When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Nor Cal INSTALL: GGAC, MBAA & T6 Ranbats [Season 6: 6/5/10]  (Read 26421 times)

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Nor Cal INSTALL: GGAC, MBAA & T6 Ranbats [Season 5: 5/1/10]
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
I actually posted this at the SRK thread, but you guys seem to be more active here (which makes sense):

I would like to attend for MBAA! I wanted to go to the April session, but forgot about it till that same night. Since this would be my first time attending, not sure what you guys might need, it'd be great to know if the hosters have any suggestions how we could help them. Knowing how busy putting together an event may be, I'd be more than happy to chip in somehow.

side note: I'll be coming from SJ, and if people are lacking transportation, the offer is up.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »
Oh, how the time flies, I didn't even realize that the ranbat was next weekend. What would be of great help is if you're able to bring a TV and if you could bring some refreshments.

I should compile a list of setups again, I'll make it a point to do so sometime. Also you should come to one of our sessions in the South Bay sometime, here's our regional thread: http://www.meltybread.com/forums/regional-community/norpor-kjaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!/
thundering waterfalls

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »
As far as a TV I could possibly bring, it's a no-name 32" LCD and, AFAIK, I haven't noticed any frame lag (and if it does, I blame all my future losses on it ;D ). At the very least, I wouldn't mind it being used for just casuals, if you guys wanted.

Refreshments are no problem. I'm guessing water would be the number one preferred beverage? I don't mind bringing whatever, just let me know what you guys would like (no, I am not bringing Jack&Coke...)

There's a South Bay scene?! I hardly knew there was a NorCal scene to begin with... but I'll check it out!

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2010, 05:10:36 PM »
We've been around since 2007. The scenes are divided between San Francisco and San Jose. Where are you located anyways?

Water, soda, snacks, it's up to you. I like water but I think DeVry might have a fountain out in the hall... I don't remember and someone brought bottled water twice in a row so far.

32" LCD sounds hueg but yeah it sounds like there might be lag on it. If it's not too much of a hassle, you could bring it to one of our casual sessions and we can test and compare for lag.
thundering waterfalls

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »
Sorry y'all but I won't be making it down for this upcoming tourney unless someone is coming through via Sacramento. That means, there will be 1 less MBAA station and 1 less commentator (like i do a great job at it or anything :emo: )
MBAACC1.07: C-Wlen (main), H-Hisui, C/H-Sacchin
BBCSex: Carl (main), Makoto
Gundam VS ex: God Gundam

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2010, 08:10:44 PM »
We've been around since 2007. The scenes are divided between San Francisco and San Jose. Where are you located anyways?

I'm in San Jose, but I'll go far and wide for some Melty Blood. Been there since MB and ReAct, but got to MBAC late (around the time MBAA came out).

Water, soda, snacks, it's up to you. I like water but I think DeVry might have a fountain out in the hall... I don't remember and someone brought bottled water twice in a row so far.

I'll try and do what I can.

32" LCD sounds hueg but yeah it sounds like there might be lag on it. If it's not too much of a hassle, you could bring it to one of our casual sessions and we can test and compare for lag.

I can bring it to the event on the 1st, though I might need help lugging it out of the van. One person is capable of carrying it, but present circumstances physically prevent me from doing so. Help would be appreciated.

Also, if need be for casuals or whatnot, I can bring an extra ps2 that'll play imports for whatever game you guys feel like. Again, just let me know.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2010, 08:21:32 PM »
well its cool you're not required to do anything. and oh right you mentioned you were coming from SJ my brain kinda threw out that info immediately sorry for asking

i don't think you'll need to bring it on the first and we may not have any casual stations until the tournament is over anyways. i advise coming to a session before the first if you want to get the lag on your lcd checked out. getting some matchup exp before the tourny day would be a good idea too =p
thundering waterfalls

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2010, 08:32:41 PM »
well its cool you're not required to do anything. and oh right you mentioned you were coming from SJ my brain kinda threw out that info immediately sorry for asking

i don't think you'll need to bring it on the first and we may not have any casual stations until the tournament is over anyways. i advise coming to a session before the first if you want to get the lag on your lcd checked out. getting some matchup exp before the tourny day would be a good idea too =p

Where do you guys usually have casual meetups outside of tourneys? I'd love to have more matchup experience!

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2010, 09:20:09 PM »
We generally session at SJSU or someone's place. For this week we haven't talked about plans yet but post in our regional thread if you are free sometime this week or this weekend.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Last Elixir⑨

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2010, 10:38:15 PM »
Sorry y'all but I won't be making it down for this upcoming tourney unless someone is coming through via Sacramento. That means, there will be 1 less MBAA station and 1 less commentator (like i do a great job at it or anything :emo: )

that sucks, we were suppose to casual son.

j
manbeard

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2010, 10:45:09 PM »
I think you could carpool with Arvyovae (my spelling may be off)... I can't remember if lack of people to split gas costs was what restricted him from coming to ranbats but he hasn't been to one before. He mostly posts on Dustloop though.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2010, 06:35:01 AM »
May Norcal Install this Saturday.  Anyone coming, please break your $20s before arrival.  It makes all our lives easier.  This is especially important for anyone who intends to participate in the 2v2, where the entry is $3 a head.
-Tsubasa

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »
What I did was break my $50 to 50 $1 bills at the local bank.  I didn't have change problem afterwards.  :3
"He, who knows, does not speak.  He, who speaks, does not know."

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2010, 03:20:14 AM »
As much as I want to come to the next one, I will unable to make it due to lack of funds and time. It's coming close to Fanime so I have to finish up on a lot of staff stuff I have to take care of. I'll be there at the minor, especially if there's a good port (or even a board) for ST at the tournament. Also I'll try and keep you guys in touch if there's a Melty tourney at Fanime (I'm trying to convince the head of E-Gaming) for those that are going. Have fun everyone.
what the fuck is this game

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2010, 11:45:56 AM »
If anything, I know I'll be able to hit up fanimoo so there's at least 1 guarantee entry right there. Just don't pull any of that 7:00 am tourney time shit like in '08.
MBAACC1.07: C-Wlen (main), H-Hisui, C/H-Sacchin
BBCSex: Carl (main), Makoto
Gundam VS ex: God Gundam

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »
The tourney that didn't even happen cause Fanime didn't have any PCs, but they didn't cancel it until the last moment, when everyone was there? -.-
-Tsubasa

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2010, 02:25:43 AM »
Lol, GGPO. No Melty as a side tourney, but THIRD STRIKE will be in it. Good shit. Put an old shitty game over a decent new game.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2010, 05:36:44 AM »
I personally found BB:CT and competitive Mario speedruns to be worse ideas
thundering waterfalls

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2010, 09:15:43 AM »
I personally found BB:CT and competitive Mario speedruns to be worse ideas

Holy crap I didn't even notice Mario speed run there oh god. Also I didn't see BBCT, but I think Aksys will be appearing at Fanime anyways, maybe they'll have BBCS?

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2010, 08:46:18 AM »
Aksys will, more than likely, bring BBCS in a console port.  In any case, thanks for coming out guys.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2010, 12:27:51 PM »
thats probably separate from the egaming bb:ct tourny
thundering waterfalls

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
Re: Nor Cal INSTALL: GGAC, MBAA & T6 Ranbats [Season 6: 6/5/10]
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2010, 11:20:20 AM »
Updated!  Look at the first page!

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
Wooo! Tourney! Woooooooo!

More wooooooooooo!

Get hype!

Or turn into a ghost like me.

WOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2010, 03:57:43 PM »
Quote from: Tsubasa;641640
So with June NorCal Install in less than a week, I better announce that I intend to run a side tourney for Senko no Ronde DUO. I'm thinking $1 buy-in, but if not enough people want to throw down money on a game they'll probably be playing for the first time, I can make it free entry.  I should be able to get two setups up and running the game, so people can play a bit before I begin the tourney probably in the evening. GET HYPE!!

relayed from Dustloop

outside of NorPor (San Jose), who's coming?

thundering waterfalls

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »
omfg I totally forgot about this, the craziness of Fanime for me pretty much made me forget everything that's happening. I should be there.