When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Under Night In-Birth  (Read 306040 times)

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: So apparently that game French Bread were making...
« Reply #425 on: December 02, 2011, 01:45:56 AM »
Regardless of official name, Merkava shall forever be the UNREAL BLACK THING to me.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 02, 2011, 04:32:36 AM »
unreal black thing has arrived
Called it.

I'm going to guess that Vatista is a zoning character with no other knowledge.

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 02, 2011, 06:22:49 PM »
Quote from: Merkava
WAGA NA WA MERKAVA

ohgod it's UNREAL BLACKUMEN.

Quote from: Vatista
I am the autonomic nervous system "Autonomic Nerve". Designation "BaVatista".

uh... okay.

More  Orie gameplay vids when?
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 03, 2011, 03:55:36 AM »
sweet.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 03, 2011, 10:16:33 PM »
unreal black thing has arrived
What the hell? Still nothing more about the game?
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 07, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »
I like that unreal black thing has his ability named after Jormungandr, the world snake of Norse mythos.  Makes it feel like a herald for the end of times and whatnot. 

Also Vatista (that name's not cute at all) has ability named Restriction and her weapon is the Crimson Wing "Nanaka".  Been had hype for loli with blade wings.  Her outfit looks like something from Tron though.  Actually, I shouldn't talk shit; she looks cool as hell.  I really like that kind of bold contrast style in general.  Seriously though, Tron loli with blade wings?  I'm going IN. 
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 09, 2011, 12:43:56 AM »
http://inbirth.info/character.html
Website was updated with screenshots of Unreal Black Thing and Vatista.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 09, 2011, 04:48:32 AM »
Yeah, the attack hitboxes are huge in this game.

Vatista looks fun to watch. and UBT looks like he's inspired by Nero.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Strawberry Häagen-Dazs®
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 09, 2011, 05:15:00 AM »
I can picture the new hype term is TYPE 01 BESERKER MODE!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9DCKahS2No&feature=related

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 09, 2011, 08:54:46 AM »
If that bite in the 3rd UBT pic is his 2A I swear to God I will mash that shit like no tomorrow.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:46 AM »
Yeah, the attack hitboxes are huge in this game.

Vatista looks fun to watch. and UBT looks like he's inspired by Nero.
I was noticing that... makes me wonder how move recovery will he handled. Sort of hoping for a fast pace game here.

Vatista... about that thing about "beating that hateful blazblue," I am curious with this one. Looks interesting, wondering if she plays like what I think she does.
UBT... Merkava... Ok... I have nothing that I can really say about this one. He's going to be a wicked fight from the looks of it, all that range...

You, know, it would be nice to have another video trailer at this point with the other characters so far.

Also Vatista (that name's not cute at all) has ability named Restriction and her weapon is the Crimson Wing "Nanaka".  Been had hype for loli with blade wings.  Her outfit looks like something from Tron though.  Actually, I shouldn't talk shit; she looks cool as hell.  I really like that kind of bold contrast style in general.  Seriously though, Tron loli with blade wings?  I'm going IN. 
Yeah, I will give you that... her design is unique. Have they spoken about how abilities stand out in the game play?
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 09, 2011, 11:20:03 AM »
From what I know, they haven't mentioned anything about individual playstyles. All we know are from the trailer and the ultra low quality Orie vs Carmine and Hyde vs Waldstein video.

Range looks crazy in this game. Linne and Gordeau look like short range characters simply because everyone else seems to be able to cover half the screen with a hitbox. We even got Waldstein punishing backdashes with his grab in the trailer... Depending on how balanced it is, this could either be really stupid or awesome to me.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 09, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »
Range looks crazy in this game. Linne and Gordeau look like short range characters simply because everyone else seems to be able to cover half the screen with a hitbox. We even got Waldstein punishing backdashes with his grab in the trailer... Depending on how balanced it is, this could either be really stupid or awesome to me.
I don't think there's any real question about french bread's ability to balance a fighter.

Yeah, I will give you that... her design is unique. Have they spoken about how abilities stand out in the game play?
Not that I've seen yet.  Hopefully we see more video footage soon to answer a lot of questions we have.

And to be honest, I'm kind of hoping for frenchbread to go in a different direction than your standard anime fighter, but I can't say I'd hate it if it was.  I'm just hoping this game reinvigorates my desire to play fighters, cuz lately I have no solid interest.  =\
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 09, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »
http://inbirth.info/img/chara/ss_vat01.jpg

Vatista saying fuck off Egyptian j.C

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 09, 2011, 05:48:05 PM »
From what I know, they haven't mentioned anything about individual playstyles. All we know are from the trailer and the ultra low quality Orie vs Carmine and Hyde vs Waldstein video.

It looks really interesting to me. My biggest issue in fighters is finding a character with decent pokes. Almost dropped Nanaya for Ryougi in AA.
At least it wont be an issue here, plus Linne looks exceptionally fast.
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 09, 2011, 09:14:16 PM »
So...

Tron lines signify FLS users, and no tron lines signify EXS users?

Okay.

UNREAL BLACK THING GET HYPE.

Unreal Black Loli is pretty hype too, I guess.

"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 09, 2011, 09:55:20 PM »
I'm not worried about balance in the long run; French Bread is awesome about that. I'm just used to the concept of the first installment being the least balanced, especially if they're trying something experimental as a whole or something new to them as developers.

Unreal Black Loli is pretty hype too, I guess.

Now I can't get the concept of Unreal Black Thing x Vatista fanart out of my head...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 09:56:54 PM by Sahgren »

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 09, 2011, 10:08:08 PM »
I wonder how this will affect the zoning by movement/mobility (as opposed to zoning by using attacks) if everyone has so much range? Unless maybe the screen pans out when characters distance themselves or something, giving more room for people to jump, walk, dash, etc.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 09, 2011, 10:08:50 PM »
Not that I've seen yet.  Hopefully we see more video footage soon to answer a lot of questions we have.

And to be honest, I'm kind of hoping for frenchbread to go in a different direction than your standard anime fighter, but I can't say I'd hate it if it was.  I'm just hoping this game reinvigorates my desire to play fighters, cuz lately I have no solid interest.  =\
A video now would be nice...

At this point and time, I have been play some KOF. But outside of that, I have not really bothered with the usual suspects (SF, MVC). I think that I missed the boat on Street Fighter 4 to ever really catch up. And Marvel... so. much. salt.... I can't really play Marvel anymore...
I honestly doubt that FB will step out of it's anime fighter mould, but then again... this is their thing, who knows, they might experiment.
I don't think there's any real question about french bread's ability to balance a fighter.
Well, I would not say that they are subject to a free ride on the balancing either...

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 09, 2011, 10:56:47 PM »
Interesting how character sprites can cover the health bars.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 10, 2011, 03:06:38 AM »
http://inbirth.info/character.html
Website was updated with screenshots of Unreal Black Thing and Vatista.
OMG, zato 01 confirmed
http://inbirth.info/img/chara/ss_mer01.jpg
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Strawberry Häagen-Dazs®
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 10, 2011, 07:31:46 AM »
The background is really beautiful. Kinda reminds me of that bridge scene from Kara no Kyoukai. I'm looking forward to background hype.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 12, 2011, 08:25:50 AM »
Regarding range, Melty was sort of all about range already. I think they're just extending the concept so everyone has normals on par with Ryougi, Wara, and Nero. However, with these huge hitboxes we also have to consider how much it extends their own hitbox.

Linne might actually have a bit of an advantage over characters like Waldstein because her hitbox is so small compared to the rest of the characters and probably doesn't extend much with her attacks. And of course Vatista will probably have a similar advantage. The difference between the two looks to be that Vatista will probably be a lot slower than Linne but have much larger attack hitboxes.

Edit: Also, Waldstein Wallpaper is up.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:59:58 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 12, 2011, 11:50:24 AM »
Regarding range, Melty was sort of all about range already. I think they're just extending the concept so everyone has normals on par with Ryougi, Wara, and Nero. However, with these huge hitboxes we also have to consider how much it extends their own hitbox.

Linne might actually have a bit of an advantage over characters like Waldstein because her hitbox is so small compared to the rest of the characters and probably doesn't extend much with her attacks. And of course Vatista will probably have a similar advantage. The difference between the two looks to be that Vatista will probably be a lot slower than Linne but have much larger attack hitboxes.

That does make me wonder how much of a factor character specific combos might be. Like a hitconfirm at a certain range on Waldstein wouldn't work against Linne/Vatista and the like.

Ah, the wallpapers. I don't mind them nearly as much when they're tagged on to actual updates. By themselves, they just get my hopes up for the sake of crushing them.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 13, 2011, 09:01:23 AM »
That does make me wonder how much of a factor character specific combos might be. Like a hitconfirm at a certain range on Waldstein wouldn't work against Linne/Vatista and the like.
I don't think that will be an issue because of how huge the attack hitboxes are.