When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Under Night In-Birth  (Read 306176 times)

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
Re: So apparently that game French Bread were making...
« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2011, 07:44:18 PM »
Time to start collecting Arcadia. Will scan UNIB if nobody else does.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #301 on: September 23, 2011, 09:38:08 PM »
I'll wait for the new info to update the front page.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 25, 2011, 08:16:50 PM »
Well, judging by the RingEdge in the upper right, I guess all that NESiCA speculation can finally come to an end...

Ah well, here's to new info coming soon.
Hmmm... I am going to have to check some numbers on Border Break and Project DIVA game that are both on the hardware.

That settles the debate somewhat, we'll see if that icon isn't joined by another. That said, any guesses to where a port might show up?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 06:06:34 AM by Forte Wily »
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 25, 2011, 09:16:56 PM »
That settles the debate somewhat, we'll see if that icon isn't joined by another. That said, any guesses to where a port might show up?

I can't go beyond speculation, but I imagine that if there's going to be a port, it'll be for the PS3. FB has said before that they don't have much interest in porting things to the 360 (at least for Melty), so it's more likely to hit for the PS3. As for where as in localization: I have no idea.

That or it lands for the PC, since they seem to be defaulting to that for the comparable ease-of-creation.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:24:14 PM by Sahgren »

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 26, 2011, 06:41:59 AM »

I can't go beyond speculation

All I am asking people to do....
I imagine that if there's going to be a port, it'll be for the PS3. FB has said before that they don't have much interest in porting things to the 360 (at least for Melty), so it's more likely to hit for the PS3.
Ok, that one is harder to say and the reason that I say that is, simply put, circumstances of Japan and the hardware it's currently on. I am rather sure that they want to port to the PS3. Given that it's distribution in Japan is large, why wouldn't you want to put yourself in large company that the PS3 has. The problem is that given that the system itself is Window-based, the likelihood of the graphics being dictated by DirectX 2D/3D is rather high. Almost all Sony systems tend to use OpenGL (or in the PS3's a subset of that in OpenGL ES) for graphical draw, conversion between the two is... painful. Not that it's impossible... but it is difficult.
If they are going to do (port to the PS3) that expect a wait on release...

As for where as in localization: I have no idea.
You know, something like that it going to have to capture the interest of publishers here. Given how things have thinned out in North America, that is possible... the bigger question is whom will do it?

That or it lands for the PC, since they seem to be defaulting to that for the comparable ease-of-creation.
Again, Windows-based hardware.... They need to do very little for a PC release (or nothing at all, the Type^2 and Ring-series both happen to be... a large PC to be honest, spec-wise).
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 27, 2011, 06:12:12 PM »
As for where as in localization: I have no idea.
You know, something like that it going to have to capture the interest of publishers here. Given how things have thinned out in North America, that is possible... the bigger question is whom will do it?

This might sound stupid, but id set my hopes on NIS or Atlus. And no, they're not known for publishing fighters in the least, but somehow I dont expect Aksys to step in here.
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 28, 2011, 12:48:29 AM »
Aksys has already expressed some level of interest in localizing MBAA in the past, so getting them to give UNIB or MBAACC a chance isn't too farfetched.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 28, 2011, 04:44:53 AM »
This might sound stupid, but id set my hopes on NIS or Atlus. And no, they're not known for publishing fighters in the least, but somehow I dont expect Aksys to step in here.
Atlus USA would be interesting, I have been really liking how they handle properties like Catherine and King of Fighters 13. Hopefully, if KOF gives them the proper marketing channels.... UNIB would not be a bad fit, since there would be some overlap. It's not going to be as big as say, Street Fighter, but with games like UNIB, they don't need to be.
Alas, I don't know much about NIS to have an opinion.
Aksys.... hard to say. BBCSE will have them rather busy and it's rather likely that they (unless Atlus JP plays it close to the chest) will be working on localizing Person 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. That said, it's not unlike them not to snap up an non-mainstream fighter before... Arcana Heart 3, springs to mind, as one. We'll have to see, but to be honest... I would be wary of any interest that they give off for the title, since Aksys has ups and downs.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 28, 2011, 06:56:50 AM »
atlus brought ah1 over to the states
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 29, 2011, 10:44:46 AM »
Aksys has already expressed some level of interest in localizing MBAA in the past, so getting them to give UNIB or MBAACC a chance isn't too farfetched.

Keeping up with the BB scene, CS is getting extended (again), and they're also working on this P4 thing. Id love for them to publish it, but I think there'd be delays, at the very least. Also, i just find the idea of French Bread working with the same guys that published "that hateful blazeblue" odd, lol.

Atlus USA would be interesting, I have been really liking how they handle properties like Catherine and King of Fighters 13. Hopefully, if KOF gives them the proper marketing channels.... UNIB would not be a bad fit, since there would be some overlap. It's not going to be as big as say, Street Fighter, but with games like UNIB, they don't need to be.
Alas, I don't know much about NIS to have an opinion.

Yea Atlus does really well with ports, and they are really willing to work with anything. Specifically they love to go with deep, niche, games, which is why im not sure if they'd go for it. I'd love to see them handle it. KoF isnt really a mainstream fighter anymore (just my thoughts, dont kill me), and UNIB would give them an opportunity to make cash.
NIS is in the same wavelength as Atlus. They constantly take up japanese material, even stuff that doesn't suit mainstream tastes. Also (God bless them), they take purists into consideration and they usually add optional japanese voice overs to the US ports, even in larger scale games. Not that we'd have to worry about that here, but its a reason y I love them.

atlus brought ah1 over to the states

Hmm. Didnt know that.
... does it matter?

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • wants more of that French Bread goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 29, 2011, 03:33:01 PM »
I imagine that if there's going to be a port, it'll be for the PS3. FB has said before that they don't have much interest in porting things to the 360 (at least for Melty), so it's more likely to hit for the PS3.
Ok, that one is harder to say and the reason that I say that is, simply put, circumstances of Japan and the hardware it's currently on. I am rather sure that they want to port to the PS3. Given that it's distribution in Japan is large, why wouldn't you want to put yourself in large company that the PS3 has. The problem is that given that the system itself is Window-based, the likelihood of the graphics being dictated by DirectX 2D/3D is rather high. Almost all Sony systems tend to use OpenGL (or in the PS3's a subset of that in OpenGL ES) for graphical draw, conversion between the two is... painful. Not that it's impossible... but it is difficult.
If they are going to do (port to the PS3) that expect a wait on release...

On the other hand? If French Bread and Ecole are indeed serious about having a port out in a timely fashion, they could opt to do like SNKP and start working on a console port in tandem with the arcade release, so that they could work out these issues sooner, rather later. I remember there was a lot of talk about this game having a substantial bit of "Visual Novel" aspects in the mix. Obviously, such things would be more appreciated in a port than they would in the arcades, where it's highly likely they won't even be seen by a number of players.

But, we'll see what happens sooner or later, right? In any case, we'll likely be waiting anywhere between 6-12 months after it starts its run in the arcades anyway, so the sooner the arcade release happens, the better!

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 30, 2011, 05:06:38 AM »
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #312 on: September 30, 2011, 05:34:07 AM »
So what exactly was updated?

Character section?
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 30, 2011, 06:10:46 AM »
Yeah, they updated the story and character sections. Two new characters. One is that summoner that we saw on their stream earlier, the second is a guy with a scythe who wasn't on that concept sketch from earlier.

After a little investigation of the screenshots it seems that the damage is lower than melty. Linne has a 14 hit combo that does 4k.

I'd like to point out that there are 5 slots left on the character section and 7 more characters in the concept sketch.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:37:28 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 30, 2011, 06:46:26 AM »
After a little investigation of the screenshots it seems that the damage is lower than melty. Linne has a 14 hit combo that does 4k.
Doesn't mean anything, we don't how much health each character has and 4k is average-ish in mb for a bnb output, also remember c-arc with ridiculous 30-hit bnbs that do no damage.

New characters all look great, some of the backgrounds look awesome but others are pretty damn fugly
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 30, 2011, 09:57:25 AM »
Was there any footage of Gordeau in that last stream?
... does it matter?

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 30, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »
Was there any footage of Gordeau in that last stream?

Not that I remember. The last stream was just Q&A, and the stream before it was Orie and Carmine. I think there was a concept art picture of him floating around, I just can't figure out where they got it. I most certainly don't remember it from the original trailer.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #317 on: September 30, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »
Front pagderered
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 30, 2011, 03:00:42 PM »
So what are the abilities of each person?

Hyde: Void Red?
Linne: Speedster
Waldstein: Hekatonkheir?
Carmine: Blood Spike
Orie: Thanatos?
Gordeau: Snatcher?

Btw, I like how Gordeau just kind of materializes the scythe it seems.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 30, 2011, 03:14:09 PM »
Wow good job on hitting Waldstein's. Hmm perhaps we'll get something Drive like. Shoutouts to the stage that's practically a bigger Modernism Street.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 30, 2011, 03:30:36 PM »
Love how Orie looks with dat rapier.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 30, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »
So apparently "Rapiers" and "Scythes" are called "Rulers" and "Debowelers" now.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 30, 2011, 04:22:32 PM »
I don't care what it is, having a weapon named "Ruler" is hype.  Though Gordeau is starting to sound like a major creeper.  Ability name Snatcher?  Weapon name Deboweler?  Seriously wtf.

Also does anyone else think that the "Seed" meter thing at the bottom looks kind of like guard primers?  ...lol, there's probably a lot of people that won't be happy with that statement.
---

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 30, 2011, 05:37:06 PM »
Also does anyone else think that the "Seed" meter thing at the bottom looks kind of like guard primers?  ...lol, there's probably a lot of people that won't be happy with that statement.

... system page when?  :psyduck:

And I can't seem to figure out what an "EXS" [their abilities] is. Is it like a drive or something? They all have superformal titles like "EXS of Purity - Thanatos".

Also Waldstein's weapon is called "Manly Iron Claws ~ Destroyer Troops". :laffo:
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 30, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »
Not certain if they're guard primers, we have yet to get a video where we see a situation where the meter goes down. That and it looks like you can actually encroach on the other player's side (seen here in the first trailer), so maybe you get some sort of big Astral-esque super if you get all of it.

Also looks like you can take off half of a point. Yeah, I'm confused.