth: Linne and Yuzuriha
Melty Blood: C-Satsuki
Twitter @TruGunnerShadow (http://www.twitter.com/TruGunnerShadow)

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Respect your opponent's and respect the game!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.finalround.org
good luck to everyone going to NEC13! :teach:
Final Round "A Tradition in The FGC"

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Okay people, I have the replays for about 99% of the singles tournament (There were two matches that didn't have the last round recorded). They'll be going up in the result thread, I'll be restreaming the matches next Saturday starting... I don't know when, depends when I wake up. Probably around 1 PM or so. Then I'll see about getting them up on youtube.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Results are up in the results forum section.
I also may be running Melty at WinterBrawl, i'll have an answer later this month.
That's why it's cool.