hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MB @ Sakura-con  (Read 3992 times)

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
MB @ Sakura-con
« on: March 23, 2008, 11:48:19 PM »
Let's get straight to business. I talked to aaronyu2 and Veteru, read threads, and some other stuff.....this is what i could scrape.

The tourney that the guy was trying to plan....he sort of went MIA before he could pick a time slot, so whether a tournament is actually going to happen, let alone when it would happen, is still up in the air and iffy. Keyboards would be allowed.

What we do know is that there will be two PCs brought to play MBAC (one of them brought by Christian, the other person aaron didn't name) casuals on. We're not sure when, though, exactly (aaron assumed they'd bring them friday and leave the setup there all three days....I don't know.)

It'd be nice if anyone who knows anything more than this (and that both of these "events" would occur in the console arcade section), especially 'when', could shed some light on this, including whoever the second person is, since I want to contact to ask to install Xbox 360 Controller drivers on the laptops.

As for me, I'll be there on Saturday. Not enough time [nor money....I'd end up spending a lot of wallscrolls and shit if i were there] for three days.

EDIT: Talking to the console coordinator on AIM.
I s blade I: Hi, you're the console coordinator for Sakura-Con, right?
milesedgeworthwr: Yes yes
I s blade I: Me and a couple others are wondering if you have any better idea than we do what's going on with the person that intended (or intends to) run the melty blood tourney
I s blade I: even if its so late that you've basically just given him a no by now
milesedgeworthwr: We have set, as far as I know, a time for it to run
I s blade I: oh, really?
milesedgeworthwr: It's not an Official tournament, but it is a tournament none the less
I s blade I: ah i see
milesedgeworthwr: I myself am supplying the prize, due to it was my falt somewhat it wasn't offical
I s blade I: I'm guessing it'd be where all the other gaming tournaments are going to be held, but when is it going to be?
milesedgeworthwr: Yea...let me whip out my schedule
milesedgeworthwr: 7 pm on Saturday is what he chose for a Tournament time.
I s blade I: oh wow okay
milesedgeworthwr: If he doesn't show up with the equptment, we're SOL
I s blade I: thanks a bunch i'll be telling the MB scene
milesedgeworthwr: Because I have no idea what they're doing with the tournament
milesedgeworthwr:
I s blade I: actually, there are a couple other people that are planning to bring MB already for casuals
I s blade I: people from the competitive guilty gear scene
milesedgeworthwr: Right right, but I have no idea about this game
milesedgeworthwr: It was supposed to be run by somebody I ment last year, but he sat on his hands till it was too late
I s blade I: so if something goes wrong you could probably use their equipment, i'm sure if it means tournament or no tournament they'll gladly lend their stuff
milesedgeworthwr: Correct, I just have no clue LOL
I s blade I: lol
milesedgeworthwr: I don't have a ruleset or anything since it's not offical
milesedgeworthwr: So I have nothing to fall back on should he not show up
I s blade I: it would probably best to post on the forum with the schedule...in addition the people planning to bring their stuff could help sort something out
I s blade I: if they see something on the forums (they've been watching for a while)
milesedgeworthwr: Go for it, and ask for anybody who is willing to step up should the worst scenario happen and the organizer show up to PM me ASAP
milesedgeworthwr: I leave tomarrow night
I s blade I: oh, i meant you make a post since you have the entire schedule lol
I s blade I: not just for MB
I s blade I: just something that would probably be a good idea
milesedgeworthwr: AH, well freaking I-Jon made the schedule and he was supposed to post it LOL
I s blade I: ic
milesedgeworthwr: I only know of the MB tournament because I interacted with Zery
milesedgeworthwr: Or whatever is name is
I s blade I: as for MB at sakuracon i've been trying to organize people at least into a group so it shouldn't be too hard for me to contact everyone
milesedgeworthwr: But yes, I shall post about MB in a moment
milesedgeworthwr: My head is everywhere at the moment, I'm so not ready for the con XD It came too fast
I s blade I: haha yeah it definitely did for a lot of people, i know some people that are suddenly rushing to fix up their costumes
milesedgeworthwr: I know I did. I just finished my Hakama tonight XD
milesedgeworthwr: But my costumes are for the most part done LOL
milesedgeworthwr: I posted it
I s blade I: thanks a ton
I s blade I: the competitive seattle MB scene has your thanks as well
milesedgeworthwr: LOL Anytime
milesedgeworthwr: I just hope Zeyl knows what he's doing XD

http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?p=503327#503327
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:16:25 PM by S-Blade »
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline Zeyl

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: MB @ Sakura-con
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 06:32:34 PM »
Wow...totally forgot about posting the info on this site...lol...

Anyways, yeah I'm trying to salvage this. No, I've never ran a tourney myself but no one else stepped up to it. Grabbed the bracket maker from the tourney section. Rules I crapped out are as follows:

* PC verB 1vs1
* Single Elimination (unless we don't have enough players)
* Best 2/3 matches, Finals are 3/5
* Random stage unless both players agree
* Neco Arc/Chaos banned
* Default damage/time
* Loser can switch characters, Winner keeps the same
* Bring your own controllers/usb adapters recommened. Cannot promise supplied PS2 controllers to be top notch.
-Let judge know ahead of time if:
- Customizing buttons (Before Match starts)

There's only 1 PC being provided by one of the gaming coordinators (My request to also make one for this was shot down) so keyboard players would have to go bye bye and player cap would be at 16. Don't know of anyone else that got the go ahead to make a machine for this but if so,that's make things run faster, we'd have more players, and maybe we could have keyboards.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 08:10:49 PM »
T.T

For a simple anime con these are the rules.
Single Elim unless you don't have that many
2/3, final 3/5
necos are allowed (Why the hell would you want to ban them, they're in the arcade version)
Default settings
loser can switch, winner can't

If you run a tourney, it's pretty much standard you provide converters.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Zeyl

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 12:14:23 AM »
-Banned necos is something I was tossing around (no one likes beam spamming and besides, how many people actually use a neco in a tourney?)
-The controller/adapter (moreso controller) thing was just a recomendation but it's because the con is providing the main pc, not me. I know it's supposed to have a convertor but I have no idea what condition it's in or how well it works.

Think I posted these rules in the tourney board a while back for feedback...

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 12:25:18 AM »
I wouldn't ban the Necos. Even if someone did use them and JUST spammed beams they'd get knocked out pretty EZ. If I was going to Sakcon I'd probably enter as NA.

Offline Zeyl

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 06:27:36 PM »
I wouldn't ban the Necos. Even if someone did use them and JUST spammed beams they'd get knocked out pretty EZ. If I was going to Sakcon I'd probably enter as NA.
You heard it here folks. Mizuki will appear at Sakcon just to play as neco arc and show us how it's done! :D

Quick Q: Would I be pushing wait times too long if I made this double elim for a 16 player cap using 1 PC?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 02:53:23 AM by Zeyl »

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 03:57:43 PM »
I would say so.

Maybe you could make it double elim after round 1 or 2 or something but you'd have to draw out the bracket yourself
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 11:54:39 AM »
You heard it here folks. Mizuki will appear at Sakcon just to play as neco arc and show us how it's done! :D

Quick Q: Would I be pushing wait times too long if I made this double elim for a 16 player cap using 1 PC?

Pay for my trip! :3

To answer the q, I'd still punish wait time, it's annoying as fuck.

Offline Zeyl

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 09:32:27 PM »
It came, it happened, it went...okay. Filled out 16 players but I know more came after we started. Had 2 laptops to run it so I thought I'd do double elimination. Next time I'll just keep it single for the sake of wait times but hey, it was a learning experience.  :-\

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 06:50:29 PM »
So...I heard Vet went to this con. Did he enter and win it? What's the results?
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »
Yes, he did.