When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Tokyo Game Action's Ranking Battle 2-3 (MA, 4/14/2007)  (Read 20226 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Tokyo Game Action's Ranking Battle 2-3 (MA, 4/14/2007)
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2007, 11:41:33 PM »
As much as I hate to say this word, you're lucky that you've had whatever success introducing it to Smash players in your area. I live in an area where talking of other fighting games is unheard of unless you want to be crucified. I live 15 minutes away from Ken so I'm guessing everyone here is Nazi over Smash because they want to stay on a competitive level due to our proximity to the world's Smash champion. This isn't to say that I haven't tried, because I have. Needless to say, I've had no such luck at all. :\
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2007, 11:42:36 PM »
and then maybe Melty would be official in eVo :V
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2007, 12:01:46 AM »
and then maybe Melty would be official in eVo :V

WORKING ON IT THX

East coast isn't the only scene that matters anymore!

And I will say a lot of local Smash players, while they like what they see, aren't all that interested in getting serious at Melty Blood. Wakkatana and Ch405theory are two locals who are really interested in getting good and promoting the scene, but considering how popular Smash is here in AZ (it's up there or above Third Strike), that's not too bad.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2007, 05:26:52 AM »
now that i think about it it would fucking crazy....combining some of the smash players(cuse hell it's a big scene..) for melty blood... god damn that would mean melty blood would have more than 3s Mvc2? weird?
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2007, 05:45:26 AM »
All right, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It'd be hella awesome to get the smash community to join us, and vice versa (imho).

MB should be at Evo East though that depends on whether or not I'll be going to the WC next month. Or not, someone else could take care of it of course ;p.

I'm pretty sure Veteru will be running MB at Evo Worlds though, like last year.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2007, 07:50:11 AM »
I think im going to this....for 3s HAHAHAHAHA....

psyche!

But yeah, im considering heading out for this event despite the serious threat the weather-gods pose. Chibi, hit me up via PM (on melbread) cus imma need some housing. Put in the good word, son. Arturo, keep an eye open for me too if you can ;D.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2007, 08:24:54 AM »
Check your pm's.

And yeah, the snow on Sunday might make things a bit ugly, but I think we'll be fine.

I'm on aim as well, hit me up asap.

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline king dooky

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2007, 08:27:27 AM »
Look I saw the game and thought it was fun because of the characters and the weird shit that they do. Then I saw chaos and wanted to play the game because he shoots deer at you and uses a snake but I call it the titty chomp because it looks like someone chompin on a titty. There are many fun characters to this game that I could pick up not because of tiers but because there fun in general even the ones that are top are just fun man. Unlike the other games where the scene is just top tier whores and the game ends up being predictable on who's going to win. So I have been asked by people to teach them this game from the smash community I got one guy from PA asked me to teach him how to play but I didn't have a copy of the game so if we were to expose it then yes I think this scene would be alot bigger but under the criticism that smash endures.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2007, 08:35:05 AM »
Well if they're looking for help that's what this place is for, send them here!

;D
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Blue Storm

• Apprentice
  • Aoko's Love Interest
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2007, 08:46:25 AM »
Look I saw the game and thought it was fun because of the characters and the weird shit that they do. Then I saw chaos and wanted to play the game because he shoots deer at you and uses a snake but I call it the titty chomp because it looks like someone chompin on a titty. There are many fun characters to this game that I could pick up not because of tiers but because there fun in general even the ones that are top are just fun man. Unlike the other games where the scene is just top tier whores and the game ends up being predictable on who's going to win. So I have been asked by people to teach them this game from the smash community I got one guy from PA asked me to teach him how to play but I didn't have a copy of the game so if we were to expose it then yes I think this scene would be alot bigger but under the criticism that smash endures.
this is a VERY oversimplified statement and it clearly demonstrates how little you know about other fighting games. if you think a games like virtua fighter or guilty gear xx slash are games reduced to tier whoring then you are sorely mistaken. and you do know that 90%+ of mbac's system borrows stuff from guilty gear right? of course you didn't, that statement up above is proof.

and i find it very funny that this is coming from a smash player because outside of marvel, there's probably no other fighting game where tier whoring is more evident than in smash. 98%+ of the nation's best players use characters who are in the top 5 either as main or as a secondary. and the fact that there are actually low tier tourneys is lolz.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 08:50:40 AM by Blue Storm »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2007, 08:47:23 AM »
Saiyd, if you don't hit me up, then just meet me up with David at the same place as last time, 6:00 am on Saturday.

:P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline king dooky

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2007, 09:49:17 AM »
this is a VERY oversimplified statement and it clearly demonstrates how little you know about other fighting games. if you think a games like virtua fighter or guilty gear xx slash are games reduced to tier whoring then you are sorely mistaken. and you do know that 90%+ of mbac's system borrows stuff from guilty gear right? of course you didn't, that statement up above is proof.

and i find it very funny that this is coming from a smash player because outside of marvel, there's probably no other fighting game where tier whoring is more evident than in smash. 98%+ of the nation's best players use characters who are in the top 5 either as main or as a secondary. and the fact that there are actually low tier tourneys is lolz.

Talkin about 3S and pretty much most capcom games

hdphnz

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2007, 11:38:01 AM »

Talkin about 3S and pretty much most capcom games

As an Interface 3s player, one of the things that really weirds me out when I go play casuals or ranbats at FFA is the amount of Alex/Necro/Hugo players there. Also, I'm pretty sure Ty made it to Top 8 with Alex a few ranbats ago, Sanchez made it to Top 12 with Alex last time, and Adolpho made it to Top 8. Also, I believe Combofiend made it to Top 12 using Oro last time.

Hell dude, I'm pretty sure I made it to top 16 with Alex one time. Zantua made Top 12 with Yang. Tiers are not the end all.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2007, 11:42:43 AM »
Justin won first place at FRX with Elena.

Though it was a counter match against Makoto.

:P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »
All I have to say is, back in 2004 when Sugiyama(Necro) beat Daigo Umehara(Ken) at the FFA pre-Evo tournament, that shit was hype.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2007, 07:38:30 AM »
13 people entered this tournament (I think we could have a few more, but the amplifier for the mic died and a couple of people completely missed sign-ups because they were playing other games).

1) Zar [Aoko]
2) Master Chibi [Hisui]
3) Duppy [Nyanya]
4) Tinshi [Shiki]
t5) King Dooky [Nero]
t5) Kayin [Nanaya]

We have some hand-cam footage (without scanlines but not without Chibi's massive balding head) that will be going up in the coming days. After watching the end of my match against Chibi, I started peeling the skin from my body and shocked myself into a coma for several hours. It was that sad. :(

:blah: and footage to come; I'm going back to bed.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2007, 10:19:03 AM »
Duppy is getting hype again :V
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Kayin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • A POTENTIAL CAT FUCKING
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2007, 10:31:39 AM »
lol @ me fighting zar 2nd round or so as well as getting revenge of the guy that eliminated me in gg

Good shit guys, those were some great matches I had. Us in CT (that actually play it!) will keep practicing the game and hopefully come back stronger each tourney. I'm really happy that my game actually stepped up a bit, it feels great to finally not be bottom of the barrel anymore~ :V
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 10:35:01 AM by Kayin »
<3

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2007, 01:06:55 PM »
wow i cant wait to see the vids, i really wish i could have gone X_X

Offline king dooky

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2007, 07:07:33 AM »
are they up yet

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline king dooky

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2007, 08:53:02 AM »
oh my god

XD
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline KD0089

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2007, 09:49:43 AM »
even I knew that...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:53:10 AM by KD0089 »