hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Battle By The Gazebo EX OAV: Reunions. (REQUEST FOR PERMIT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED)  (Read 15872 times)

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
Zar and St1ckbug gave me what I needed. I'm going in.

For those who don't know already, I'm spending my vacation in August at NYC to chill out and visit a couple places. St1ckbug hit me up and told me he would like to make another BBG happen once I get my dates figured out (which I am still working on; it will be in August though). So there, I'm going to run my own Battle By the Gazebo with the information Zar gave me on running the permit game in the city. Of course, I want a head count to see who would come out to this dig...ya dig?

Another reason is that my dates haven't been confirmed to when I'm heading to NYC. Just know it has to be in August and I'll be here for about a week and a half. This is a one day event that will probably happen either on Friday or Saturday. If there is a day that would be good for everyone guaranteed attendance, it would help my scheduling a lot. I also don't want to conflict with any majors going on around the area unless everyone just decides to run this instead of going to whatever major is happening.

Since this is a BBG, I want to be sure everyone from the areas surrounding to show up and make this a memorable experience for me personally since I have always wanted to go to a BBG myself. I'm saying this because y'all my niggas and I finally have a chance to get up there to play whoever's left to fight. Don't make me beg pls. ;_;

Related inquiries can go here too. I do need a place to stay for a couple days if you got one. :3
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:07:28 PM by HRGS|忍 »
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
Re: Shinobi x BBG OAV: Reunions (Interest Check)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »
The only thing that will give you real problems is the power issue. Last time I tried to do this was the whole BBNL thing. So if you can get everything needed from the parks then you should be fine. Also these are best held on Saturdays mostly because of people not needed to come straight from work on a Friday.
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Avion

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 06:52:51 PM »
I'll come and I'm rei and the rest of md/va is up for going.

Offline Red Leather Jacket

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • The Sexy Bishonen Prince
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 07:32:31 PM »
 :nyoro:

I could probably go to this.
I'm a scrub but follow me anyway at:

twitter.com/OchiChernye

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 08:00:43 PM »
Of course, I want a head count to see who would come out to this dig...ya dig?
IMO don't even bother with this shit. You set your fucking date after everything has been finalized and post it up. I'm sure people won't hesitate to duck friends, family, and gf to make it out to a BBG and if they ain't making moves to get out to NYC for one...well, then they're fucking up and that's on them.

People WILL show, mang (The magic # is 8 lol). August is ample time to prepare. Make it happen, capt'n!!

Also...I have to practice for this so I can not be utter garbage come tourney time.  :gonk:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:12:28 PM by ZARbomb »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »
Of course, I want a head count to see who would come out to this dig...ya dig?
IMO don't even bother with this shit. You set your fucking date after everything has been finalized and post it up. I'm sure people won't hesitate to duck friends, family, and gf to make it out to a BBG and if they ain't making moves to get out to NYC for one...well, then they're fucking up and that's on them.

People WILL show, mang (The magic # is 8 lol). August is ample time to prepare. Make it happen, capt'n!!

Also...I have to practice for this so I can not be utter garbage come tourney time.  :gonk:

It's not like a head count as in numbers but I see where you could get that from. I was just interested as in WHO was coming instead of how many. The shit is going down regardless.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 02:55:30 AM »
In terms of date, the only thing to keep in mind is that Otakon is August 9-11 thus some people won't be available that weekend.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 05:20:17 AM »
The shit is going down regardless.
YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH  :toot:

In terms of date, the only thing to keep in mind is that Otakon is August 9-11 thus some people won't be available that weekend.
. . .

ANIMEEEERRRRRRR  :gonk:
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 09:09:22 AM »
If it's in NYC, I'd probably be down to come. Probably would ride up with Jimmy or something.
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 09:35:20 AM »
Just gimme a date and New England MB relics are in there!
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 01:51:54 PM »
If I stop being lazy and practice I might be down if I can bum a ride off of nadakai/jimmy zzz
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 06:06:08 PM »
. . .

ANIMEEEERRRRRRR  :gonk:
Get on my level.  :toot:

Otherwise, I'd be in the same boat as Tigre. Mostly because I commute across 3 states daily and I don't feel like driving it.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 07:33:07 PM »
otakon vs bbg isn't even a question

gotta get dat con pussy

8-) 8-) 8-)
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 08:53:04 AM »
otakon vs bbg isn't even a question

gotta play children's card games at the con

8-) 8-) 8-)

fix'd
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline TrueGunnerShadow

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • Ya don't know about that TK EX Bite with C-Satsuki
    • View Profile
    • TrueGunnerShadow's Twitter
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 09:44:18 PM »
All I want to know is what day and time.
I'll be there.
Hell, I'll bring my laptop with MBAACC there as well.
http://www.youtube.com/xTrueGunnerShadow
Under Night In-Birth: Linne and Yuzuriha
Melty Blood: C-Satsuki
Twitter @TruGunnerShadow (http://www.twitter.com/TruGunnerShadow)

Offline ❀Mote Of Dust❀

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 12:10:03 PM »
I would be very interested in making this trip, being new to the meltyblood scene, and fighting games in general, outside melee.

very very interested.  :prinny:

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 08:37:18 PM »
post a date asap so i can buy tickets
what the fuck is this game

Offline nightroad

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »
If this happens you can count me in. Cheers to old times

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 03:07:18 AM »
I'll come and I'm rei and the rest of md/va is up for going.
You're not me silly.

Also people don't know about the poverty that happens at BBG, but if we're having this, you guys gotta sort out that power issue. Otherwise 2 hour laptop tourneys go?

Won't be the same without drunk jiyuna. I hope there's drunk tai chi to be done.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:09:34 AM by Rei »
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 10:10:56 AM »
Also people don't know about the poverty that happens at BBG, but if we're having this, you guys gotta sort out that power issue. Otherwise 2 hour laptop tourneys go?
The plan, according to Shinobi, is that Stickbug is providing a power generator as back up. I've already contacted the park manager in charge of overlooking the power issue and he said we're good......but from my experience in life, people tend to be stupid and fuck things up so I'm going to assume that we'll have to fall back on power generator until Shinobi or myself contacts the manager AGAIN a few days before the event just to make sure you guys don't get jerked. (Even then, bringing power generator would be good idea).

Also,
The only thing that will give you real problems is the power issue. Last time I tried to do this was the whole BBNL thing. So if you can get everything needed from the parks then you should be fine.
MY BAD, FOX. Was looking through some old mails from when I was first starting up BBG and it turns out....THERE WAS NEVER AN OPTION TO REQUEST/CHECK FOR POWERRRRR lol :bricks:

What I ended up doing actually was contacting the park manager (repeatedly) and bugging the fuck out of him, explaining the situation of the event and that we needed power for several hours on that day. Each time he was cool with it.

EDIT:
Hope when Shinobi finalizes date for this that you guys spam the hell out of his BBG tweets and spread word through other anime forums. So easy to promote events these days compared to just 5 years ago.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:14:37 AM by AARP|ZTB »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 06:15:49 AM »
Will they allow a power generator at the Gazebo? Those are usually pretty loud.

Offline nightroad

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 07:56:47 AM »

If they are worried about loud generators, then they have no idea of the hype that will ensue after gathering all of us in an area and putting melty on a screen lol

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 02:05:40 PM »

If they are worried about loud generators, then they have no idea of the hype that will ensue after gathering all of us in an area and putting melty on a screen lol
They actually recommend bringing a power generator for electronic equipment and it's not an issue with them.

Also, what Nightroad said lol. The ppl at the event will be way louder than the generator. Only time loudness is an issue is when you have those big concert speakers on site. You'd have to apply for an additional sound permit if you wanted to get that serious with it.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 04:27:25 AM »
That just gives me the picture of Melty hooked up to gigantic speakers.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 09:48:07 PM »

They actually recommend bringing a power generator for electronic equipment and it's not an issue with them.

Also, what Nightroad said lol. The ppl at the event will be way louder than the generator. Only time loudness is an issue is when you have those big concert speakers on site. You'd have to apply for an additional sound permit if you wanted to get that serious with it.
Alright wasn't sure. Just wanted to make sure that our fallbacks were solid. Good to hear you guys got this shit.