hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Under Night In-Birth  (Read 306611 times)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
Re: So apparently that game French Bread were making...
« Reply #875 on: August 26, 2012, 07:29:09 AM »
I think they actually slowed Merkava down since the Tougeki build. I remember the full screen grab being tighter when blocked.

However, SETH. Seth looks like so much fun to play. I might actually end up using him over Linne.

I find that they nerfed Seth's fireballs. They hit very inconsistently now, something I don't like very much. His dash-in-teleports look fun and all, but I'm confused about how much of a mindgame it really brings in a real match...
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 26, 2012, 10:40:30 AM »
Yeah, the fireballs are either slower or they changed the tracking, because they were getting avoided pretty easily.  Also take into account that they aren't persistent (Yuzu was just cutting him through the fireballs and they'd disappear), so it kind of encourages disrespect.  Dude has an absurd amount of mobility though, and that dashing cut has crazy hitstun.

Anyway, it seems like the meter hop thing is going to be really important, because people are pulling ambiguous crossups with it all day in those new videos.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 26, 2012, 03:44:31 PM »
I think Seth is going to play like a mix between Aoko and Ryougi. As much as everyone is comparing Linne to Ryougi, she plays nothing like her.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 26, 2012, 05:42:21 PM »
Those crossup combos are basically part of Ryougi's BnB, but otherwise I agree. Crossup orb/shots look like so much fun.

Edit: Also, calling Seth as Mamoru Miyano. Just listen to Setsuna from 00.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:25:23 PM by LivingShadow »

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 27, 2012, 10:44:22 PM »
Given the way that this game is shaping up. I wonder if there is any US plans at all?
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 28, 2012, 01:40:38 AM »
I doubt they actually have international plans yet, but at least they know people are interested and they don't have type-moon standing over them, limiting anything that they may want to do.  Best thing we can hope for is just that the game succeeds in making them boatloads of money so they have the capital to give it a shot.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 29, 2012, 07:39:00 AM »
I doubt they actually have international plans yet,
We'll have to see but being honest... I would but shocked if they have not begun to shop the game around somewhat. And if I remember, around the days of AH3's pre-release. Atlus has expressed interest in the FB's work (namely Melty).

It's a damn shame that these things are likely closely guarded and closed discussions. Oh to be a fly on that wall.

Best thing we can hope for is just that the game succeeds in making them boatloads of money so they have the capital to give it a shot.
Here is the thing, I don't think that even having a "boatload of money" would help in that regard. The face of localizing has changed, it would require a lot more work than simply translating the text and printing the disk. They have become something of a production themselves, which demands an experienced hand.

Once they give it a shot, that opens up a host of challenges.  Most of which, FB isn't use to. I hope that they do it honestly, but I can't be blind to the fact that they are a new minno in shark infested waters.
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 30, 2012, 12:00:35 PM »
The names of the voice actors were announced:

Quote from: SolxBaiken
VAs were announced in that issue of Arcadia:

Hyde: Kimura Ryouhei
Linne: Sakura Ayane
Waldstein: Ishii Kouji
Carmine: Kondou Takashi
Orie: Hayami Saori
Gordeau: Toriumi Kousuke
Merkava: Kiuchi Hidenobu
Vatista: Touyama Nao
Seth: Kaji Yuuki
Yuzuriha: Fujimura Ayumi
Hilda: Takada Hatsumi

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 31, 2012, 02:43:51 AM »
they added the section "system"
http://inbirth.info/system.html
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 31, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »
Is that another super I see? And if I'm not mistaken they put in a persona style auto-combo.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: September 01, 2012, 09:14:37 AM »
You know, after watching the Seth video one too many times (loving that BGM)... I noticed something at the end of the trailer.
The platform changed... again.... WHAT is the RigeEdge2?

Offline Shinigami-hime

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • I'M A FREAKIN' OVERLORD YOU IDIOT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 01, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »
Seth's theme is awesome along with Gordeau and RingEdge 2 thingy-it's like a PC but made into a console if I'm correct. A lot of people say it's total crap so even if it was sold in America I wouldn't buy it.
Sometimes I like to hang out with people who aren't that bright. You know, just to see how the other half lives.

MB: Main= (1)C-Warc (2) H-Warc
UNIB: Main= (1)Gordeau (2)Seth

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 01, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
RingEdge 2 thingy-it's like a PC but made into a console if I'm correct. A lot of people say it's total crap...

Well, I am not sure that there are any opinions on the hardware at this moment since we have yet to see production models of the line. So anything said at this moment comes with a gain of salt in regards to performance and network infrastructure. Also keep in mind that the only other game announced for this board is ASW's Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R, so I would expect impressions to be based on GG's under-performing on the hardware. Whatever those spec's those might be.

The Ring-series (Ringwave and RingEdge 1) continues with Sega using off-the-shelf parts for it's hardware. Something that is rather likely with RingEdge 2 to continue with. And to be honest, Sega is far from the only one, Tatio's Type X2 and Type X3 also use commodity hardware.

I was searching for information, both the RingEdge 2 and Type X3 are new to me. And the change of platform for UNIB was rather unexpected. And it turns out that a lot isn't known about the RingEdge 2... Was wondering if it was just me lost in the lack of info on the board. Apparently, I am not.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:45:29 PM by Forte Wily »

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: Under Night In-Birth
« Reply #888 on: September 01, 2012, 05:09:16 PM »
*dickhead topic title change mode*

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 01, 2012, 09:05:52 PM »
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 02, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »
*dickhead topic title change mode*

That took long enough.

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 03, 2012, 10:36:51 AM »
Someone posted a translation of the System page on this site.

Quote from: Hectom on Dustloop
The System page has been added to the official website of Under Night: In-Birth yesterday. The very good news is not only it has no comeback mechanics, it also rewards better players big bonus.

Here is our summary.

There are only 2 gauges that you have to pay attention to, EXS and GRD. This game really requires strategy as both of them can fill each other.

EXS (pronounced Exis)
- It is on the bottom left or right of the screen.
- This is similar to SF4's Super Combo gauge.
- Full gauge is EXS 200%. Half gauge is EXS 100%.
- It is used for EX version of special moves. EXS 100%+ is required.
- By pressing A+B+C at EXS 100%+, the character will enter Veil Off state. In this state, you can use EXS moves as much as you want in limited time until the gauge depletes to 0%. (Veil Off consumes all of your EXS.)
- Veil Off activation moment also works as "Burst" which pushes opponent away even under hit-stun.
- In Veil Off state, you will also get GRD bonus from actions.
- Ultimate moves called Infinite Verse will be usable at EXS 200% or in Veil Off state.
- Ultimate moves called Infinite Verse EXST will be usable only at EXS 200% and while opponent has 30% life or below, and you must use between a combo while having max Veil Off. This is instant death move.

GRD (Grind Grid)
- It is on the bottom center of the screen.
- Your GRD will increase if you are in a good situation, and decrease during a bad situation.
- GRD Vorpal is activated each time after the circle is filled with light. If your GRD is more than opponent at the moment, the circle will turn into your color (red or blue) and you get the benefits. The circle will then be reset again after it is filled. There is a chance that the circle will always be your color if you can maintain the momentum. If both players have the same GRD when the circle is filled, the circle will turn white and no one gets the benefits.
- In GRD Vorpal state, you do extra damage.
- In GRD Vorpal state, by pressing D twice, you can convert all of your GRD into EXS gauge. This action is called Chain Shift. Moreover, Chain Shift will cancel the ongoing animations, returning you to neutral again so you can continue a combo or use it for frame trap. The GRD circle will turn white after using it.
- You can boost your GRD by holding D. It can also decrease opponent's GRD. This action (called Concentration) consumes EXS.
- You will get GRD bonus when blocking an attack using Shield. But if you get hit while using Shield, GRD Break will occur. GRD Break will reset your GRD.
- Shield (press D while blocking) requires some EXS (around 20%). If successful, you will gain a lot of momentum in GRD.

Other features
- There are 4 buttons: A (light attack), B (medium), C (strong), D (EXS Action).
- There is something similar to P4U's Auto Combo, called Smart Steer. You get a combo by pressing A>A>A>A.
- Assault (forward + D) works like hop (for hop attack), midair is possible.

Looks like Chain Shift can now only be done if you're in GRD Vorpal. I like that a bit better than the "Mash Chain Shift whenever you have GRD available" that they had before.

There's also an Astral-esque version of the Infinite Worth (now called Infinite Verse) called Infinite Verse EXST that you can combo into when they're below 30% health.

Offline Shinigami-hime

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • I'M A FREAKIN' OVERLORD YOU IDIOT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 03, 2012, 11:06:50 AM »
Yep...this game sounds complicated  :gonk:
Sometimes I like to hang out with people who aren't that bright. You know, just to see how the other half lives.

MB: Main= (1)C-Warc (2) H-Warc
UNIB: Main= (1)Gordeau (2)Seth

Offline HARD_BREAD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • IPAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 03, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »
I'm liking the sound of the system. It sounds like it will make match-ups more interesting outside of what the characters can do on their own without regard for the meters.
The dream is bread.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 05, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »
Quote from: Hectom on Dustloop
- Ultimate moves called Infinite Verse EXST will be usable only at EXS 200% and while opponent has 30% life or below, and you must use between a combo while having max Veil Off. This is instant death move.

There's also an Astral-esque version of the Infinite Worth (now called Infinite Verse) called Infinite Verse EXST that you can combo into when they're below 30% health.

GOD, THIS AGAIN!!!!!  >:(

So not happy about that bit of news. I know that they are after that "Hateful BlazBlue"... but this is something that I was hoping that they would avoid like the plague. Guess not.
Excuse me as I scream at the moon and rip out my hair.

- Assault (forward + D) works like hop (for hop attack), midair is possible.
Ok, I was wondering if I was looking at something similar to Hyper Hop with that. I guess I was right, that is good since I was liking the sound of it.

GRD (Grind Grid)
- Your GRD will increase if you are in a good situation, and decrease during a bad situation.
Ok, that is vague. Good in how... attacking, defending, positioning, etc.?

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 05, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
Still liking what they have here. Even with the similarities to other games, there are enough new and interesting mechanics to work with.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 06, 2012, 03:32:43 AM »
So wait, what caused the shield to break?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 06, 2012, 06:50:12 AM »
So wait, what caused the shield to break?
Incorrect shielding (high/low) results in a break.  There's a ton of hitstun too, so it's pretty free for the opponent to capitalize on.  It happens in a couple videos.
---

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 14, 2012, 03:29:58 AM »
Catchy.

I like the cut-in things. They're like Melty's but better.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: September 14, 2012, 08:32:39 AM »
Oh man, I wish the actual ex/super cut-ins were animated like that.  It'd be so hype.
---