hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Under Night In-Birth  (Read 305121 times)

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: So apparently that game French Bread were making...
« Reply #600 on: February 24, 2012, 02:31:22 AM »
Yuzuriha and Seth Twitter avas this time. I'm taking it that it's a bad thing that I consider this as a returning to normal after the actual match footage.

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 25, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »
They're from last week, but I don't recall seeing them posted anywhere:
Orie vs Hyde
Linne vs Waldstein
Hyde vs Linne

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 25, 2012, 06:20:30 PM »
It seems that only Linne can double jump. Other characters compensate by jumping higher and staying in the air longer than her. Even Waldstein O.O This is false.

Hyde can detonate his hadoukens. If it hits the opponent first, detonating it gives more hits.

And apparently Waldstein's running c-grab can OTG AND grab airborne opponents. Holy. Crap. At least they have to be quite low to the ground...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:13:06 AM by BurstOfAnger »
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 25, 2012, 06:28:38 PM »
It also automatically corners from anywhere on the screen. On the plus side, it looks pretty terrible on whiff; he continues until he hits the edge of the screen regardless.

He also has Gadget Finger Headbutt oki. Considering that this game seems to have hard knockdowns, I wonder if it gives him even better frame advantage then.

Doesn't seem like you can jump cancel air attacks. They really don't want air combos in this game.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 25, 2012, 08:34:55 PM »
Headbutt oki? You mean the move where he picks up the opponent from the floor? That move didn't seem to give so many +frames. Also, the game has another character state other than knockdown. Some moves that slam the opponent down cause them to "trip" and make them land on their butts. Then, they stand up automatically a little after. It's more like an extended hitstun to me, personally. Waldstein's heabutt grab caused that "tripping" state too and Linne got up at the same time when Waldstein recovered from it. So I'm thinking that maybe the headbutt is cancellable into other normals or specials, like a command throw.

I don't think this game has many hard knockdowns. There have been cases where players teched out of moves that seemed to cause hard knockdown (Orie's throw for example. It's been teched out before) so I think the players just mistimed their techs. I'm still not sure if the ground-shattering animation really is an indication of a hard knockdown. Maybe for a hard groundbounce, because characters can tech when they're on the floor after the ground-shattering groundbounce.

Seeing that other characters can't double jump in the first place, they can't jump cancel their air attacks I guess. Not too sure about Linne though, but I don't think she can either. In fact, when she jump-cancel's a ground attack, she jumps higher than her jump in neutral, about as high as the rest of the cast, which is roughly as high as the health bar. This is false too.

Also, not sure if it's been properly said, but Veil-Off can be done in the air and your GRD increases more quickly.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:12:54 AM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 26, 2012, 12:52:43 AM »
It seems that only Linne can double jump. Other characters compensate by jumping higher and staying in the air longer than her. Even Waldstein O.O
Where does Linne double jump?  I've seen Orie wall jump, but don't remember seeing any double jumps besides the universal meter dash/jump.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 26, 2012, 03:08:50 AM »
Orie can wall jump? I certainly missed that one...

Linne's done it a few times in various videos. Like for example here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqU0-Wzhfsw&list=UU7bMo_tOP47uUmHinKXsteg&index=1&feature=plcp

At 0:23, at 1:54  (there's more dust than normal when she jumps, it could be an instant double jump),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R810C47YUaM&list=UU7bMo_tOP47uUmHinKXsteg&index=2&feature=plcp

at 0:19, 0:43 and at 2:25 (she does it right after a tech, I'm sure of it). And I'm sure it's not the angled air-dash Assault because those have sound effects, while these jumps are silent. Now that I think about it, there's a possibility the rest of the cast is capable of it and I just didn't see them do it. Too lazy to load and sift through all the videos though.

And I'm wrong about her jump being shorter than the rest of the cast. It was the camera zooming in and out that tricked my eyes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:11:02 AM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 26, 2012, 11:23:18 AM »
Headbutt oki? You mean the move where he picks up the opponent from the floor? That move didn't seem to give so many +frames. Also, the game has another character state other than knockdown. Some moves that slam the opponent down cause them to "trip" and make them land on their butts. Then, they stand up automatically a little after. It's more like an extended hitstun to me, personally. Waldstein's heabutt grab caused that "tripping" state too and Linne got up at the same time when Waldstein recovered from it. So I'm thinking that maybe the headbutt is cancellable into other normals or specials, like a command throw.
Sahgren had it spot on with the Tager Gadget Finger reference.  It's a move that pulls into a standing position with neutral frame advantage.  It's useful for grapplers because it forces them into a mixup situation.  If your opponent tries to mash, your SPD throw will probably beat it for free; if they try to jump, you have an anti-air grab you can catch them with; if they try to backdash, you can punish with something longer range.  For Wald, I think he can probably even catch backdashers with his SPD, just because of the absurd range of it.  (Btw, anyone notice that Wald can use his SPD in the air?)

And thanks for the video reference for Linne's double jump.  Looking back she does it pretty frequently, I guess I just never really took notice of it. 

So, I noticed something important to note about roman cancels.  Link for reference.  So earlier I had misinterpreted that when you roman cancel, your meter used goes into your GRD.  Turns out I had it backwards.  You burn one GRD node to activate the roman cancel, then all of your remaining GRD drains into your meter.  Judging from what Linne gains in meter (minus the meter gains from her projectile), it seems that each GRD node drained this way will give approx 15 meter.  Important mechanic to abuse for meter heavy characters.

This closer examination of meter gain also made me notice that you gain meter from whiffing anything, including normals.  I'm not really happy about that.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »
i hope wald isn't another shitty char like tager with that RPS
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 26, 2012, 05:55:41 PM »
Thanks for the explanation on the BB reference. I don't play that game enough...

Could it be possible that Waldstein's SPD only works when the opponent is an exact distance away? About right where his hands clap? I don't think I've seen him execute it point-blank. It would be good news if it's true, though unlikely...

So, I noticed something important to note about roman cancels.  Link for reference.  So earlier I had misinterpreted that when you roman cancel, your meter used goes into your GRD.  Turns out I had it backwards.  You burn one GRD node to activate the roman cancel, then all of your remaining GRD drains into your meter.  Judging from what Linne gains in meter (minus the meter gains from her projectile), it seems that each GRD node drained this way will give approx 15 meter.  Important mechanic to abuse for meter heavy characters.
At least GRD gain is quite easy; a successful Shield instantly gives you 3 units and teching gives you about half a unit or less. I'm not too sure about it, but I think Veil-Off boosts your GRD regen rate (it happens in that link as well), so it could be possible to do an endless cycle of gaining meter through Chain Shot (roman), then using that meter for VO to get that GRD back, adding to the fact that VO gives you almost infinite meter for its duration.

This closer examination of meter gain also made me notice that you gain meter from whiffing anything, including normals.  I'm not really happy about that.
I noticed this a long time ago and put it in my long list of observations. Guess it was tl;dr ;_;

I'm not too sure about normals, but specials give about 5 meter each whiff. Though, I have seen sudden increments of 2 meter when they whiff moves, so that could be from normals.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:02:58 PM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 26, 2012, 09:49:30 PM »
i hope wald isn't another shitty char like tager with that RPS

Wald is actually looking really good, imo.
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 27, 2012, 01:36:35 AM »
Someone's impressions of the AOU build. Not a lot we don't know already, but they seem to say that defense seems strong in the game thanks to how powerful Shielding is. On the other hand, they also mention that they didn't have enough time to fully explore whether offense in general is strong enough to balance that or not.

Me, I like offense oriented games, so I wouldn't mind if they toned down Shielding if it really is strong like the guy says.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 27, 2012, 03:37:00 AM »
In my opinion, Shielding is also an offensive strategy since it gives GRD. To really utilize it, you keep Shielding to collect GRD and get that 20% damage bonus GRD Vorpal gives. So you have to change from defense to offense after Shielding. But then, maybe giving 3 GRD units in an instant per Shield is too much because I've seen matches where two successful Shields already bring your GRD gauge to encroach in the opponent's.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 27, 2012, 10:44:09 PM »
I noticed this a long time ago and put it in my long list of observations. Guess it was tl;dr ;_;

I'm not too sure about normals, but specials give about 5 meter each whiff. Though, I have seen sudden increments of 2 meter when they whiff moves, so that could be from normals.
I wasn't trying to belittle your discovery, just adding to it.  Last I remembered, you mentioned that whiffed specials gain meter.  If it were just specials that gave meter in this way, it would have been okay.  That's pretty common and not very easily abusable.  Whiffing normals for meter leads to some dumb behaviors popping up for milking meter gain at every opportunity.  It's not even like meter gain in this game is slow either, with so many ways to build it up.

Someone's impressions of the AOU build. Not a lot we don't know already, but they seem to say that defense seems strong in the game thanks to how powerful Shielding is. On the other hand, they also mention that they didn't have enough time to fully explore whether offense in general is strong enough to balance that or not.

Me, I like offense oriented games, so I wouldn't mind if they toned down Shielding if it really is strong like the guy says.
There's a lot of offensive oriented mechanics available to the players, but yeah, if defense is that strong it leads to boring and stagnant gameplay.  Here's hoping that they tone down shields a little, even just lower/remove the GRD gain would make it more risk vs less reward.  It's punishable, right?
---

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 27, 2012, 11:31:46 PM »
There's a lot of offensive oriented mechanics available to the players, but yeah, if defense is that strong it leads to boring and stagnant gameplay.  Here's hoping that they tone down shields a little, even just lower/remove the GRD gain would make it more risk vs less reward.  It's punishable, right?

If it is, they aren't doing it. It does however look like unsuccessful shield attempts will freeze your GRD gauge and holding it costs meter (not a lot, but some). I guess we really will have to wait and see how everything pans out as people figure out the game more.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 28, 2012, 03:13:00 AM »
Punishing Shields is basically the same as guard breaking. If you try to low Shield a high attack, that's where you get punished. I don't think Shielding has any recovery, so it's like Barrier in BB; a stronger type of blocking rather than a parry.

I didn't notice that it removed meter when you get GRD frozen. What I'm guessing is that the penalty to Shielding is that if you fail, you get GRD frozen and that causes you to be ineligible for GRD Vorpal, regardless of how much GRD you have. If this isn't the case, then FB better rebalance Shielding; at least reduce the GRD bonus.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 29, 2012, 01:29:01 PM »
Me, I like offensive oriented games, so I wouldn't mind if they toned down Shielding if it really is strong like the guy says.

Given the pace of UNIB currently, I don't mind a strong defence with a fast pace game behind it. It's something that has bugged me with BB for a while is that the defensive options seemed slim or weak compared to GG. Having it the other way around would be a nice changed... but we will see, since now comes the fine tuning of the game before release.
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »
Now there's an offical video page along with Seth and Yuzuriha screenshots. The loketest last week reportedly went well, but we don't have any videos to go along with it.  :gonk:

Heh, looks like when Waldstein gets the momentum, he keeps the momentum. There're resets into the anti-air c-grab and abusing the timestop from Chain Shift to use it as a straight AA in neutral.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:40:01 PM by Sahgren »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 02, 2012, 02:36:03 AM »
Looks like there's a lot of tech punishing in this game.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 02, 2012, 05:53:26 AM »
Hohoho... Well then, time to put my observation cap on again.

Seth and Yuzuriha screenshots seem... disappointing. We already know that they use blades, but the screenshots just show them doing slashy slashy things, which we already know they can do. Was kind of hoping for something unexpected. Also, the newest screenshots show the tech-timer, while the other characters' screenshots don't. That's inconsistency on French Bread's part.

And what is this?? Vatista has TWINTAILS??? (see Yuzuriha's last screenshot)

Now to the videos:

Waldstein vs Carmine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=986QLcjEv3I&feature=g-u&context=G20b192cFUAAAAAAABAA

0:17 - Seems like you can shield while under blockstun, like a bunker. Hope that that's really easily punishable. If it's easy to do without penalty, I'll never be blocking and Shield all day long.
0:43 - Gadget Finger hits air. Heck, ALL OF WALDSTEIN'S GRABS HIT AIR.
1:13 - I see an Auto Recover. Wonder what it is? Carmine even techs again when he touches the floor after the Auto Recover.
1:47 - Seeing how Waldstein moved left and right before doing his bodyslam crusher super throw, I have reason to believe that the input for that is a 360.
Overall video -  Holy shit, Waldstein has really crazy ways of comboing. Almost all his grabs can be followed-up, as if they were just normal moves. But thank the heavens, his damage output really is low, barely breaching 2.8k per combo. Seems like French Bread wanted to make a grappler who had lots of options and opportunities to fish hits, but balanced it out by giving him a low damage output.

Linne vs Waldstein
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSnEAHqZeJA&feature=related

0:20 - Linne can dash cancel her air slash projectile move. Not sure if she can dash cancel other moves. Doesn't seem to cost anything, not even meter.
0:27 - Here we go! Linne actually can double jump cancel her air moves, ala Melty.
0:28 - Waldstein Auto Recovers. And he does it again.
0:38 - Here, we have a really cool rejump reland combo. Probably is character specific, given Waldstein's massive size. But seeing that the rest of the cast are quite large too, maybe this could be a BnB...
0:52 - Linne throws Waldstein just after his jump. It removes 2 GRD units from Waldstein.
0:59 - Not sure if she dash cancels her super, or she recovers quickly to dash forward. And maybe getting your GRD to encroach into the opponent's side isn't so free after all because Linne fiercely combo'd Waldstein, but her GRD remained at 6 units.
1:27 - Again, a rejump reland combo. Could be a BnB.
1:58~ - Waldstein's GRD meter starts increasing dramatically and encroaches into Linne's side while blocking for no apparent reason.
2:01 - Dash cancelling mid-blockstring into throw. Is throw protection in blockstun not in this game?
2:10 - That was definitely a charged stab. Overhead?

Hyde vs Linne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWefBpAd16I&feature=related

Didn't hear this music before.
0:18 - Hyde's knee knocked Linne over and she landed on her butt. Follow-ups put her in a crouching state. Also, I'm wondering if it's the bonus from being the main character, because his simple combo got 3.4k after reduction, while Waldstein's seemingly bone-crushing grapples can't even break 3k.
0:28 - Again, 3.2k after an anti-air air counterhit. This time with Vorpal, so he's getting a 20% damage bonus.
1:01 - 4.6k with Vorpal and an uppercut super.
1:14~1:20 - Hyde does a Chain Shift in neutral for no apparent reason. Then, he gets hit. This causes the Chain Shift to end, immediately stopping his meter from increasing and his GRD immediately hits zero. After that, his GRD increases really rapidly. Then, while he's blocking, he suddenly flashes a little as he exits blockstun, and he loses about more than 1 unit of GRD. Is this a defensive penalty that we've missed out all this time?
1:26 - Combo into Infinite Worth for 5.5k. However, it seems that Veil Off gives a damage bonus as well, making it not completely useless. In fact, it's about a 44% damage boost. BUT, that percentage seems to lower after time, as the last hit of his crimson tornado seems to get only a 30% damage bonus.

Overall from all videos:
-Can't seem to understand the criteria to cause an Auto Recover. Seems to happen only in the air. Maybe if you spent enough time in the air without getting hit, you'll Auto Recover. When you Auto Recover, instead of being in the state of getting hit in the air, you enter your regular falling state. Maybe you fall faster, I can't really tell. Also, you can tech when you touch the ground, so maybe that's to give you full control of which direction to go towards once you land after an Auto Recover.
-The players seem to be randomly Chain Shifting in neutral, even when they already have full meter. Not sure if this gives any benefits. If any, it's giving a disadvantage to the player. Chain Shifting causes your GRD to be locked and constantly drained no matter what. More explained below:
-Apparently, when your GRD gauge gets frozen, you immediately exit Vorpal. Meaning, when you get punished for a bad Shield or you do a Chain Shift, if you are currently in Vorpal, you will lose it. While your GRD is frozen, you are ineligible for Vorpal, so it automatically goes to your opponent, given that he/she's not under the same penalty.
-I suddenly realized it... 6D is for Assault, 4D and 1D are for Shield and DD is for Chain Shift... So what does 5D do?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:25:22 AM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 02, 2012, 11:24:06 AM »
5D is Concentration, ala GRD Charge.

If I have any complaints about UNIB so far, it's that it doesn't seem to want to make sense at times.

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 02, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
i think the person that uploaded those videos to his or her youtube channel haven't thinked of doing any harm, but isn't better to suport the oficial youtube channel of unib?
http://www.youtube.com/user/UNIBmovie?feature=watch
obs: the makers of the game have uploaded those videos at 60 fps at nico douga
http://inbirth.info/movie.html
Seeing how Waldstein moved left and right before doing his bodyslam crusher super throw, I have reason to believe that the input for that is a 360.
for hyde and linne, the place that put the most complete movelist was thishttp://jbbs.livedoor.jp/game/53257/, but they haven't added other characters movelist yet
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:50:30 AM by caiooa »
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 02, 2012, 04:50:44 PM »
Burst: Linne doesn't grab Waldo out of blockstun.  You see him stop blocking just before she grabs him.  There's no way they would allow throwing someone in blockstun. 

Also, the auto-tech is just the safe recover after the untech bar depletes.  Apparently you can still grab people out of that shit though, making for some nasty resets.  It looks like Waldo has a lot of untapped potential as far as combos, but instead was playing heavily for resets (and boy was it paying off, holy shit).

« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:05:01 PM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 02, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
5D is Concentration, ala GRD Charge.

If I have any complaints about UNIB so far, it's that it doesn't seem to want to make sense at times.

Ah yes, I forgot about Concentration. I know that feel bro, paying attention to the GRD bar has me confused, and seeing Waldstein's gameplay has my jaw dropping the whole time.

Burst: Linne doesn't grab Waldo out of blockstun.  You see him stop blocking just before she grabs him.  There's no way they would allow throwing someone in blockstun. 

Also, the auto-tech is just the safe recover after the untech bar depletes.  Apparently you can still grab people out of that shit though, making for some nasty resets.  It looks like Waldo has a lot of untapped potential as far as combos, but instead was playing heavily for resets (and boy was it paying off, holy shit).

Ah, guess I didn't pay enough attention. There's no game that lets you throw in blockstun after all. Dangit, also didn't notice the tech-timer in relation to Auto Recover. I think it's just a change of state from being air-hit to falling animation. But seeing that it's something you can't really control, that could really be exploitable by the opponent, as shown by Waldstein. Unless of course, like Half Moon Circuit Spark, you're completely invulnerable when falling after an Auto Recover.

I think Waldstein's combos themselves consist of resets. Those follow-up throws don't seem avoidable at all O.O We haven't seen if you can control the direction of air-techs or not, but even if you can, his arms are so huge, he can just pick you out from the sky from anywhere.

And, just for the record, Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-stein for some reason.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 05:45:05 PM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 02, 2012, 10:23:10 PM »
Yeah, someone pointed that out as soon as the site had character pages.  You also have it in your signature.  Furthermore, basically everyone here can at least read kana and has heard his name pronounced in the videos.  I think it's pretty safe to say that you can consider my calling him Waldo as 100% intentional for ironic humor purposes, rather than ignorance. 

"Where's Waldo!  Oh...nevermind, he's like the whole screen."

Way to kill the joke, chief.
---