When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [Apr 13, 2012] PowerUp 2012 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season  (Read 9479 times)

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • PowerUp 2011 - April 29 - May 1
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
[Apr 13, 2012] PowerUp 2012 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season
« on: January 08, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »
The third annual PowerUp tournament is here! We promise improvements over last year's experience and even more good times. Save up your travel money and those sick days because from April 13 - 15 you should be no where else but at Arcade Legacy for PU2012.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Arcade Legacy
The Cincinnati Mall - 600 Cincinnati Mills Drive, Cincinnati, Ohio 45240
513-874-8766 (current #)
arcadelegacy@yahoo.com

DATE
April 13 - 15

REGISTRATION

Online Pre-Registration is live! It will end at 12:00am, April 9, 2012.

Pre-registration ensures that you are seeded away from others in your city, and that you do not have overlapping pools.*

For the most up to date PU2012 news please go to the PowerUp Facebook and Twitter pages.

Event Badge
$30 – PowerUp Online Store / By Phone (Call Arcade Legacy, ask for Jesse)
$40 – In-Person Emergency Registration

Spectator Badge
$15 – Online / In-Person / By Phone

To view the most up to date registration listing, please go to the PU2012 Online Registration Listings page when online registration becomes available.

We haven't forgotten about GGAC, BBCS, MBCC, AH3 and hopefully Skullgirls if it is released in time! What we're doing is having community run tournaments for these games on Friday and Sunday so that they can make use of our ample casuals space during non-pool play. King of Anime is being organized by Pope Temmy. The King of Anime schedule is embedded in the bottom portion of the PU2012 Schedule. Registration will be on-site only and requires only a Spectator Pass.

GAMES
SSFIV:AE ver. 2012 - $20 - Xbox 360
UMvC3 - $20 - Xbox 360
MK9 - $10 - PS3
SFxT - $10 - Xbox 360
SCV - $10 - PS3
T6 - $20 - PS3
KOFXIII - $10 - PS3
VS - $10 - Cabinet
ST - $20 - Cabinet

PAYOUT
We are changing things up a bit with our payout scale. Big thanks to Keits for the work he did on the UFGT7 payout scale because it is the basis for the PU2012 scale.

Click Here to view the Payout Scale

And for those coming in 1st Place, never fear! The PowerUp Bonus Structure is here! At the 50-entrant level we'll begin taking $2 out of each tournament entrant's venue fee and putting it toward bonus money for 1st Place in that specific tournament. At and above 50, multiply the total entrants by 2 to get the bonus amount.

SCHEDULE
The following schedule is subject to updates once our Exhibitions are finalized. This is only one of the improvements being made at PU2012; big thanks to Keits for his excellent scheduling example from UFGT7.

I encourage all PU2012 participants to print a copy of the schedule for their use at the event. A compressed version of the schedule will be printed on the back of all registrant nametags.

PU2012 Event Schedule

For Registration Policies, Exhibition info, Pool Assignments, Special Features, Food info, Hotel info, Stream info and the Rules please go to either the PowerUp Event Details page or the PU2012 SRK Thread.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:54:03 PM by Osirun »
PowerUp 2012, April 13 - 15

More info and pre-registration:
www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
Re: PowerUp 2012 - EVO 2012 Tournament Season
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »
Hello all,

I wanted to make the official PU2012 thread here on Melty Bread and invite all of you out for our King of Anime special feature. Read the details above in the OP.

While we will not be putting the King of Anime games on the official tournament list we also know it is important for these games to have a presence. It gives locals a chance for expanded competition and travelers have more reason to make the trek.

I hope that MB:CC and all the rest of our King of Anime games have a strong showing of support at PU2012!

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Pope Temmy

• Apprentice
  • King Of Anime @ PowerUp 2012! 4/13-4/15!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 02:50:51 PM »
Hello everyone, Pope Temmy here! So hype the post is up now! So let's get down to business!

This year even though we are one the side we are doing it big, with tournaments on all three days of the tournament. Friday and Sunday we will be in venue @ Arcade Legacy for all the listed tournaments above, but if you look below I'll be updating this space with Special Events that will either be run in venue at the Arcade or in my hotel room at the hotel. We will be recording as much as possible and giving anime as much love as possible.

SPECIAL EVENTS SECTION

Friday ~ It's Not Anime!? Project Justice Tournament
  • Will be held @ Arcade Legacy on their arcade cab (For those who don't do American parts, we will have optional Dreamcast setup with two PS2 converters and JP sticks.
  • Rules TBA

Friday - Saturday ~ After Hours Showcase Suite
  • Drop on by the King Of Anime staff room at the Hampton Inn for casuals that are recorded/live streamed after hours all weekend! Hopefully extended into Sunday night if I get the time off work.
  • Wiill feature at least 2 or 3 Setups, one each for all the KOA games with AH3 and BBCSEX on rotation on the PS3.
  • We'll try to cram as many people as we can for as long as we can before we all crash out!

I will be updating as soon as I have more details on special events and other things worked out. Clear out your calendars and come on out April 13. 14 and 15 2012! I promise you everyone involved in this will be working hard to make sure that everyone has the best possible time. Any questions PM me here or on Dustloop/SRK/Homing Cancel or get at me on twitter @PopeTemmy.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 12:02:18 PM by Pope Temmy »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 06:41:27 PM »
Anyone from the Mid-west hitting this up? I'll most likely be here since it's only a 3 hour drive.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »
@Brandino: We're posting here on Melty Bread to help build the hype! We are a Midwest event and love it when we see out of state travelers. Pope Temmy is the man with the plan, but he will still need help from the MB:CC community to build interest; I hope more people see this thread and post up there interest in attending.

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Pope Temmy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 09:29:33 AM »
As a note, if housing is going to be an issue for people that wish to travel to this event, please get in contact with me and I will see what I can do about finding a place for you. We might be cramming a couple hotel rooms and maybe someones floor or something but we will try to be as accommodating as possible!

Also, with the right number of people, would you guys be interested in Melty teams?

Offline Dullyanna

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Abare-tard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 11:22:31 AM »
Just an FYI, you can count on me to go for sure. I can't speak for them, but Tiggy and DandyJ are probably likely as well.
Yo let's talk about sewckiheemay character development together

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 07:04:59 AM »
@Dullyanna: Great! Glad to hear it. Here's hoping Tiggy makes it out; I'm pretty sure DandyJ will not only for King of Anime but for KOFXIII as well.

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Pope Temmy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 11:18:52 AM »
While monitors will already be provided by the venue, I will need at least one or two setups for Melty to compliment my own.

I'll talk to Osirun and see what we can work out for people who help supply setups for King of Anime.

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »
We will only need a couple official King of Anime setups for MBCC and any other KoA game. So for the helpful participant who does bring what Pope Temmy needs to the event, and allows us to use it for the duration of the tournament, I will give you a 50% refund on your event venue fee.

Also, I am extremely excited to finally announce that PowerUp is teaming with Focus Fire to provide our equipment for this year’s event. This is the last major upgrade to PU2012 that will address those four big issues we had last year:

Problem: It’s cramped in here!

Solution: Arcade Legacy is moving to a new , larger venue.

Problem: I had to wait forever for my pools!

Solution: Pool scheduling, pool assignments, and personalized pool schedule.

Problem: I wanted more food options!

Solution: The new Arcade Legacy is in a mall, right next to the food court and the movie theater.

Problem: The setups weren’t that good and there weren’t enough!

Solution: Focus Fire!!

Focus Fire has been developing a fine reputation with the fighting game community, and PU2012 aims only to further that goal while providing the absolute best we can for our attendees.

See you all at the event!

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 09:04:37 AM »
What entry fee would the MB:CC community prefer for the King of Anime side tournament of MB:CC? $5, $10? Thanks for any feedback!

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
Ladies and gentlemen, PowerUp 2012 is right around the corner. If you plan on attending please hop on the PU2012 group rate at the Hampton Inn as soon as possible, because in only 3 weeks the group rate will no longer be available! The rate will expire on March 21st, so please don't get stuck without a good rate on your hotel room for the weekend.

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline ZomB

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
Expressing interest and a high likelihood to attend if nothing comes up.

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 05:11:49 AM »
@ZomB: That's great to hear! Hope to see you at the event.

Everyone, check out the PowerUp 2012 Official Tournament Trailer! Big thanks to Kameron Davis for all his hard work on the trailer.

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 10:58:17 AM »
I don't think I'll be able to make this event after all Brandino. It's the same weekend as the Nascar races in Texas. I told my dad I'd go with him like a month ago.

I'll try and schedule my trips up to Ohio to visit family during MB events in the future, so I can come up there and play more often.

I'll try and keep a closer eye on the events posts in Ohio. ;)

-TexasTim-

Offline HARD_BREAD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • IPAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2012, 11:35:23 AM »
I'm trying my best to make it out there for VS/KOF...Now I can play Melty too?  :prinny:
The dream is bread.

Offline Pope Temmy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »
Update on a few things for everyone, all of our King of Anime games have been switched up a bit to better mesh with the rest of the schedule. The biggest change is, Guilty Gear and Melty Blood are on Saturday, BlazBlue and Arcana Heart 3 are on Sunday. If this change presents any major problems for anyone, please contact me ASAP so that I can address all concerns and lock in a schedule that gets the most people out.

The second thing is I've added two special events. The first being a Project Justice tournament that'll be ran on Arcade Legacy's own cab. (Dreamcast setup with PS2 converters will be available for those who play pad or cannot cope with american parts.) The second is the running set of after hours casuals all weekend in the King Of Anime staff room at the Hampton Inn. Lots of matches will be recorded and hopefully live streamed from the hotel.

On that last note, I am putting out a request for individuals with knowledge of our line up of games who would be willing to commentate on finals matches we record for all the games. If you feel you fit the bill, please contact me.

More to come soon as April is just around the corner!

Offline ZomB

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 02:35:17 PM »
The only possible problem here would be... I plan on definitely entering VSAV and MBCC. If I decide to play SFxT, UMVC3, or both -- how badly would the schedules conflict here?

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 08:09:25 PM »
@ZomB: If you enter VSAV, SFxT and/or UMvC3 we will ensure that you do not play in concurrent pools for those games. So there would be no schedule conflict. Now, if you enter MBCC then there may be schedule conflict depending on where we place you in the pools for the official tournaments that you enter.

Your official tournament matches would take priority over MBCC and any other side tournament, but the bracket runners of side tournaments will know this. As long as you keep Pope Temmy in the loop he will not DQ you from the MBCC bracket if you have to play in other, official tournaments. I hope that answers your question, but feel free to ask anything else.

Only 5 days left until the PowerUp 2012 group rate at the Hampton Inn Cincinnati/Northwest expires! Hop on those room reservations asap by learning the details at this link.

Also, PU2012 is less than 28 days away! Online registration with the discounted $30 Venue Fee will expire midnight April 9th. Don't get caught paying $40 Venue Fee at the door and lose seeding privileges; register online now!

If you pay at the door for your Venue Fee and Game Entries then you will be placed into the first available spot in the pools. We will try to accommodate for region and skill, but if you don't register online you leave us in a bind time-wise, and we will be forced to place you more haphazardly into the bracket so that we can get the event started on time. Do not wait; register online now!

ALSO!

We have added Skullgirls as an official tournament at PU2012! (So this means you would need a Venue Pass to play in SG)

You can register for SG now at the PowerUp Store, and if you have already registered don't worry. You can pay for entry into the SG tournament without having to pay additional Venue Fee, or we can upgrade an existing Spectator Pass. Just remember to use the same Name/Handle for brackets!

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Beno~

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 12:19:04 AM »
I guess ill come for SFxT, MB, and SGs. See ya there

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 07:36:50 AM »
@beno~: Great to hear! See you at the event.

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 10:09:44 AM »
The PowerUp hotel group rate has expired, but if you are still in the market to get a hotel for the event, please check out this link: Hotel Guide for the Cincinnati Mills Mall

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
By now you know that the 7pm exhibition slot on Friday, April 13th is being filled by KOFXIII. What you don’t know is the format. Well, you didn’t know until just now! Dream Cancel presents -

Concept
A 5v5 where each team member is locked to only one character from the KOFXIII roster. No duplicates allowed on a team.

The goal is to win five FT3 matches, but the catch is that each game within the FT3 is a fresh 1v1. This is similar to regular 3v3 KOFXIII, but instead of one player controlling the entire team, the entire team is controlled by three individual team members.

Rules

-Each 1v1 game is Best 2/3 rounds.
    -Each player sets his character to Handicap +1. This helps anchor-type characters remain viable by providing some initial meter.
    -Teams blind pick a player order from their 5 members. The first 3 team members in each order play the initial FT3. After the initial FT3, any player who lost a match is shuffled out to let the next ordered team member join the FT3, starting from the anchor position and moving upward.
    -After each 1v1, next upcoming players are to restart the previous game and do button checks and controller swap if necessary. Then begin the next game by returning to character select
    -Team PowerUp uses PowerUp custom colors. Team Dream Cancel uses Dream Cancel custom colors.

For an explanation of the turn order structure, follow this hypothetical example:

FT3 #1

A / B / C
vs
1 / 2 / 3

A (win) vs 1 (lose)
A (lose) vs 2 (win)
B (lose) vs 2 (win)
C (win) vs 2 (lose)
C (lose) vs 3 (win)

Team Numbers Wins

FT3 #2

D / E / A
vs
3 / 4 / 5

D (lose) vs 3 (win)
E (win) vs 3 (lose)
E (win) vs 4 (lose)
E (win) vs 5 (lose)

Team Alphabet Wins

FT3 #3

E / A / B
vs
1 / 2 / 3

And so on, depending on which players lose in each FT3.

Don't forget to check out our other exhibition events at the PowerUp website.

www.powerupfighters.com

Offline Beno~

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 03:15:29 PM »
Interest check.

Heard some people backing out from this in IRC.

Who's coming or is this game dead D:

Offline Osirun

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »
@beno~: Well that's sad news. Hopefully Melty will have at least enough people for a round robin; it's a good game that is worth traveling for.

www.powerupfighters.com