When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: SOCAL [$3 Venue] Rebel Up! [謝-cho] - @ 6/09/12 Super Arcade MB/BB/SG Walnut, CA  (Read 3270 times)

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
Copy pasted from dustloop:

Quote from: Xie
Greetings BlazBlue (and Skullgirls) players, Xie's ranbat series is back! I've greatly altered the format to be more like a Japanese tournament, including prize support and how the format of the tournament works itself, but with some slight modifications to also make it more inviting to lower level players. This thread is still under construction, but I'll update with more info as I have time. If someone is interested in running another event (Guilty Gear perhaps), please contact me.

But never mind that, if you come to these tournaments, you are guaranteed to level up!

So yeah I talked with Xie about holding a Melty Blood tournament at his Rebel Up events and he agreed. Our space is a little small but we'll have plenty of room to have at least two setups at the venue.

Here is some venue information:

Address:
Super Arcade
1211 N Grand Ave
Walnut, CA 91789

Times:
Saturdays from 1 PM to 9 PM
BB starts at 2 PM
MB starts at 6 PM
SG starts at 6 PM

Fees:
$3 Venue Fee
+$1 Melty Blood Tournament Fee
+$?? (probably 5) BlazBlue Tournament Fee (6/09/12)
+$3 Skullgirls Tournament Fee

Whats not allowed:
Unfortunately because keyboards can take control of both the 1P and 2P side they will be banned. If you can get your keyboard modded though so it doesn't do that then its fine.

---

All of the MB setups will be run on laptops, at most I think we only need two. BB and SG will be run on PS3.

For the first MB rebel up tournament I was just going to see how many people are around and decide whether to do a:

1. Round Robin
2. Double Elim Tourney
3. Ranbats? (We'll need a lot of people to come out haha)

My main objective for running this tourney is for people to level up and generally have fun. I made the entry fee 1 dollar so its easy on the wallet and less of a "Oh I just lost XX dollars" sort of deal. Come out, and test your might!

Xie will be streaming this time I think :O

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:00:25 PM by ehrik »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
Ooo... Im'a use H-Hisui.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
Changed mb start time to coincide with bb singles better
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
Thanks guys for coming out! had a lot of fun.

Heres the results for the single elim tourney we had:

1. ehrik ($7)
2. Bell
3. Xie
4. Wild Wallice
5. NeoZero
5. Jason
5. Numakie

Next time hopefully more people will be around cause of not fanime :O

edit: oh yeah numakie, xie said that if you wanted to, he could dub over the replays w/ commentary as if he was there for fun :P
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 11:19:37 PM by ehrik »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
Ok I updated post for june 9th.

We'll be playing at the same venue, hopefully more people will come out this time :3

I'm keeping tournament fee the same, but if people want i can change it

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to Super arcade this saturday. If that happens could someone else run the tourney?

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
no ehrik me no go
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
hey maybe i'll come by i'll be in the area it'll be cool to play this really cool and elusive game with real people maybe i dont know
what the fuck is this game

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
I'm going now!

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
not gunna make it o well hope yall have fun
what the fuck is this game

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
Hey guys! ggs to everyone i played tonight, was fun.

heres the results, was single elim FT2

1: ehrik ($14)
2: Bellreisa
3: LPT
3: ekimaNu
5: Xie
5: NeoZero
5: Wild Wallice
5: The BITER
9: Jason
9: Acid Ace
9: P4U Player
9: Spidey
9: Shazam
9: Psyblade

http://www.twitch.tv/xiei/b/320952103 stream archive
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:51:49 PM by ehrik »

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
I'm #Esports now