When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The Beatdown in Waretown (8/7/10 Barnegat, NJ SSF4, BBCS. MBAA, GGAC, and MORE!)  (Read 5293 times)

Offline RIL

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Copied from SRK/Dustloop. I'm not the one running this as I'm unable to attend =(.

Events in Jersey always seem to happen either in the very South or very North, about time Central Jersey got a Tourney of it's own.

When? August 7th, Sign ups start at 11am, tournament goes from noon-9 pm

Where? Ocean Township Community Center
239 11th Street Barnegat, NJ 08005

What's being played?
Venue Fee is $10, entry into each Tourney is also $10 (except for guilty gear and wheel of bad games, those will be 5$ now) with the pot divided 70/20/10.

With small exception, all of the Tournaments will be run as follows:
Double Elimination
2/3 rounds
2/3 matches
99 seconds
Winner keeps character
Winners/Losers/Grand finals are 3/5 matches

Super Street Fighter 4
Winner keeps character but may change ultra

Blazblue Continuum Shift
All Unlimited characters are banned

Guilty Gear Accent Core
If played on Accent core plus, Justice and Kliff are banned
otherwise, all ex, black, gold, gg, and ggx characters are banned

Melty Blood Actress Again
Archetype: Earth is Banned
Winner must keep character but can change moon-phase.

The Wheel of Bad Games
The Game played in each set is determined by a randomizer, rules for each game will be available at venue or upon request, but in general the games will be run in 2/3 rounds, 99 seconds.
After the match the game is removed from the wheel.
Every player starts with one objection, after a game is picked on the randomizer, if a player chooses they may object to it, the game is removed from the wheel and a new game is randomly selected.
When sent to the losers bracket, a player is given a second Objection
for the Winner's, Losers, and Grand Finals, a new game is picked every MATCH, and is set to 3/5 matches.
A list of games will be available as soon as possible, and any requests for the wheel will be added if possible.

EDIT: Updated above post, guilty gear and wheel are now 5$
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:15:40 PM by RIL »
GG: Millia
BBCS:Litchi, Ragna
MBAA:H-Vakiha, F-maids, C-Kohaku

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
YO WORD?!

10 MINUTES AWAY FROM MY HOME TOWN!?

I AM THERE SO FUCKING FAST  :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

HYPEHYPE

HYPEHYPE

HYPEHYPE

HYPEHYPE

PREREG ME SIGN ME UP WHO THE FUCK DO I GIVE THE MONEY TO HOMETOWN ADVANTAGE LETS FUCKING GO

I'LL SHOW ALL YOU NIGGAS SOME GOOD PLACES TO CHECK OUT/GO IF YOU COME DOWN TO THIS  :toot: :toot: :toot:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:54:53 AM by こはく愛 »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Sinistar71

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
This is Sinistar71 (Lolifaust on Dustloop) and the guy in charge of this operation.  Just poppin in to make a simple request

If anyone is willing to bring any TVs, consoles, or games, you have my thanks.

Also, a small sample of some of the games you might have to play if you enter the Wheel of Bad Games!

Akatsuki Blitzkampf - The fabled Jewpuncher! one of the best, "old school" style fighters ever made. Parries, zoning, and footies are key in a game with a giant skull headed tank as a playable character...

Arm Joe - Les Misarabe the fighting game...yep

Battle K-Road - a unique "realistic" 2d fighter with NO oki. That's right, any knockdowns automatically place both players back in their starting positions. Cast includes a terminator ripoff and 2 sumo wrestlers.

Bloodstorm - Legless Victory!

Chaos Breaker - Technically called Dark Awake, the arcade only fantasy KOF finally comes to consoles...will the 6 year wait be worth it?

Dong Dong Never Die - Chinese digitized sprite game with a chain smoking transformers fan guile-clone...need I say more? Ok...Mario's in it...yes THAT Mario.

Dragon Master - Long before arakune, this game gave us characters with lows they can do in the air. Made famous by whodat's "Team Best From Now" Reviews on youtube

Fatal Fury 3 - you thought Isuka's 2 planes was bad? Try 3! At least there's no turn around button...

Fate Unlimited Codes -JUST in case Marlin shows up...

Galaxy Fight - The only 2d Fighter I know of with no walls, let one hit endless runaway reign supreme!

Gleam of Force - Unique looking AND playing loli-boxing game where dodging and weaving replace jumping and pissed off softball pitchers fight nazi cheerleaders.

Golden Axe: The Duel - Ever wanted to beat up Tyris Flare with one of Death Adder's nameless Grunts? Now's your chance!

Guilty Gear XX AC+ (ex characters only) - You are about to enter another dimension. A dimension of reinvented guilty gear characters and bridget having a command grab super. Where Ky plays like Sol and vice versa, and for fun I'm throwing Justice and Kliff into the mix! You are about to enter...the EX ZONE!

Hokuto no Ken: YOU-A SHOCK! Let's see some Fatal KOs out there!

Hyper Street Fighter Alpha - special game only available in the street fighter alpha anthology, you can play as every version of every alpha character...ever wanted to see how alpha 2 zangief fares against alpha 2 gold zangief? Rainbow Mika vs. alpha 1 birdie? Anyone?

Jackie Chan in Fists of Fire - A REALLY fun Digitized fighter with three versions of Jackie chan, a man wearing a Chinese Lion costume, and a man that turns into a buzzsaw...expect pounces, dash cancels, 30 second rounds, and DOUBLE DUTCH! Just don't jump...

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure (Petshop only) - Battle as the most broken character in all fighting games (don't worry the normal game is also on the wheel)

King of Fighters '98 - not THAT kof98 (though both that and UM will be there too) this is a pirated genesis game featuring classic snk characters such as Evil Terry, Cammy, and Evil Cammy!

Primal Rage - As far as I know STILL the only fighting game with "hold 2 buttons then use stick motions" to perform special moves, a "anti cheese" feature, and King Kong playing Sub-Zero.

SHAQ-FU - Even amongst bad games this title stands alone...Unleash the BEAST!

Sonic The Fighters - It has a duck that likes to blow people up, can't be all bad.

Top Fighter 2000 mk viii - The dream match we have all been waiting for...ALI VS. JORDON! Another Chinese Pirated game...also featuring Goku, Cyclops, and Geese Howard!

Twinklestar Sprites - I never said every game on the wheel was a fighter...better practice on your shump skills

Virtua Fighter II - ...it's the genesis version

This is just a taste of things to come...expect altered versions of games you play, unknowns worth actually playing, the best(and worst) of the worst, and games bootleg or otherwise you never knew existed!

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
probably gonna go
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account

Akatsuki Blitzkampf - The fabled Jewpuncher! one of the best, "old school" style fighters ever made. Parries, zoning, and footies are key in a game with a giant skull headed tank as a playable character...

Fate Unlimited Codes -JUST in case Marlin shows up...

Hokuto no Ken: YOU-A SHOCK! Let's see some Fatal KOs out there!

Not bad games
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
probably gonna go

Haha, Pot monstering, eh, LK?  Bring Jimmy with yah bro.

Also, I can probably bring one melty setup.  I don't have one I can bring but I'm draggin' a friend out to this and it probably won't be an issue bringing his.  If one other person does and we can have two setups should be fine for small tourney.

Sini, what time does melty/BB start?  I don't think it'll take 9 hours to run the whole thing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:17:08 PM by こはく愛 »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
will this be streamed?
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Z

If I could stream it, I would =c

I'm gonna try to attend, then zombie it up at work later. Ugh ..

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
This saturday, stayhype

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
"Central NJ" made me get hype but when i ran it into googlemaps, it turned out to be South NJ, making what should be in my reigion, central jersey, into south. :<

No hype. :|
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Pick me up Komi~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
Pick me up Komi~

Oh shit really?  Hmm...how could I make that work...Contact me tomorrow so we can work that out.  

"Central NJ" made me get hype but when i ran it into googlemaps, it turned out to be South NJ, making what should be in my reigion, central jersey, into south. :<

No hype. :|

There are 3 regions of New Jersey.  South Jersey, North Jersey, and Northwest New Jersey.  South Jersey is the better of the three, never believe otherwise.  

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 07:08:04 PM by Commodore »

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
I didn't notice this before now.  Still room in car?

Offline Sinistar71

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
downloading Dark Awake (chaos breaker) as we speak, so we finally get a chance to try kof with skeletons and trolls for ourselves.  also, I would like to announce that food for the tourney will be provided by local jack of all trades SAGE!  In honor of bbcs' american release he is making meatbuns (pork and beef) peach and other fruit and cream filled buns for desert, as well as his 5 cheese mac n cheese.

only a few days until the Beatdown...get HYPE!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
I didn't notice this before now.  Still room in car?

Probably.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
I'm going to be at this, apparently?  :slowpoke:

lolololol
<justzar> great anime <3