When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Under Night In-Birth  (Read 305896 times)

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
Re: So apparently that game French Bread were making...
« Reply #500 on: February 10, 2012, 01:34:27 AM »
UNIB Playable Display Build will be available at AOU's Sega Booth on the 18th of February.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 10, 2012, 02:30:00 AM »
So it'll be playable? Sweet! Definite system and character info then.

And I agree that they should wait. It's less likely to bankrupt them if they just start off with an arcade port. If we still really want the game, we'll just have to hype the fuck out of this and convince them to make it.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 10, 2012, 04:47:42 AM »
Are the visitors allowed to shakycam some footage?
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Strawberry Häagen-Dazs®
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 10, 2012, 08:06:34 AM »
But, you won't be able to stand up because of the 1000 x hype chamber. Causing people to mostly catch picture of the floor.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 10, 2012, 09:20:50 AM »
But, you won't be able to stand up because of the 1000 x hype chamber. Causing people to mostly catch picture of the floor.

Hat rig. Problem somewhat solved.
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 10, 2012, 11:19:57 AM »
They have an AOU2012 page.

Notable that the SEED meter seems to be renamed to GRD. Please tell me that's not Libra/Primers...

Also, the damage counter seems to take the previous damage and show you how much is added on for the next hit.

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 10, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
no homo, but + heat for Sahgren and Erkz
just curious about that dragon http://am-show.sega.jp/aou12/lineup/unib/images/02b.jpg
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • wants more of that French Bread goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 10, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
http://inbirth.info/topic0021.html. translate request please  :gonk:
And thinking again fot a while, i I found myself agreeing 3iiit  and Forte Wily. A solid arcade port is better. They will have time to think about anything else after.

Yep. It's one of the reasons I'm concerned about the Persona fighter. 3 months or thereabouts for an arcade run may get the game in the hands of consumers sooner, but the other shoe has to drop somewhere...

Anyway, the sooner we here about UNIB starting its arcade release, the better. I would like to be able to play this game before the Mayan calendar predicts that we'll all be eaten alive by UNREAL BLACK THINGS.  :V

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 10, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
I'm guessing the dragon floating next to Linne is like Gii floating around Rachel. IE: Probably just there for story purposes.

This is the first time it's ever shown up, so I could be very wrong about that.

I would like to be able to play this game before the Mayan calendar predicts that we'll all be eaten alive by UNREAL BLACK THINGS.  :V

All else fails, we'll be playing this game in football gear and biker leathers.

Also looks like they have the bios in English on the character select screen, right under the character portrait. Problem is, the text is too small for me to read.  :gonk:

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 11, 2012, 12:10:35 AM »
The older pictures showed that the enemy's SEED meter can encroach into your own, but it doesn't seem to be showing in this new set of pictures so far. I stand corrected. None of the pictures on the official site show this anymore. Must have been in the first trailer.

Also, based on this picture, for both sides, at the GRD meter, the first units closest to the centre are both consisting of plain solid colour instead of the normal highlighted design on the other units. Not only that, they are also filled more than halfway. My best guess is that they are filling up in realtime like how the Guard meter does now in MBCC.

Seems like Gordeau has Warachia's "extend fingernails" characteristic.

And I like how they display the old and new damage. Easy to tell how much more damage a new move adds to the combo.

As far as I can read, the character bios under the character portraits are, yes you guessed it, incomprehensible Engrish. Although I do see something about Linne's elder brother.

The character select screen shows all 10 slots filled with the characters we know. But the official site has one more "Unknown" character slot in the Characters section...

They seem to have removed some graphical aspects of the game, comparing the new pictures with the ones on the official site, notably the round timer, the design of each victory point, the SEED and GRD meter units and EXS meter design (at the end of the meter). I don't know why I bother with menial observations like these.

EDIT: Did anybody else notice that GRD can be short for Guard?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 12:55:12 AM by BurstOfAnger »
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline UNREAL BLACK THING

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • WTF does that even mean!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: February 11, 2012, 01:02:24 AM »
Its irrelevant now, considering that the GRD meter is clearly different, but i still wanna know wut the hell the SEED meter was. The overlap is gone now, I can't help but be curious as to wut that was.
... does it matter?

No. ALRIGHT LETS GO KICK ASS

Offline Remzi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 11, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
For Linne it's something like this.
"She repents. For a conclusion with the source of old eternal cause and effect, and an older brother.
The sword for the first time in one for which it has searched long.
Encounter with the holder Conversion of the stagnant title.
Probably, the ripple shows the ??? of her tale soon."

Pretty much Engrish, outside of the idea that she has a brother.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 12, 2012, 06:52:53 AM »
Tried my hand at translating Merkava's (UNREAL BLACK THING MAN) character bio from the main site.

A mysterious man(?) who has the strikingly resembling form of darkness/nothingness/emptiness/the void. The thing that has the form of darkness/nothingness/emptiness/the void is an existence that transcends "false born things" (read as Inverse), the result of becoming a "reborn thing" (read as Reverse), many things with different natured existences but same interests, the persistent woman called "dazzling darkness", nowadays a little depressing weather is felt. (HELP ME)

Now, it is an empty night. Many Inverses are collected together, the "dazzling darkness" are felt to be planning something. Just as well.

He steps out to hunt in the night when the Inverses gather. To satisfy his hunger for flesh.

As you can see, I have a lot of trouble. If you want to have a go at it, right click the page and view its source code. The character bio is available there to be copypasta'd into a Japanese translator (or each character into a Japanese dictionary like how I did it).

EDIT: Some on Carmine too. Probably extremely inaccurate due to my sucky moonspeak skills.

A young man who paid the price of his own life force to manipulate his unique ability.

Always roaming the night. Now, the man he knocked out heard of the end of a group of ability users, "AMNESIA" downtown.

That man, on the verge of leaving, stayed, a "dazzling darkness" named Hilda. Then, that woman said she was the most powerful "fake born one" (read as Inverse). Carmine who heard this was overjoyed. There were other fellows who enjoyed rage. The reason to attack the organisation in ten minutes. (HELP ME)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:42:01 AM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 12, 2012, 08:59:59 AM »
As I said before, I think the Seed meter was a combination of Burst and cancel. Probably the same for this build but only gameplay info will tell.

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 12, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »
it's just speculation but....at least by my eyes, mb have a lot of alpha 3 in the mechanics. The damange reduction by pressing buttons when the hits conect, the ex guard that restore guard meter and the 3 grooves are probably what makes me fell this way. Because of this, the first thing that come to my mind when i see this grd is bunkers or circuit spark breaking one of these blocks of guard meter and don't returning for a time or until the end of the round. But just speculation
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:25:30 AM by caiooa »
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 12, 2012, 11:05:20 AM »
I'm making my guess based on that tiny bit of gameplay that they streamed a while back.

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 12, 2012, 02:53:09 PM »
Some old news [January 27th?! How did I miss that?!] regarding the AOU show.

- AOU build is only 50% complete.
- Playable characters will be Hyde, Linne, Waren [sic. Maybe Waldstein?], Carmine, Orie and Gordeau.

There was something about a new character, but I'm not sure if it's referring to a new character to be revealed at AOU or if it's referring to Seth and Yuzuriha. I'm leaning towards the latter.
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 12, 2012, 02:58:59 PM »
Do they mean that they're only halfway through finishing the build that they'll show at AOU, or that the game is only 50% complete?

If it's the second one, I'm a little bit worried about them meeting the projected "Spring 2012" release date.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 12, 2012, 03:48:16 PM »
Do they mean that they're only halfway through finishing the build that they'll show at AOU, or that the game is only 50% complete?

If it's the second one, I'm a little bit worried about them meeting the projected "Spring 2012" release date.
If they have 50% content then they probably are closer to 75% complete because they more or less finished the programming portion of it.

Also keep in mind that demo builds are commonly branched off of the actual project. So, the project itself could have advanced further than the demo build shows.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 12, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »
Translated Seth's bio. This one went pretty well.

A young man whose identity is unknown, a "dark killer" (read as Assassin) feared by those who knows his existence. Seems to be acting under someone's instructions, suddenly appearing in front of a particular ability user to challenge him, for who or what purpose. Nothing is clear.

He hears of the name of the "night blade princess" Linne---. Upon hearing that name, the expressionless assassin's face turns dim.

Since that day, he, unordered by anyone, wanders the streets to search for the princess he has not seen.

Linne is pretty famous.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:04:14 PM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline Sahgren

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 12, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »
A rowdy young girl who comes from a family of guardians, who had in the past been assigned to protect the land. She now roams the night with a sword as long as she is tall, simply looking for entertainment.

Shoryuken's translation of Yuzuriha's bio. Considering how much longer the text seems in Japanese, I can't help but feel like they've left a bit out.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 12, 2012, 07:38:42 PM »
As far as I can tell, the bios in the site consist of a simple overview of the character as a whole in the beginning, a back story prior to the game's setting and optionally followed by a description of what they are doing during the game's timeline, where most of the characters are "wandering the streets at night". That sounds like just the top part, but let me take a look.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:41:58 PM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline 3IIIT

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • wants more of that French Bread goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 12, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »
If they have 50% content then they probably are closer to 75% complete because they more or less finished the programming portion of it.

Also keep in mind that demo builds are commonly branched off of the actual project. So, the project itself could have advanced further than the demo build shows.

Probably so. Demo builds are, in some ways, similar to anything else relating to programming and "milestone" builds, which usually just represent the game at a particular point in time (and hopefully compiles correctly, with no serious programming errors).

I'd like to think that by now, if they're serious about that spring date, every character that stands to be in the game is implemented by now. And now they're largely focused on balancing and whatever story-mode stuff they want to include in the arcade release.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 12, 2012, 11:05:31 PM »
Don't cry about it if it doesn't release in Spring.  They'll at least be dropping a load of more information and hopefully gameplay videos for us to drool over.

And of course Linne's famous.  Lolis run dis bitch. 
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Sgsn

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 13, 2012, 12:19:49 AM »
It looks like there's a translation of the character bios posted on GameFAQs too.