When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Nor Cal INSTALL: GGAC, MBAA & T6 Ranbats [Season 6: 6/5/10]  (Read 26543 times)

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Reviving Nor Cal: Bringing Back the Guilty Brood [Season 3: 3/6/10]
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 11:27:11 PM »
magz will provide the streaming setup and we'll only stream something like top 8 after Guilty Gear. I suggest getting a memory card mod! Don't worry about the PS2 setup, but if you could bring a TV that would be much appreciated.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 11:53:24 PM »
As long as it's on a Saturday, I can come through since I've got weekends off. Can bring a setup once again, both TV and PS2.
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2010, 02:32:11 AM »
magz will provide the streaming setup and we'll only stream something like top 8 after Guilty Gear. I suggest getting a memory card mod! Don't worry about the PS2 setup, but if you could bring a TV that would be much appreciated.

Okay, actually the problem is just the PS2's laser is dying (it's a release model) so even memory card hack wouldn't work. I'm trying to get my network adapter back so I can do hd mod.
what the fuck is this game

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 02:40:09 AM »
Oh snaps, that was quick gettin' the next ranbat set up. Anyways, i'll be dropping by again so I can bring my setup. Should I bring a TV?
MBAACC1.07: C-Wlen (main), H-Hisui, C/H-Sacchin
BBCSex: Carl (main), Makoto
Gundam VS ex: God Gundam

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2010, 10:38:20 AM »
More TVs are always appreciated. Last ranbat was good but we didn't get those TVs for a while though and we lucked out with several surprise TVs. As people post, I'll keep track of what equipment we'll have but I'm looking to have about 8~10 setups total for Guilty Gear and Melty Blood.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 10:49:37 AM »
GJ organizing this next ranbat ASAP Mr. Dakanya~su!  :3

Keep the stuff updated so I can update it on the first post.  The last tournament was all fine and dandy, BUT PEOPLE NEED TO BRING DEODORANT OR SOMETHING.  I could smell the sweat in the air, and that says a lot...since I lost my sense of smell.
 :prinny:
"He, who knows, does not speak.  He, who speaks, does not know."

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2010, 11:26:44 AM »
Yeah, It got a little gross in there...
<LoliSauce> I bet they'd make them for the opportunity to get any other form of currency!
<shizuka> ahh apparently zimbabwe doesn't use the zimbabwean dollar anymore
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa
<LoliSauce> my plans have been foiled <LoliSauce> =<

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2010, 12:37:36 PM »
Is it at all possible that recording could be done independently of the stream?  That way after the match a more reliable post-ranbat method can be used for videos(youtube or something).  The quality of the recordings this month were pretty bad due to connection issues and because the only recording was the stream itself there's no way to fix it.

Offline neZ

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Braindead
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2010, 01:17:09 PM »
Keep the stuff updated so I can update it on the first post.  The last tournament was all fine and dandy, BUT PEOPLE NEED TO BRING DEODORANT OR SOMETHING.  I could smell the sweat in the air, and that says a lot...since I lost my sense of smell.
 :prinny:

Troof

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 01:59:12 AM »
Is it at all possible that recording could be done independently of the stream?  That way after the match a more reliable post-ranbat method can be used for videos(youtube or something).  The quality of the recordings this month were pretty bad due to connection issues and because the only recording was the stream itself there's no way to fix it.
don't worry we can enhance them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxq9yj2pVWk

on a serious note, i dont know if we can simultaneously record while streaming.
thundering waterfalls

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 03:06:57 AM »
You can. If you use FMLE+Ustream setup. You can save what you output via FMLE in the option. Saves it in flash too so it's easy to upload to youtube. Livestream procaster there is a way too, I don't remember it, but there's an option. Actually I don't remember if it records external output stuff now... It does take a bit more processing power too, so if you have a shit laptop, it won't work.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 03:09:52 AM »
on top of requiring more power, i think the problem with that recording setup is that the quality wouldn't be any better since you are recording the stream and not the raw video, which happens to be the concern being addressed here.
thundering waterfalls

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2010, 03:50:31 AM »
on top of requiring more power, i think the problem with that recording setup is that the quality wouldn't be any better since you are recording the stream and not the raw video, which happens to be the concern being addressed here.

Well, FMLE can record video that's being inputted, pre-processed I think. I can try it tomorrow and post results.

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 06:11:45 PM »
Is anyone interested in doing a 2v2 tournament at the next ranbat?
<LoliSauce> I bet they'd make them for the opportunity to get any other form of currency!
<shizuka> ahh apparently zimbabwe doesn't use the zimbabwean dollar anymore
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa
<LoliSauce> my plans have been foiled <LoliSauce> =<

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 11:00:18 PM »
Is anyone interested in doing a 2v2 tournament at the next ranbat?

That sounds cool, but would we have enough people to actually do that?

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »

Yeah pretty much.  IMO quality should be a larger concern than live streaming just because if people can't watch the stream due to quality issues then streaming it isn't accomplishing anything anyways.

That's just my opinion though.

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »

I'm pretty sure if we want better video quality, we'll probably have to get a capture card. From what I've read, the Pinnacle Dazzle is what most people use, and it runs like $90. If someone's interested in getting that, I'd be willing to pitch in a few dollars towards that.

Offline ckosra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Away
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2010, 12:03:13 AM »
I can record in good quality with my setup but can't really stream. However since I am using a splitter anyways, somebody else could connect to it and stream on their setup while I record the video directly.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 10:07:23 AM »
crossposted from Dustloop, excuse my laziness

Stay hype, the venue is still happening. Sorry for my recent absence and the lack of updates. The venue is at Hayward and the area we're using is in a commercial complex so there will be ample parking. The address is 30997 Huntwood Ave #108, Hayward, CA.

There will be prereg for a guest list and I'll construct a system for it or handle it manually but no one's getting paid to sit at the door all day and we will be closing the doors at 40 people so I stress that people show up early... the venue fee will be $4 and after 2pm it'll be $5 and you might have to call someone to get in. Of course we'll still be open to people who don't prereg provided that we have enough space.

About the GGAC cab, sorry but we weren't able to find the GD-ROM for sale, maybe for next ranbat if we have it at Hayward again. For now we'll put 3S on the Astro City, free play.

I haven't had the chance to inspect the venue due to some unforeseen circumstances that happened when I went to visit on Sunday so I'll go again next weekend to find out what the situation exactly is but I think the primary concern will be extension cards. We will have plenty of chairs and there should be enough table space.

I'm thinking we'll open the venue at 12, maybe 11 (or at least we'll be there to setup and take venue fees manually), still more to work out. Anyways I am leaving for Burnt Toast in a couple of hours so there will be more details to come later!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 10:17:20 AM by Dakanya »
thundering waterfalls

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 01:35:59 PM »
For those taking public transportation, and are out of a ride, take the from South Hayward bart 210 going towards Ohlone College and get off Huntwood av/Zephyr av.

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2010, 11:54:46 AM »
Ill be coming from fairfield, so if anybody along the way (sf, berkeley peoples) needs a ride, send me a PM.
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 12:29:56 PM »
If there are poverty games people wanna play give me a heads up, I'll bring my laptop. I have a whole ton of shit, if you think of it I have it, except bbb/mkv that shit can suck its own dick.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
Re: Nor Cal INSTALL: GGAC & MBAA + Sadlife Ranbats [Season 4: 4/3/10]
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »

EX DEERS yoyoyo here is my super ghetto but working prereg script. thanks to our benefactors for the flyer.

http://www.tsubasa.nu/dakanya/prereg/

also @TaoFTW the venue fee will be $5 after 2pm not 5pm, so $4 before 2, $5 after

More details... bring a sweater, it could get cold. We are going to leave the garage door open 'cause otherwise it's gonna be cramped and ventilation is good. We have to roll stuff outside anyways for space ie the bbq and table saw. Hope that it'll be warm and that it won't rain... but we'll BBQ anyways.

Update on the Astro City cab: 3S is ver B right now and if we can't get ver A it's either no unblockables or we put in CvS2 instead.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2010, 11:27:56 PM »
WTH?!  BBQ?!!?!?!?!?!  YOU SHOULD'VE SAID SOMETHING BEFORE I PLASTERED THIS ALL OVER THE INTERWEBZ!!  >:333333
"He, who knows, does not speak.  He, who speaks, does not know."

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »
yo i said that like 4 weeks ago. l2read.
thundering waterfalls