hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Under Night In-Birth  (Read 305984 times)

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: So apparently that game French Bread were making...
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2011, 04:48:50 PM »
More like GET HYPE FOR THIS

WHAT DOES ALL THIS HAVE TO DO ANYTHING WITH UNIB?

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2011, 08:40:28 PM »
Pretty much, yeah. The good thing is, it eliminates the cost of manufacturing and shipping when it comes to getting your games in arcades. Of course, on the other hand, if your game is only available on Nesica, you're limited to the coverage that service allows.
It is another downside, in that before Nesica or ALL... 100 yen in the cab was 100 yen pre play. That is not longer the case, both Sega (with ALL.net) and Taito (with Nesicalive) will have a percentage of every coin in the cab. It makes the risk factors higher for developers since, simple put, games really can't afford to flop in such a market. Sega and Taito would have something to say about a failure directly.

Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2011, 07:48:30 AM »
French Bread attempting to livestream stuff.  :slowpoke:

Supposedly they stream some Melty and talk about UNIB. [Or at least, that's what they said on their blog.]
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2011, 08:29:17 AM »
There's footage for a new char for UNIB in there. Looks like it's a combination of Wara and team style summons.

My guess is that seed looks like some kind of cancel command.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:31:22 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2011, 09:32:19 AM »
Stream over? Any recordings?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2011, 03:07:23 PM »
Stream over? Any recordings?
The link he gave was the recorded stream archive.

Edit:
Okay so the new unib char looks like blue akiha with a rapier.  She might be in a nun outfit, kind of hard to tell.  Her attacks have the smallest range of anyone shown so far, but she has a crazy amount of movement in them, so she kind of flies around the screen with her specials.  Also, she has a jojo's-style stand she can summon out.  He looks fucking awesome like some kind of big ass knight with a huge sword.  It didn't really do much, but seems like you can enter commands to have it attack and whatnot.  It generally follows the girl around the screen.  It's attacks are appropriately huge to the rest of the cast's shit.

Still no sign of double jumps or air dashes, from what I could tell.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:41:29 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2011, 04:41:19 PM »
Doesn't work for me, but I found another record which did.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2011, 10:23:52 PM »

The link he gave was the recorded stream archive.
If not that, it on the youtubz on this point.
Edit:
Okay so the new unib char looks like blue akiha with a rapier.  She might be in a nun outfit, kind of hard to tell.  Her attacks have the smallest range of anyone shown so far, but she has a crazy amount of movement in them, so she kind of flies around the screen with her specials.  Also, she has a jojo's-style stand she can summon out.  He looks fucking awesome like some kind of big ass knight with a huge sword.  It didn't really do much, but seems like you can enter commands to have it attack and whatnot.  It generally follows the girl around the screen.  It's attacks are appropriately huge to the rest of the cast's shit.

Still no sign of double jumps or air dashes, from what I could tell.
I am really liking that movement she has... the design itself isn't much, but I can't say much with the fuzzycam. I get the sense that she might be more complex than she seems with the "stand" work. I am kind of disappointed with the "stand" itself, was kind of hoping for more animation when idle, but he seems to be stiff and float around as it follows the girl.

Still looking at Hyde as "the character" for me.... something about dem pokes.
That said, anything mentioned about the Seed system? :prinny:
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2011, 04:43:53 AM »
I am really liking that movement she has... the design itself isn't much, but I can't say much with the fuzzycam. I get the sense that she might be more complex than she seems with the "stand" work. I am kind of disappointed with the "stand" itself, was kind of hoping for more animation when idle, but he seems to be stiff and float around as it follows the girl.
Yeah, I' was kind of disappointed at the lack of stand commands shown.  She only had it do a pretty basic looking slash attack a couple of times.  With how she can cross through opponents with that rapier dash though, it makes me wonder if she will be able to do silly combo or block strings hitting the opponent back and forth between herself and the stand.

That said, anything mentioned about the Seed system? :prinny:
Not that I'm really able to understand much, but I dont remember actually hearing any direct mention of the term.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2011, 03:37:18 PM »
Yeah, I' was kind of disappointed at the lack of stand commands shown.  She only had it do a pretty basic looking slash attack a couple of times.  With how she can cross through opponents with that rapier dash though, it makes me wonder if she will be able to do silly combo or block strings hitting the opponent back and forth between herself and the stand.

Like Carl from BB? Thatd b sexy.
I'm a little disappointed that he's probably gonna be all commands tho...
Itd be awesome if all of his moves were attached to one button, (ie btn1 controls stand, bttns 2,3,4 control ms. rapier) so itd feel more like controlling two chars.
But then again...itd be just like BB, lol.
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2011, 07:54:06 PM »
Well, we still don't know what the fourth button is used for, so I guess it's a possibility.
---

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2011, 12:24:53 AM »
Well, we still don't know what the fourth button is used for, so I guess it's a possibility.

X-Factor, because that makes every game a winner
Taunt, because every character needs a taunt
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »

Like Carl from BB? Thatd b sexy.
I'm a little disappointed that he's probably gonna be all commands tho...
Itd be awesome if all of his moves were attached to one button, (ie btn1 controls stand, bttns 2,3,4 control ms. rapier) so itd feel more like controlling two chars.
But then again...itd be just like BB, lol.
Implementing a 'character-specific' button like the D button in BB would be pretty good.(that hateful)BB has alot of great ideas...like they say,fight fire with fire.  :psyduck: :teach:
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
Implementing a 'character-specific' button like the D button in BB would be pretty good.(that hateful)BB has alot of great ideas...like they say,fight fire with fire.  :psyduck: :teach:

Why the hell not? BB has Tsubaki, who plays like...every Melty character...ever.
... does it matter?

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 09, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »

Why the hell not? BB has Tsubaki, who plays like...every Melty character...ever.
No she doesn't. :toot:

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2011, 06:53:54 PM »

No she doesn't. :toot:

Prior to MBAA, Im talking about her commands.
Just.
Her commands.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:56:08 PM by UNREAL BLACK THING »
... does it matter?

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2011, 07:45:36 PM »
Well, I wasn't expecting much out of this preview. This is not like FB was releasing "assets" like Capcom did(and keeps doing) with Marvel 3, so to have many unknowns behind the veil is expected for them showing off one character.
That said, I am expecting something more of a development bubble with UNIB till Sept... this could be the only think that we hear about the game for a while.

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • wants more of that French Bread goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2011, 01:02:29 PM »

I dunno, it could certainly work, but I'm hoping that FB will introduce some thing a bit different that will work towards their own ends and may actually stand to be a bit unique.

After all, as long as these "3+1" button schemes are going to be the standard operating scheme for most of these games out there now, we should hope that does more interesting things to be done with it. Something relating to that Seed gauge? I dunno...  :slowpoke:

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2011, 11:07:06 AM »
After all, as long as these "3+1" button schemes are going to be the standard operating scheme for most of these games out there now, we should hope that does more interesting things to be done with it. Something relating to that Seed gauge? I dunno... 

That's actually...more than likely...
... does it matter?

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • wants more of that French Bread goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2011, 11:39:39 AM »
That's actually...more than likely...

Well, whatever happens, I hope it's all good. On that note, I'm hoping FB is all good too. Haven't heard from them yet on Twitter yet...

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »
hey, there's a new post 2 days ago in mbaacc site (http://e56.info/mbaaring/index.html) in the section "topics". Is there any real news there?
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2011, 11:59:46 AM »
No.

It just states that the location tests held at Club Sega, etc. ended on the 10th of March.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2011, 06:18:48 PM »
So since there was a Location Test, is there any video footage besides the stream that went on a while back. It was too blurry to tell what was going on..  :/

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2011, 07:42:49 PM »
No.

It just states that the location tests held at Club Sega, etc. ended on the 10th of March.
Hmmm, be nice to see what comes of that... particularly on the hardware issue.