hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [MBAACC] Wara Changes + Discussion  (Read 36236 times)

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
Re: [MBAACC] Wara Changes + Discussion
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2011, 11:14:52 PM »
Obviously for swag

Duh
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2011, 01:14:27 AM »
After the 2B vs. opponent in air with no counterhit, you can do the 6C into AD, but you most likely will have to bet 2B will confirm (which is a bad thing) or have godlike reaction. Deppending on reaction is also no good. It's really an unsafe choice...

So he went for the safest thing, j.A into air combo. After he made this choice there was no way back to go for AD. As it would give him the round he used Warc summon. I don't know if he would use it if it wasnt going to give him the round, even if in max, because of worse oki...
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2011, 09:17:58 AM »
I think ehrik meant the air combo j.236c AD ender. Which would give probably more damage and better oki. Looking back at that video though, I think he just wanted to end the round while having 200% for start of the next round.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2011, 11:11:40 AM »
I think ehrik meant the air combo j.236c AD ender. Which would give probably more damage and better oki. Looking back at that video though, I think he just wanted to end the round while having 200% for start of the next round.

yeah this, basically if youre not killing them w/ it, might as well do AD combo

@Cristu: we're talking about outside of that situation :p
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2011, 08:48:42 PM »
F/H Wara in this vid I think the announcer said Highspeed i'm not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kvnyOMWh-U&feature=related

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2011, 01:27:43 AM »
Well, the name says "haisupii" which is short for Highspeed. Can't get more proof than that.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2011, 01:30:46 AM »
How about being unable to read JP or is that enough proof?

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2011, 02:51:35 AM »
Actually, I meant that the name is all the proof around. I wasn't dissing you about being unable to read JP. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2011, 07:37:38 AM »
:3 yes that is highspeed、I love his neutral

also haisupi = highspeed, not really a short form of it.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »
aside from changes already listed, 236c also otg relaunches (but kind of useless since it doesn't actually OTG people unless you fuck up wall slam combo lol)

Offline Qpunch

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • QQQQETHBETHGNRDAW%R
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2011, 10:28:49 PM »
I just got my hand on CC and I'm wondering, has anybody found a use for 5[C]? (Haven't spent much time on the game, will experiment later.)
C Aoko, C Wara, C Sacchin

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2011, 10:54:17 PM »
You use it in BNBs basically.

some sample ones are:

midscreen near corner: blah tk 236a (2b)2c [char specific] > 5[c] 22b/22[a] dash j.b dj.c ender

corner: blah tk 236a walk backwards 5a 2c 5[c] 6[c] j.c j.c ender [char specific]

or blah 236c > 2c 5[c] 6[c] j.c j.c ender

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »
I'm impressed with F-Wara's changes. Making the 236 and 214 series EX-cancellable makes things more interesting. However, you have to note that if you have a non-EX flame orb around, you can't put out an EX-orb. Speaking of which, EX-orb does significant damage, has hitstun and doesn't rape guard meter as much anymore, but still, this makes it more of a viable move to use occasionally. Unfortunately, 623C combos are not any easier to do, but the rest of the 623 series are also hard knockdowns which give quite some advantage on hit, so setting up orbs or haze might be possible.

Overall, I quite like F-Wara now. It'll be fun to use him to troll around people who aren't used to his airborne dash  :laffo:

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »
Good stuff @ Burst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCppjgu32o Adv corner bnb for cwara

Offline Daimao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2012, 11:27:54 PM »
Unfortunately, 623C combos are not any easier to do

I fail at getting 623c to hit at the right spot on demand.  :gonk:

Anything on the front of OTG relaunches? (for F-Wara)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 11:32:47 PM by Daimao »

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 03:54:43 AM »
None of his normals do. If 5b OTG relaunched, that would be gdlk. So far, I've identified 22 series, 623c and j421c (lol who the heck would do that)

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 11:13:58 PM »
Just finished describing C-Wara's normals and specials (minus arc drive) on the wiki. I would like someone to check my translations of move names

will add to combos and strategies once i get access to my stick again so i can properly test everything.

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Melty_Blood/Warakia/Crescent_Moon

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »
Just finished describing C-Wara's normals and specials (minus arc drive) on the wiki. I would like someone to check my translations of move names

will add to combos and strategies once i get access to my stick again so i can properly test everything.

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Melty_Blood/Warakia/Crescent_Moon

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/melty-blood-auditorium/melty-blood-actress-again-move-names/

Might come in handy

Also check template again for how to do Move names on wiki. Only the jp name is in the 「」

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:25:07 PM by Curbeh »
They can't get enough of me

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 11:24:06 PM »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2012, 10:31:04 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9WmGqYbM0c

only way out of this is to DP or throw tech, kind of waste of meter but if you have max mode....

throw setup has been here since mbrft, but with new cc ch system :3 bet i could squeeze more dmg out but i was lazy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:40:49 AM by ehrik »

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2012, 09:19:46 AM »
If I get a chance to play some F-Wara vs. Greats I might type of a thread with some of the tech I'm trying.

I'm pretty much working so far with basic which way midscreen, basically after j.421C knockdown airdash over or not.  I've also noted that straight up jumping and falling with either j.A or j.B can create a lightning fast high/low mixup, in which you either fall and hit a low, or jump and airdash immediately, and follow with a j.A.  Both are easy to combo from and so on.

As for pressure, I did play him a little bit back in PS2, things I've noted are 5B(3) -> BE2C is pretty much poke proof, 2B(2) -> BE2C trades favorably most of the time if the opponent perfectly times a 4f startup 2A, 2B 2B 2B 2B 2B is a deceptively good blockstring, timed perfectly it's pretty much poke proof.  Obviously you're vulnerable to invulnerable DPs on any of these gaps, but the point I'm getting at is F-Wara is full of frame traps without any work.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2012, 11:32:30 AM »
If I get a chance to play some F-Wara vs. Greats I might type of a thread with some of the tech I'm trying.

I'm pretty much working so far with basic which way midscreen, basically after j.421C knockdown airdash over or not.  I've also noted that straight up jumping and falling with either j.A or j.B can create a lightning fast high/low mixup, in which you either fall and hit a low, or jump and airdash immediately, and follow with a j.A.  Both are easy to combo from and so on.

As for pressure, I did play him a little bit back in PS2, things I've noted are 5B(3) -> BE2C is pretty much poke proof, 2B(2) -> BE2C trades favorably most of the time if the opponent perfectly times a 4f startup 2A, 2B 2B 2B 2B 2B is a deceptively good blockstring, timed perfectly it's pretty much poke proof.  Obviously you're vulnerable to invulnerable DPs on any of these gaps, but the point I'm getting at is F-Wara is full of frame traps without any work.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-rN63pnW0
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:37:21 PM by ehrik »

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2012, 05:47:05 AM »
I am still for the life of me baffled at how BE2C combos are doable.

EDIT: I've figured a little more about how F-Wara's haze works. Basically, if the opponent is launched by a move while touching the haze but IN BETWEEN the haze and you (contrary to popular belief, not INSIDE the haze), the move becomes untechable. The effects seem to be quite instantaneous, seeing as BE6C 214A causes an untechable knockdown.

Scrap all that. A lot more further testing is needed to confirm this. So far this stands untrue for P-Ciel.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:22:37 AM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2012, 07:04:01 PM »
I'm starting to really, really like 2A 5B 2C 623A 214A as a setup starter.  Obviously it's not the most damage, more meter combos would do more, but the height from the 2A 5B 2C 623A gives a lot of time to 214A and then do a setup.

Also, 2A 5B 5C 6C 623C is a reliable way to get into a 2B BE2C loop, and this obviously can be ended with 623A, or a 214A xx 623C again.  So basically either

2A 5B 5C 6C 623C [2B BE2C] x N 623A 214A dash mixup
2A 5B 5C 6C 623C [2B BE2C] x N 214A xx 623C j.236A dash mixup

This is really nice because this is basically a 4.5k damage combo that ends in a really good mixup, as opposed to a regular combo which is admittedly more damage, but doesn't allow for as good of a mixup.

Notes:  Seems you can only get up to three 2B BE2C's.  Also, 2AA or j.A 2A is acceptable, but any more A moves and the combo will stop working on some character, in particular Kouma for sure.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:16:18 PM by Benny1 »
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.