When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Under Night In-Birth  (Read 306130 times)

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
Re: So apparently that game French Bread were making...
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2011, 12:11:19 AM »
Don't know if I like that they're adding a character with flight into the game. Not sure if it currently drains meter fast enough, and with 300 meter (or max heat) to work with, that character could float for quite some time.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2011, 04:26:10 AM »
Yeah, shit sucks, but it just wouldn't be Yuyuko if she didn't fly :V

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »
Don't know if I like that they're adding a character with flight into the game. Not sure if it currently drains meter fast enough, and with 300 meter (or max heat) to work with, that character could float for quite some time.
It looks awesome and at least they're giving a cool character flight

like it if was ryougi or some other ugly loli I'd be like get that shit outta here
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline Greg

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2011, 01:43:38 PM »

like it if was ryougi or some other ugly loli I'd be like get that shit outta here

Shit.. so that's what it was. You know.. I've felt like there was something missing from Ryougi's repertoire for awhile now. I think you may have hit the nail on the head.
It makes me sick to think I was fucking a woman who was having sex with an alligator.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2011, 03:19:34 PM »

You shut up right now or I'll FIRE YOU FROM THE GOD DAMN INTERNET.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 02, 2011, 05:40:35 PM »
I don't know why you'd be that worried about flight, overall air mobility in MB is pretty high.

Unless you play necos.

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 05, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »
the platform being NESiCA[!?] until September.

You know, it just hit me that the platform might be negligible... It's going to be a networked game regardless (update, and so on), on systems that both have an window's based OS and hardware structure. There would not be many differences if the code to the game itself was made to be somewhat portable (which is a good idea despite hardware loyalty).

Granted, I doubt that Sega would be happy with that but Ecole goes that way they take FB with it. There is not a lot that Sega can really do to keep them in one spot.
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 08, 2011, 07:51:35 AM »
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • wants more of that French Bread goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2011, 10:53:21 PM »
the platform being NESiCA[!?] until September.

You know, it just hit me that the platform might be negligible... It's going to be a networked game regardless (update, and so on), on systems that both have an window's based OS and hardware structure. There would not be many differences if the code to the game itself was made to be somewhat portable (which is a good idea despite hardware loyalty).

Granted, I doubt that Sega would be happy with that but Ecole goes that way they take FB with it. There is not a lot that Sega can really do to keep them in one spot.

Good point. Plus in the arcade market, much like everything else relating to the game industry, it's getting harder and harder for the "little" guy to make any penetration in the market. Even more so when arcade hardware costs several arms and legs, and operators have to be very choosy with what units they'll buy.

So, as much as I'm sure this will be the bane of all prospective arcade importers outside of Japan, Ecole and FB may make this choice, because it will at least give them a chance to get out there on the market, without necessarily having to deal with the costs of hardware distribution (which is the very thing that has plagued SNK for both KOFXII and XIII alike).

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 14, 2011, 02:16:05 PM »

Good point. Plus in the arcade market, much like everything else relating to the game industry, it's getting harder and harder for the "little" guy to make any penetration in the market. Even more so when arcade hardware costs several arms and legs, and operators have to be very choosy with what units they'll buy.

So, as much as I'm sure this will be the bane of all prospective arcade importers outside of Japan, Ecole and FB may make this choice, because it will at least give them a chance to get out there on the market, without necessarily having to deal with the costs of hardware distribution (which is the very thing that has plagued SNK for both KOFXII and XIII alike).
That is why I don't think that Ecole will be willing to make an exclusive if this turns out to be the case. It would lessen distribution costs to just toss the game on the network(s) to buy and let the operators deal with if they want it or not from their hardware manufacturer of choice.

But also keep in mind that Sega has been keeping an eye on their amusement (read: Arcade system and places) side of business, and they are a large international corporation with many channels. Tatio, not so much. I honestly don't think that Sega would simply let this pass without doing something, given FB's track record. If anything, The House of Sonic still has much cash to burn.... and that would be the usual response if Ecole has those aspirations to leave.

Oh and last I checked, SNK moved to Tatio's Type^2 for hardware a while back. How has that been an issue?
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 14, 2011, 04:08:57 PM »
That is why I don't think that Ecole will be willing to make an exclusive if this turns out to be the case. It would lessen distribution costs to just toss the game on the network(s) to buy and let the operators deal with if they want it or not from their hardware manufacturer of choice.

But also keep in mind that Sega has been keeping an eye on their amusement (read: Arcade system and places) side of business, and they are a large international corporation with many channels. Tatio, not so much. I honestly don't think that Sega would simply let this pass without doing something, given FB's track record. If anything, The House of Sonic still has much cash to burn.... and that would be the usual response if Ecole has those aspirations to leave.

Oh and last I checked, SNK moved to Tatio's Type^2 for hardware a while back. How has that been an issue?

To put it bluntly: the costs. Basically, everything relating to how XII went down put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths and it was no different in Japanese arcades. XII failed to deliver on anyone's expectations, for the costs that were entailed. And then a console port was rushed out, which left Arcade Operators PISSED. For it left them stuck with arcade hardware that was sitting around, doing nothing, while people were happily going back to the UMs. 

So much did XII change things for SNKP, that they had to make deals with Konami to act as the publisher for the arcade release of XIII. Likely done to make it so that operators felt that they had a little more "security" when it came to committing to another investment to buy the hardware.

So, yeah, the whole XII episode stands as arguably one of the "worst case scenarios" in this vein. Even so, I'd like to think that FB and Ecole wouldn't turn a blind eye to that much, seeing how UNIB represents their own first foray in HD, and that much of an investment is expensive as it is. Sega may be looking out for their interests, but FB, especially, has to be considering their own stake in their future.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 14, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »
To put it bluntly: the costs. Basically, everything relating to how XII went down put a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths and it was no different in Japanese arcades. XII failed to deliver on anyone's expectations, for the costs that were entailed. And then a console port was rushed out, which left Arcade Operators PISSED. For it left them stuck with arcade hardware that was sitting around, doing nothing, while people were happily going back to the UMs. 
Oh, I could see that... The Type^2 is not cheap, and Tatio is not that known for quality control. So when SNK let slip a bad (obviously beta) game on the system and then rush to console, it would leave operators in a lurch. I would hesitate to buy direct from SNK again, unless they had gold on their hands ... lucky for them that XIII is the better game.
For much of the same reason, Capcom seemed insistence to keeping SSF4:AE to a 6 month window (much to Ono's annoyance), having SSF4 at home and SF 4 on cabs for a year wasn't pleasing operators any and AE was the push to win them back (alas, while making enemies of players/consumers here for the release of AE).

So much did XII change things for SNKP, that they had to make deals with Konami to act as the publisher for the arcade release of XIII. Likely done to make it so that operators felt that they had a little more "security" when it came to committing to another investment to buy the hardware. 
Oh, that is bad. But that also explains why '98 Ultimate Match Final Round was made for NasicaLive. Just case XIII failed, operators would have something to look forward to and keep the cab running, something that I am sure they got an earful of when XII failed in the market.

So, yeah, the whole XII episode stands as arguably one of the "worst case scenarios" in this vein. Even so, I'd like to think that FB and Ecole wouldn't turn a blind eye to that much, seeing how UNIB represents their own first foray in HD, and that much of an investment is expensive as it is. Sega may be looking out for their interests, but FB, especially, has to be considering their own stake in their future.
This is part of the reason to why one manufacturer "to rule them all" is not a very good thing for a market. Basically, Tatio makes all the rules at the moment and if something fails... it does so hard and Tatio has no incentive to do anything about it. With Sega around with a few high profile games in the pocket, Tatio is forced to compete and keep games from failing too badly.
As to the Indie/Doujin developer trying to make it in, I would be hard pressed to say that it's good for them that the chooses remain narrow.

Well, as far as FB/Ecole goes... we'll see where they take the game once made. As much as I speculate, there are still a few things that would randomize what happens. Given the MBAACC 1.07 PC release with Carnival Phantasm, I am not sure what  will happen (didn't see that one coming) with UNIB. That said, at worse it's an .EXE that they can dump on NasicaLive/ALL.net when they need to. And really, Sega does have a price advantage on Tatio with hardware... with that in mind, a good game to watch at the moment is Chaos Code... which happens to be a Ringwide-game, if response about the cabs are good then it would likely do a lot at Sega's end of things. And to be honest FB would have to be watching.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »

You just want to play Kanna. 
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2011, 07:40:52 PM »
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17023146

Well, here's a recording of that stream that occurred.

Quote from: Tachyon @ Dustloop
Majority of the questions were concerning MBAACC.

Most of the responses for a number of questions were not definitive (i.e. Wakaranai!"). I guess they just couldn't answer a lot of them at this time. They don't seem interested to develop ports on the 360.

- http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11035-Under-Night-In-Birth-(New-French-Bread-Fighting-Game)&p=1123863&viewfull=1#post1123863

Guess we'll have to wait for AM Show for anything relating to UNIB specifically.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 05, 2011, 08:52:39 AM »
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17023146

Well, here's a recording of that stream that occurred.

Quote from: Tachyon @ Dustloop
Majority of the questions were concerning MBAACC.

Most of the responses for a number of questions were not definitive (i.e. Wakaranai!"). I guess they just couldn't answer a lot of them at this time. They don't seem interested to develop ports on the 360.

- http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?11035-Under-Night-In-Birth-(New-French-Bread-Fighting-Game)&p=1123863&viewfull=1#post1123863

Guess we'll have to wait for AM Show for anything relating to UNIB specifically.
When in Sept is that happening again?

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 05, 2011, 11:25:33 AM »
AM Show according to the the official website (http://www.am-show.jp/) will be happening 9/15-9/16.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 06, 2011, 11:31:18 PM »
AM Show according to the the official website (http://www.am-show.jp/) will be happening 9/15-9/16.
Oh, that might be bad... TGS is around the same time (business hours are during those dates)

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 07, 2011, 02:23:32 PM »
I don't think so, really. If anything, the two shows, for the most part, cater to two different interests.

I mean, unless French Bread was going to be doing it like Atlus and ASW's new Persona fighter and have a NESiCA arcade release + console port within months of each other...

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 07, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »
I don't think so, really. If anything, the two shows, for the most part, cater to two different interests.
Still means that I am going to have to get information second hand. And TGS is slowly looking  to be.... busy.

I mean, unless French Bread was going to be doing it like Atlus and ASW's new Persona fighter and have a NESiCA arcade release + console port within months of each other...

That looks good, but I don't think that you would be seeing a lot of coverage with cabs. Arcade Operators where bothered with AE enough to hold it back for 6 months, I don't think that they would let this slip ASW's notice but we'll see.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 23, 2011, 10:07:28 AM »
Damnit, I got excited for actual content.  Don't do that to me!
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 23, 2011, 12:06:06 PM »
So new info in the next Arcadia? Sure hope they actually put something in there. For a game that's supposed to be coming out in Spring, they've released amazingly little info on it.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #298 on: September 23, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »
At hydra GP they'll be unveiling a new character.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 23, 2011, 05:01:01 PM »
Well, judging by the RingEdge in the upper right, I guess all that NESiCA speculation can finally come to an end...

Ah well, here's to new info coming soon.