When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: ON BLAST? !----Brooklyn, New York---- 3/27/2010 Monthly  (Read 9998 times)

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
Re: ON BLAST? !----Brooklyn, New York---- 3/27/2010 Monthly
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 09:20:20 PM »
i will help out with splitting for a hotel... if it comes to that...
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 10:26:29 PM »
You guys want to get an actual hotel hotel?

That hostel in CF is shit.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »
@ Tinshi

Just a few suggestions:

- If this event (inevitably) ends up replacing monthly BBGs I suggest (for MB) that we start a Ranking Battle System for "proper" seeding at future events. The first event could be random seeding to determine seeding for all tournaments after for the remainder of the year (you can call it a "season" or whatever). After a complete season you can reset player points/scores and possibly give prizes to the highest ranking competitor!  :prinny: I dunno, it's just an idea I'm throwing out there that I think others may be interested in (cus I know y'all hate random seeding lol). You may want to consult with Zaelar (yeah...I know  :-\) for some ideas on rankings/points/etc. He came up with some good stuff in the past but...Zaelar is Zaelar sometimes.

-I think someone was asking about rules/stipulations for the featured games. You may want to mention that to avoid any confusion/idiocy in the future. Just bringing it up again in case you missed it.

Anyway, good luck with this shit man! BLAST OFF, ON BLAST!  :toot:
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 07:05:45 PM »
Same here.

I've been doing it for ten years and counting now.

:P

Well for now that would have to happen when it comes to going to Melty!  But I'm hoping that I can get a car within August or September of this year.
@ Tinshi

Just a few suggestions:

- If this event (inevitably) ends up replacing monthly BBGs I suggest (for MB) that we start a Ranking Battle System for "proper" seeding at future events. The first event could be random seeding to determine seeding for all tournaments after for the remainder of the year (you can call it a "season" or whatever). After a complete season you can reset player points/scores and possibly give prizes to the highest ranking competitor!  :prinny: I dunno, it's just an idea I'm throwing out there that I think others may be interested in (cus I know y'all hate random seeding lol). You may want to consult with Zaelar (yeah...I know  :-\) for some ideas on rankings/points/etc. He came up with some good stuff in the past but...Zaelar is Zaelar sometimes.

-I think someone was asking about rules/stipulations for the featured games. You may want to mention that to avoid any confusion/idiocy in the future. Just bringing it up again in case you missed it.

Anyway, good luck with this shit man! BLAST OFF, ON BLAST!  :toot:

Yeah that is actually a good idea.  I'm down for that too.  But I'll go when there is another one coming up.
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline AntiShoto

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 07:40:44 PM »
I'm coming down since we poor guys have to wait till BBG to start phat venues again..Should we start one in April then, OR ARE WE GONNA
GO TO THIS VENUE AND HYPE THE SHIT UP!?

My thoughts exactly...I'll come down w/ the proper shit if necessary..Otherwise, hope to see you all random heads there..

And make that shit 10 bucks per head..Show that best 4 can run for the paper..

STAY TUNED!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 09:37:42 PM »
If this is the same venue that they held the TvC tournament I went to, well it's going to be pretty damn ugly trying to fit three tournaments at once.

Shit, I don't even think that's humanly possible.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 10:59:24 PM »
I will MM anyone. Any amount.
NETPLAY

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »
i might just take that offer..
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »
Nas are you still getting a hotel for friday/sat night

edit: nvm, found a ride back sat night. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:14:36 PM by ehrik »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline AntiShoto

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 11:29:08 AM »

Just a few suggestions:

- If this event (inevitably) ends up replacing monthly BBGs I suggest (for MB) that we start a Ranking Battle System for "proper" seeding at future events. The first event could be random seeding to determine seeding for all tournaments after for the remainder of the year (you can call it a "season" or whatever). After a complete season you can reset player points/scores and possibly give prizes to the highest ranking competitor!  Prinny I dunno, it's just an idea I'm throwing out there that I think others may be interested in (cus I know y'all hate random seeding lol). You may want to consult with Zaelar (yeah...I know  Undecided) for some ideas on rankings/points/etc. He came up with some good stuff in the past but...Zaelar is Zaelar sometimes.

THAT is exactly what would be great-having ran bats/Dan bats if needed..If we can start something like that for the On Blast events down the road..
Should it roll over BBG's in the future, this might do justice after all. We'll have to wait and see come this Saturday.

..So you mean w/ the Rankings would it be like:

1st-10/2nd-7/3rd-5/4th-4/5th ties-3 per head/7th-2/ and 9th to 13th= 1 pt. each? B/c if I can consult w/ Zaelar with that, it's only questionable if he might like it.
Otherwise, that's exactly what i similarly posted on the Evo boards before Melty was voted. Although it felt to deaf ears, it'd be nice to see it as a local season for
people to come down and level up hard without traveling far.

I'm down for this idea so long as people will be reminded that random seeding won't be done so long as people can consult me with doing the brackets manually(i.e-setups and where to put whom/ran bat points/etc.) without having a mess right after 1st round play.

STAY TUNED!