hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: West Toast XIV: The REVIVAL! July 24th @ FFA (MBCC1.05, AH3, GG, BB, and more!)  (Read 10561 times)

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • DP > Whatever you're doing
    • View Profile
Finally, the alliance of anime airdasher action arrives again!

West Toast is a well known series of tournaments that primarily focuses on Melty Blood. Now it has returned and it's ready to be as crazy as ever!

At West Toast we've always had Melty Blood and Guilty Gear, but now we can introduce two newcomers to the mix: Arcana Heart 3 and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II!

WHERE:
Family Fuin Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA 9134
(818) 360-0419
WHEN:Sunday, July 24th.
GAMES:
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code v1.05
Arcana Heart 3
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core

Details:
Arcana Heart 3:
Time: 2:00PM
Entry Fee: $7.00 ($5.00 pot, $2.00 house)
Rules:
- Will be held on PS3 console. JP version, most likely. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN STICKS!
- Double Elimination, 2/3 matches, 3/5 Finals
- Winner must keep character (but may change arcana). Loser may counter-pick. Double-blind character selection available on request.
- No restriction on infinite combos or characters. Glitches are allowed if they do not crash (soft-crash or hard-crash) the game.
- Controller Failure: If you suspect your controller of malfunctioning, immediately raise your hands to halt the match. You may not retroactively call control failure after a round or match has finished. This will be penalized as a Forfeiture if abused to gain an advantage in a match.
- DQ/Forfeiture: If you cause interference during a match (due to pausing or physical distraction), you are subject to forfeiture of the round (Exception: We might overlook this if done in the middle of a static Super animation). If it is deemed intentional, you may be subject to a two-round forfeiture or outright disqualification.
- Cover-My-Ass-Clause: In case of a dispute that is covered by this ruleset, final decision will be made by a judge. In the case of an event not covered by this ruleset, all decisions made by judges are final.

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core:
Time: 2:00PM
Entry Fee: $5.00 (+.25 pay to play)
Rules:
- Will be held on Arcade cabinet. It has a PS2 port if you wish to use your controller (mapped to Square=Punch, X=Kick, Triangle=Slash, O=HSlash, R1 = Dust. If you want to plug your own stick into the ports, you must wire your stick accordingly).
- Winner must keep character. Loser may counter-pick. Double-blind character selection available on request.
- No restriction on infinite combos or characters. Glitches are allowed if they do not crash (soft-crash or hard-crash) the game.
- Controller Failure: Controller Failure: If you suspect your arcade controls of malfunctioning, immediately raise your hands to halt the match. You may not retroactively call control failure after a round or match has finished. This will be penalized as a Forfeiture if abused to gain an advantage in a match.
- DQ/Forfeiture: If you cause interference during a match (due to physical distraction), you are subject to forfeiture of the round. If it is deemed intentional, you may be subject to a two-round forfeiture or outright disqualification.
- Cover-My-Ass-Clause: In case of a dispute that is covered by this ruleset, final decision will be made by a judge. In the case of an event not covered by this ruleset, all decisions made by judges are final.

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code v1.05:
Time: 5:00PM
Entry Fee: $5.00 (+.25 pay to play)
Rules:
- Will be held on Arcade cabinet.
- Winner must keep character (but may switch Moon-style). Loser may counter-pick. Double-blind character selection available on request.
- We will be using v1.05. If a new version comes out without sufficient time to practice it, we will not use that version. (For now, we will be using v1.05 unless noted otherwise)
- Controller Failure: Controller Failure: If you suspect your arcade controls of malfunctioning, immediately raise your hands to halt the match. You may not retroactively call control failure after a round or match has finished. This will be penalized as a Forfeiture if abused to gain an advantage in a match.
- DQ/Forfeiture: If you cause interference during a match (due to physical distraction), you are subject to forfeiture of the round. If it is deemed intentional, you may be subject to a two-round forfeiture or outright disqualification.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II:
Time: 5:00PM
Entry Fee: $7.00 ($5.00 pot, $2.00 house)
Rules:
- Will be held on PS3 console. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN STICKS!
- Winner must keep character. Loser may counter-pick. Double-blind character selection available on request.
- Controller Failure: If you suspect your controller of malfunctioning, immediately raise your hands to halt the match. You may not retroactively call control failure after a round or match has finished. This will be penalized as a Forfeiture if abused to gain an advantage in a match.
- DQ/Forfeiture: If you cause interference during a match (due to pausing or physical distraction), you are subject to forfeiture of the round (Exception: We might overlook this if done in the middle of a static Super animation). If it is deemed intentional, you may be subject to a two-round forfeiture or outright disqualification.

If a new version of Melty Blood comes out before the tournament, we will use it as long as it's not too soon before the tournament (i.e. tournament is on Sunday and we get the new version on Thursday, we will use the older version).

Hope to see you guys there!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:26:25 AM by Id_asz »
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;
(818) 360-0419 BB:Carl; MB:Ciel; AH:Akane; GG:Baiken

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
We might add Hokutio no Ken and Vampire Savior. If so, it will be a big day.
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
would hnk be on arcade board
what the fuck is this game

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
would hnk be on arcade board

Yes, we have the arcade board for HnK, and if we use it for the tourney, it will be on arcade. Same with VS.
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;

Offline Wonder_Chef

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Can turn into a mobius band.
    • View Profile
    • After Dark Gaming Youtube Channel
I'll be there for sure.

That means I have a month to learn, better start grinding!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
I wanna play CC, the real one.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
I know H-F loves taking SoCal's money in AH3 and I know I (and a lot of AZ) hunger for some MBCC. I also like it as a tune-up for Evo for anyone here that's entering BBCS2.

I just have to figure out how to make it work with everyone's schedules.

By the way, ECT is JUNE 25th (today). This event is not conflicting with anything (other than being a week before Evo).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 07:42:45 AM by Shion Sonozaki »
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
West Toast revival? Nice.
I should be able to make this.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
Even -I- am hype to go to this. I'm looking to see if I can get more local folk to go. It may just be Ryd and I, not sure about anyone else yet. I will bring the King FULL MOON HISUI to the battle.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
Even -I- am hype to go to this. I'm looking to see if I can get more local folk to go. It may just be Ryd and I, not sure about anyone else yet. I will bring the King FULL MOON HISUI to the battle.

:emo:

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
thundering waterfalls

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
Cool hope I can go
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile

Yo Dippy, Ryd doesn't want to drive. Do any of us have a car that is trustworthy enough to go to California?

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Cool hope I can go

You on the WC right now?
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile

Yo Dippy, Ryd doesn't want to drive. Do any of us have a car that is trustworthy enough to go to California?

I'm pretty sure my car should be good for the trip. The ride is kind of shit but the only pressing issue it had (worn/damaged tires) has since been addressed.

I guess my other question is when people wanted to head out there. The issue I have is that I work until 3 PM on Saturdays; I have no problem driving to CA after work and then playing there in the evening, staying the night somewhere and leaving Sunday after the tournament but I don't know if anyone else would.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure my car should be good for the trip. The ride is kind of shit but the only pressing issue it had (worn/damaged tires) has since been addressed.

I guess my other question is when people wanted to head out there. The issue I have is that I work until 3 PM on Saturdays; I have no problem driving to CA after work and then playing there in the evening, staying the night somewhere and leaving Sunday after the tournament but I don't know if anyone else would.

I can assist with driving. Are we thinking hotel, bell's place (after asking), or trying to bum a night off of someone in the community (maybe with booze as the catch, I don't know)? If I get the position I just interviewed for, I'll still have weekends off with work on Monday @ 3 PM. Your plan would work with my schedule.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
i'm ok with people staying over but don't expect me to be playing anything but ah3 for now. my interest in melty is -20% until they fix up cc2 and release it
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
this should be WTXIV not WTXIII... i already went to WTXIII

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/west-toast-xiii-samhain-slaughter-1031-112/

GAK! Thanks, I'll fix that.

i'm ok with people staying over but don't expect me to be playing anything but ah3 for now. my interest in melty is -20% until they fix up cc2 and release it

Well, for anyone not actually entering Melty Blood, at least you'll all get a chance to try out the lastest!

I'm really looking forward to all the hype everyone is getting for this.

Because this is the first one in awhile, I didn't want to do a 2-day event.
Next time, I might have it on Saturday as well, with the first day being teams and specials (i.e. KoF-style Guilty Gear in AC+ console).

EDIT: I posted up threads on homingcancel.com and dustloop.com; please check those out! I'll update some stuff in a bit when I have more time. Also, sorry about the lack of posting, I've been really busy lately.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:31:41 AM by Id_asz »
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
What da fuck?!?! A west toast??!?!?!  Shit now if we could only get fuckin Spooky down here
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline hdphnz

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
I'll probably drop by to say hi and shiz.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
... I think I will actually be showing up to this. >_>

Also, this should really be a Sticky on the Front Page of the website as well.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:34:57 AM by Arlieth Tralare »
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Hopefully y'all can record or stream so people can catch this.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
... I think I will actually be showing up to this. >_>

Also, this should really be a Sticky on the Front Page of the website as well.

Done deal boss~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Damn, I want to go to this but I'm basically working straight up to my requested Evo time off.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.