When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: West Toast X: Sat-Sun, February 16-17th @ Family Fun Arcade - GGXX/MBAC  (Read 64478 times)

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
Re: West Toast X: Sat-Sun, February 16-17th @ Family Fun Arcade - GGXX/MBAC
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2008, 03:06:27 PM »
Winners' finals of TSS tourney was fucking intense. :psyduck: Magz, we gotta get those videos posted. :prinny:
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline Spiritsnare

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • SNAKE? SNAAAAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2008, 03:59:15 PM »
and if anyone got live video footage I'd like to request that too so I can see what I missed out on  :prinny:
la la la la la la .

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2008, 06:27:13 PM »
you guys sound pretty hype

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease get vids of this, 51 people sounds too good
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Boku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Banana <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2008, 09:15:30 PM »
This just in, WTX was a horribly waste of time for me.
Join the club. At least you got to play teams X_x

you guys sound pretty hype

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease get vids of this, 51 people sounds too good
Also: Don't expect these either. Teams or singles.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:20:34 PM by Desu May Cry »
how do i adult behavior to my younger brother?

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2008, 09:32:51 PM »
Also: Don't expect these either. Teams or singles.

Yeah I know.

XD
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2008, 11:09:44 PM »
At least we're finally getting NEC8 videos!

In better news: my avatar.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 18, 2008, 12:57:40 AM »
At least we're finally getting NEC8 videos!

In better news: my avatar.

That shit would still be in his basement
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 18, 2008, 02:59:30 AM »
Actually, now that it was singles day, I played a lot more casuals and shit and did imo a lot more better although I fuckin got last again. I'm starting to think that I should just continue to play solo Kohaku because she's the only character that's giving me progress so far, or I just gotta hit a sausage fest and play MBAC nonstop with W.Len learning that shit down. Oh yeah, Hokuto no Ken was pretty cool, it was my and Kijea, his Shin is too strong!
what the fuck is this game

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 18, 2008, 09:20:45 AM »
Just got home safely and I have work in a bit and I'm not sure if I was supposed to come in at 10 or 12 today, so I'll be brief.

Good games to everyone I played, it was nice seeing the Melty scene grow so dramatically since I last went to a WT.

Tenkai, you really stepped things up, good shit.

Sync, your tech is really good, just gotta work on grinding dat matchup experience.

magz and HF were beastly, I had never seen magz play so I was pleasantly surprised.

Good shit Alt for taking out Arly at some point

CHOCOOOOOOOOOOOOO stop dropping dat soap!

Spooky good shit for showing up and doing a respectable job. I'll see you next month

Thanks to Arlieth for running the event, and lina/psy/zaido for showing marginal interest in IaMP :toot:

EDIT: avatar
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:43:04 AM by bellreisa »
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 18, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »
had fun but disappointed in my tourny performance

usually wt is pretty lame for me so i go for the hype and exp. guess i've made some serious progress since being dat keyboard crusher at evo world. i actually had fun and did well in casuals, playing new people is always great.

psylocke: really wanted to play you more, shame you couldn't come on sunday and missed the last bit of saturday.

tenkai: in the flesh

sync: stepping it up (you need to session more with us, i think i see you once every month and a half maybe)

choco ... arizona: good to see you guys, haven't seen most of you since evo. keep bringing the hype

bell: limelight stealer! thanks for showing up, watching you play iamp live seemed to make the game that much more interesting

sp00ky: i can only hope to see you more in the future. i didn't play you 'cause i'm still weak sauce on the stick but next time around hopefully i can give you a good run

alt: way to ninja your way to a melty event

kryojenix: your mech hisui has improved a lot. i had a real hard time getting in and making opportunities for myself to get the mixups

arlieth: your nero pressure has improved even further

... ok screw it i'm gonna go home now and crash, late
thundering waterfalls

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #235 on: February 18, 2008, 07:18:33 PM »
Thanks for having me again.

Shoutouts:

Bell: You are one Tired looking supporter. Why do we still do this shit anymore?

Arlieth: Thanks for housing me again and putting up with my random ass all over the place scene ideas. One of the few people who has a winning record against me in tourneys.

Nerina: We finally got to play just as I promised. I learned a lot and I hope to show you some much better Matches the next time we play.

Linalys: Thanks for the Moneymatch and the joking around. You are one cool dude and it's always good to see you.

Renzo: Thanks for the team dude, you are pretty quick at taking advice and trying to implement even if I'm not a great coach.

Mizuki: Nice to meet you dude, thanks for the team. See you on irc blah blah.

Zaido: Sorry I didnt get to show you what I was talking about but thankflly most of it is contained in just one vid. See you on irc.

HF Blade: Keep Working that ciel, show up on irc sometimes damnit

Psyblade: Another cool dude. Sorry you couldn't stay for singles、Glad we got a match set in live for once.

Magz: Sorry we didnt get to play at all.

Hasuko: Sorry I ruined your expectations and sucked at TSS. Almost made top 4 though ! :P

Kijea: Sorry we didnt get to play each other at All. Next time I will be sure to close out top 4 stronger and ensure we have a match.

Tsubasa:Nice chatting it up with you.

Anyone else i forgot: Here's to you.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 07:21:03 PM by Sp00ky »

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 18, 2008, 08:33:07 PM »
I was too busy attempting to run the tourney to talk to most people so this'll be super short. 

Bell: Good seeing you again. Sorry I didn't play dat amp with keyboard against you, I would've been marginally better.  GJ on teams saving us repeatedly all over the place. 

Spooky: Also good seeing you again, wish I could've talked and casualed you some more but I for some stupid reason decided to help run the tourney instead.   :psyduck:  Hopefully you can come to Toasts with some regularity even if it's like every 3rd one or something.  Sorry I won that one match against you with Aoko, I think zar is going to be pissed at you for that lol. 

sataya: we're not dairy queen homies anymore or even bishibashi.  Now we're Blue Mages lol.  Keep it up and you can beat me come next tourney.   :teach:

kryo: Stop using warc and just move onto Mecha.  There's nothing your warc does better anyway.  Maybe next tourney we can team up, work on setting up that DeVry tourney somehow! 

Hasuko: Thanks for running the tourney on Sunday finally letting me off the hook for once.  Arly is useless as always. 

Mitsu:  Thanks for the casuals, it was like the only matches I got the whole weekend and I just needed to mess around. 
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #237 on: February 18, 2008, 09:26:09 PM »
Hasuko: Sorry I ruined your expectations and sucked at TSS. Almost made top 4 though ! :P

All good, dude. Thanks for playing!

Hasuko: Thanks for running the tourney on Sunday finally letting me off the hook for once.  Arly is useless as always. 

No problem, man.
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #238 on: February 18, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »
This was probably the first WT where I got to play a really good amount of casuals, so I'm happy :V  Sorry for not being able to make it to singles day though, plans changed :(

Good seeing you here again Sp00ky, it was great talking to you and that live match set we had was awesome.  You came up with a lot of ways to counter my playstyle in a short amount of time.  East coast represent!

Nice to see Team NorCal here again.  Magz, you were a really great teammate and although we didn't get to play, your Sion was all sorts of awesome in teams and I think you were the only person other than Nerina to take a match from kijea.
Keep leveling up that stick exp, Dakanya, you were doing much better this time with it than the last, but still not 100%!  Wish we played more, I always enjoy playing you.
Tsubasa, we had some good matches, your Hisui is really awesome, and I didn't catch any David Heats :V  Had no idea you played Arc too, your execution with her was really nice.
Allllttttttt, wtf you're a ninja, totally didn't expect to see you there.  We didn't get to play, but it was fun talking to you again.
Nice to see you again, Nerina, we didn't get to play MB(or GG, damn :() but you were great company as usual and it was fun watching you beast in both tournaments.
Tenkaiiiiii good shit, you really leveled up since I last played you, you were running some great strings and execution was spot on.

Good to see Team Arizona here again, we didn't really get to play that much..  maybe next time!

HF, thanks for teaming up with me in GG teams, it was really fun and we got really close to beating out the Render/MikeZ team.  Didn't get to play many MB casuals, but you did great in teams.

Good shit to Zaido for recording GG, we really needed that after like 2 west toasts with no GG vids.  Good stuff beating me in teams, you're always keeping me on my toes.

Great to see you again, Bell, we didn't get to play MB but the IaMP matches were fun and you were great company as always.  I wish I was there to witness your commentary on singles day

Hey Mitsu, keep working on that Sion/MH, your execution is great, you just need some matchup exp now.

Thanks for giving me a ride back, lina, you were really a lifesaver.  We didn't get to play each other, but it's ok, just hit me up whenever you want some casuals.

Annnnnnd finally, thanks to Arlieth and the rest of the FFA crew for running another great West Toast.  See you guys next time!  Anyone else I forgot, good shit to you guys too for making it out here and supporting the scene.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:13:32 AM by Psylocke »
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline tenkai#

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 18, 2008, 11:32:09 PM »
Oh man. First WT ever, and it was mad hype.

First off, great games to all those that I was able to play during both casuals and in the tournament.

Arlieth: Can't thank you enough for housing me at the last minute, dude. You rock.

Alt: Thanks for letting me carpool with you guys and for letting me on your team. That Warakia of yours is some good shit.

Renzo: Thanks a bunch for going out of your way to help me find a way down to WTX and for helping me out in general.

Mizuki: Nice meeting you, man. I'll be waiting for your epic comeback next WT.

Dakanya: Nice meeting you and thanks a ton for all the helpful advice as well as helping me find a team for the team tournament (though at that point I already got a team).

Psyblade: Always fun playing against your Akiha. Watching your play always reminds me I have a ton of stuff to work on.

Bellreisa: Good shit playing against your Ren. Too bad we couldn't play more. IaMP is so hard to learn, but watching you guys play at that little setup is making me think about working more towards learning it.

Devereaux: Thanks a bunch for being such an awesome sport regarding the team issue.

Kryojenix: Ten million netplay matches later, we were finally able to meet. Always fun to play against your Warc and MHisui. Keep playing, dude.

Choco: Thanks for all the casuals on Sunday. Despite getting terribly owned, watching your Satsuki in action was incredible.

Sataya: Nice meeting you for the first time. I'll definitely think about heading down to SJSU for some sessions in the future.

Everyone else I had the privilege of meeting: Sorry I can't remember who all of you are, but it's been great fun. Hopefully we'll get to meet again.

Thanks to everyone for the great WT. It was awesome. Hopefully, if I get lucky, I'll be able to come down for WTXI as well.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:53:11 PM by tenkai »

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 19, 2008, 01:31:46 AM »
I guess I'll post some shit.

Sp00ky: Nice seeing you, you're just as cool as you are on irc, I'll try and head to the EC and play some Arcana or something.
Arly: I didn't make you your curry, sorry dude, maybe next time. Also I'll beat you with SA2 Ryu.
Tenkai: NETPLAY BEAST! Rippin fools left and right, and you're a funny guy.
Zaido: YOOOOOO CVS2! You beat me shitty A-Vega Kyo Sak, but I beat you with my K team. Hopefully next time we can play more.
Alt: Random appearance outta no where. And team Teriyakia for WT11.
Linalys: Thanks for taking my job without asking! Also good S-groove matches, fucking S-Athena.
Kijea: Your Shin rocks, thanks for teaching me combos into CD and the like.
Desu7x: You got your revenge as you said you would
Soniti: I shielded EX Pillar. Happy now?
Digital Watches: I forgot your MBread account, but yo this'll come back to bite me but if I was gay I'd hit it.
Sanchez: Nice seeing you again, and good shit on randomly playing MBAC.
Sataya: No loli bow for the converter, sorry I ran out.

Everyone else I forgot good shit nice seeing you again, maybe I'll make it down to WT11 and shit.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2008, 01:36:49 AM »
kryojenix: your mech hisui has improved a lot. i had a real hard time getting in and making opportunities for myself to get the mixups
lvl'n up everytime i see ya.  seems like yesterday when ye were a wee lil' lad at evo who couldn't crank out a combo, now you make me scared to jump w/ your block strings.  i'll team w/ ya next WT if you bring some prayer beads :V
kryo: Stop using warc and just move onto Mecha.  There's nothing your warc does better anyway.  Maybe next tourney we can team up, work on setting up that DeVry tourney somehow! 
can't i just keep warc for mobility ??? i wanted in on your MMMs but choco wanted to go home and take his laptop :( oh well, next toast.  i'll probably go to see admin about setting up a tourney in the morning.  cross your fingers
Kryojenix: Ten million netplay matches later, we were finally able to meet. Always fun to play against your Warc and MHisui. Keep playing, dude.
a pleasure as always.  cranking out that top tier 2c that destroys my scrubby as jetpacks :'( sorry about forgetting who you were at Norm's even after you introduced yourself just a few hours earlier during teams...must be getting old  :slowpoke:

H-F --- MAKE DAT MONEY!!!  hehe, i call rematch next toast

Magz --- good shit as always.  bummer i didn't get to play you :(

The team that my team took out even after we were already eliminated --- SORRY...please blame Scott and Sanchez...and Arly and Lina :-\
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:38:48 AM by Kryojenix »
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2008, 10:18:41 PM »
I know these shoutouts are long overdue but everyone's been getting sick lately and sadly I'm no exception to the rule. :(

Arly and Kijea - Thanks for allowing me to team with you guys because we put on quite a show. Hopefully we can work our magic again at WTXI.

Sp00ky - It was good to see you again and finally get some offline matches. Looking forward to you joining us again in the near future.

bell - Funny, you remember my ip but not my face. :-X Didn't get to play against you at all but hopefully next time. Last time we played offline was like 6 months ago. :-\ The commentary was entertaining.

Psy - Didn't really get many casuals with you but we'll always find time to play matches against each other online with almost no lag. We did pretty well in GG teams. Too bad you weren't there for singles. :( The post-singles MMs were a lot of fun. Maybe we should get one in next time since our matches are always fun to watch.

Sync - It was nice playing casuals against you. Too bad you had to leave when the MMs began. We'll get our dual MMs next WT and it'll be great. ;)

NorCal - Glad you guys could make it. @Sataya - keep it up with the Zar training. ;)

AZ crew - Thanks for coming out here, it was good to play against you guys again after so long. @Jaxx, the commentary during the MMs was HILARIOUS. There's a possibility that you'll be doing some of the commentary at FR.

Kryo - lol I'll accept that rematch. Just hope that I don't burn all my winnings from teams by then. :-X

To everyone else, it was good to see you there.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 10:20:24 PM by Belmont »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell