When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-Wara  (Read 10452 times)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
F-Wara
« on: January 14, 2012, 07:52:35 AM »
This moon is gaining popularity!

Note: I probably don't know nuts about what I'm saying here. Please say I'm wrong somewhere.

Moves that OTG relaunch: 22 series, 623C, j421C (I don't know how in a practical match will this be useful), AD/AAD.

Pressure options:

2A 2B 2A is airtight when properly timed.

2B 2B 2B is a valid blockstring. Entire thing is a frame trap.

5C has lots of pushback, use it as an ender.

Anything into BE2C can be used as a frame trap.

NEVER use 236 fireballs in blockstrings. All of them are supremely minus on block, even on counterhit. Unless it's IAD jA/jB j236B which is a frame trap and airtight on landing. You can't use j236A thought, the fireball will appear after the opponent.

Combos:

2A 2B 2C 6C jC jC AT/j421C - the most normal BnB around.

2A 2B 2C 6C 22A sj8 jB jC AT/j421C - tornado version

2A 5B 2C 6C jC jC AT/j421C - depending on spacing and height after 5B, 2C might be 1 or 2 hits.

2A 5B 5C jC jC AT/j421C - easier to confirm into EX combo.

2A 5B 5C 6C jB jC AT/j412C - character specific.

With haze: 2A 5B BE2C [2B BE2C]xN

Into oki:

xx 2C 623A - Only the last hit of 623A is a hard knockdown, meaning the 6th hit. If you only get 5 hits, the opponent is free to airtech.

xx 2C 623B - Only doable in corner, has higher chance of getting the last hit to connect due to it only going horizontal and seems to do more damage.

xx 2C 6C 623A - Timing needed. If the opponent is too high, the last hit of 623A might not connect, leaving it airtechable.

xx 5B 2C 6C 623A - The 5B starts launching the opponent, sending them higher into the air and causing them to spend more time to land after the 623A, giving better oki. Timing is needed, delay after 2C.

xx 2C 214A EX cancel 623C - Doing TKj2369A gives you both haze and fireball oki which shuns out jump-outs. The forward momentum will also put you closer to the opponent. You should recover fast enough to stuff-out pokes.

EX Pinwheel combos:

xx 5B 5C 6C 623C [2B BE2C]xN (Oki option)

Can only be done if there are a maximum of 2 hits before 5B, either two 2A's or jA/jB 2A. This combo so far has the highest chance of success for 623C to connect properly, where the final hit when Warakia lands connects. If 2B is done too early, the BE2C might only be 1 hit, which will mess up your timing. Should this actually happen, your best bet is to do 2A2C after a 1 hit BE2C because connecting 2B after that is difficult. This takes quite some reflex, so practice makes perfect.

The most number of practical reps is 2 or 3 because nearing the end the hit counter will be past 20, giving the opponent a lot of meter. If the opponent is too far, switch to 2B2C instead of BE2C. Continuing into an air combo after the BE2C reps is doable, but not practical because normally this combo would have already raked in 5k, and an air combo will raise the hit counter a great deal unnecessarily, even if it is for the kill.

236 Fireballs:

236A generates it quickly in front of Warakia. Doing it point blank at the opponent will generate it AFTER the opponent. The fireball doesn't oscillate vertically too much, hence it might whiff crouchers. Disappears relatively quickly.

236B has a longer startup and the recovery after is a little slower than 236A. Can be done point blank. Oscillates quite a bit vertically, meaning it can hit crouchers more easily than 236A. Travels slower than 236A but 2x further.

236C ACTUALLY HAS HITSTUN AND DAMAGE NOW! Destroys 1/3 of total C-Moon guard bar (haven't tried on H-Moon yet), which isn't much. Extremely minus on block though. Not a very viable pressure/guard crush option actually. Oscillates as much as 236B, travels as far as 236B and has a larger hitbox.

j236A continues momentum while summoning an A fireball. Low air normal to j236A does NOT connect.

j236B completely halts momentum whilte summoning a B fireball, then continues momentum. TKj236B will have you fly up into the air after summoning. Low air normal to j236A connects and is a good pressure option.

j236C will push you back while summoning regardless of momentum before.

Maximum of 2 fireballs can be out at the same time, however if there is one fireball out, an EX fireball cannot come out. If an EX fireball comes out first, though, a normal fireball can come out after that.

214 Haze:

All hazes increase air hitstun of moves when the opponent is touching it and launchers become untechable. Also gives you and your opponent meter ONLY if the opponent is in the haze. Deals slight damage per instance which cannot kill.

214A generates a moving haze which lasts for about 6 seconds. Gives you 1.8% and the opponent 0.6% each instance. A haze passing by a stationary opponent causes 5 instances. Maximum of 12 instances.

214B generates a stationary haze which lasts for about 3 seconds. Gives you 4.5% and the opponent 1.5% each instance. Maximum of 6 instances.

214C generates a bigger stationary haze which does the same thing as B haze, except that it deals more damage.

In order to maximise damage from haze, do combos with the opponent in them, especially BE2C reps which keep them low to the ground, constantly in the haze. Haze increases air hitstun, making reps easier to perform. Also, use haze to make high/low mixups more ambiguous and hide BE6C overheads.

Oki options:

Airborne dash jA/2A high/low. Most basic mixup for F-Wara. If you do jA right after the dash, the forward momentum will still carry on, pushing you upward and forward over the opponent, which isn't what you want. To do it properly, delay after the dash to let Warakia fall down a little, killing the momentum before doing the jA overhead.

TKj2369A has forward momentum, bringing you closer to the opponent almost instantly. Depending on situation, can cross up. If the fireball is over the downed opponent, it'll shun off jump-outs.

236B has long startup, so to compensate for this, do it when the opponent is on the floor. Having the fireball float right at the opponent when he/she is waking up covers you and lets you perform any other oki option like the jA/2A high/low. After throw: 236B 2A is airtight. The A fireball will float over most crouchers.

214 haze in most cases will recover in time for you to do a jA/2A high/low.

Oki options are the same for after a throw.

BE6C overhead:

Haze after BE6C normally causes the BE6C to be untechable. Unfortunately, you will not recover in time to combo. However, since fireballs and haze are now EX-cancellable, they are also IH-able as well.

BE6C 623A gives oki, but is not safe on block.

BE6C recover 5B (1hit) 6C EX Pinwheel/sj air combo is character specific.

BE6C 22A is probably your best option on block. Vulnerable to poke, though.

IH combos:

2A 2B 2C IH [2B BE2C]xN - delay after IH, don't do 2B too early or BE2C will be invalid.

BE6C IH 214A [2B BE2C]xN - again, timing required.

Massive thanks to Benny1 for his research on the EX combos!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:32:34 PM by BurstOfAnger »
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
Re: F-Wara
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 08:19:00 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-rN63pnW0
Oki setups + combos from Highspeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gdtgl9C_I4
Highspeed CMV

I'd also recommend mentioning the 2C 214A xx 623C j.236A oki ender, since it gives you both haze + fireball rather than just one.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 08:40:49 AM »
To be honest, I don't fully understand that oki ender because the way I see it, TKj2369A floats too high to hit crouchers. Mind clarifying what options do you have after this oki?

Offline VanDarkholme

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 09:33:21 AM »
Is he considered better than C in japan? I've been playing Wara since the release of AC so I'm kinda uncertain if I should try him out.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 10:11:42 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, anything that makes people afraid to jump out is always a good thing.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 11:39:03 AM »
F has better mixup/dmg but his execution barrier is high. Also his neutral is weaker than C's.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, anything that makes people afraid to jump out is always a good thing.

Point taken. Imma include it.

EDIT: I wouldn't say his neutral is weaker, just different. F-Moon has the same 22 series for zoning and fireball projectiles and jB being 1-hit has a lower chance of F-ing up air CH's. Ground dash goes airborne and it's quite fast, so perhaps he can fish out air CH's from the ground. He doesn't have C's 2B gdlk anti-air, but his 2A is very high profile and shield counter also reaches up. But I admit, maybe he isn't as mobile as C-Moon.

Indeed, F has a very high execution barrier, but that is if you aim for the best of combos. His normal combos are actually still quite good, and the haze adds in damage too, though not much. I don't think F-Moon loses to C-Moon in terms of reach.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 05:39:50 PM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:49:50 PM »
All though j.b is only 1 hit and helps with CH's, he can't get into a positions C-wara can j.b with because of his ground dash. Also there are points in neutral game where you have to let j.b hit twice to get the confirm or auto piloting j.bc will ruin the air confirm (ex: close to ground above opponent j.b > rising j.b j.b > ender). This also includes dashing under people to make their air moves whiff, which is pretty powerful neutral tool against mindless j.x mashers. You also lose stuff like trip anti air/long range knockdown 2c. C-wara's 2[c] is also good as a preemptive anti air/space filler since it goes up at a good angle. 22x does help with zoning but its also more difficult/impossible to combo after which C-wara can do easily with any strength tornado.

I don't think F-waras neutral is all that bad though, don't get me wrong. I just think its weaker than C-wara's mainly because of loss of mobility.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 06:02:34 PM »
About that close to ground above opponent jB > rising jB djB > ender, I think F-Wara can still do it with jA. Let me check later.

I thought F-Wara can combo after 22X as well. Will have to check on that too.

And yes, C-Moons dashing made for good air-punishing or zoning, also because of dash-in 2B.

But dash instant overhead jA has to be a fantastic plus point for F-Moon.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2012, 10:17:33 PM »
About that close to ground above opponent jB > rising jB djB > ender, I think F-Wara can still do it with jA. Let me check later.

Doesn't work unfortunately, the double hit imo was what made it so great, since it gave you time to confirm, and gave you option to choose one hit or not with j.bc.

I thought F-Wara can combo after 22X as well. Will have to check on that too.

Checked and yeah he can do it! which is awesome. Screen was larger in PS2, so it was incredibly difficult iirc :/

And yes, C-Moons dashing made for good air-punishing or zoning, also because of dash-in 2B.

But dash instant overhead jA has to be a fantastic plus point for F-Moon.

Yeah, though I was talking more about the neutral.

\

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 10:46:25 PM »
Yea, rejump combo after hitconfirm jB isn't there. Well, it's good to know that each moon has its ups and downs, making each a viable option.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 04:32:06 AM »
I notice that JP players don't use orbs much in zoning and neutral. Any reason for this? I personally think they're not too bad, in some cases it fishes out counterhits from careless jump-ins (but that's more of a case of low level play) so why doesn't it seem viable for the JP players? Is it because they don't last long enough or TKing it is obvious enough for the enemy to come in really quick for a punish?

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 08:43:27 AM »
I notice that JP players don't use orbs much in zoning and neutral. Any reason for this? I personally think they're not too bad, in some cases it fishes out counterhits from careless jump-ins (but that's more of a case of low level play) so why doesn't it seem viable for the JP players? Is it because they don't last long enough or TKing it is obvious enough for the enemy to come in really quick for a punish?

I assume you mean air 236x, in which case I've actually seen some videos where Highspeed didn't stop doing it  a while back lol
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 08:48:55 AM »
from what I've played of him so far, here are my thoughts about 236x

a) vanishes when you get hit, so kind of bad against big air normals that are disjointed
b) its kind of high in the air so it will whiff people just running at you on the ground
c) The angle it covers isn't too great, but its nice to have some cover while charging
d) if they get hit by it non ch, its kind of whatever
e) easy to shield
f) doesn't cover anything f-wara's normals don't cover already, so people coming at you from above will still rape you

So i guess you can throw it out once in a while, but if they're rushing you down, or coming at the weak spots that fireball doesn't cover, I guess its not too great as a projectile.

edit: was wrong about it vanishing on block my bad :(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:20:50 PM by ehrik »

Offline Epiren

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »
Random combo off air grab:

... land 2C 22B jC djC AT

Thoughts?

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 04:37:19 PM »
^ I've seen Highspeed go for knockdown actually after raw air throw, just 5c 623a. If youre closer to the ground, you can go for loop though w/

air throw > airdash j.c whiff 2b 2[c] xn

Also for fireballs....I think they're pretty nice now. I forgot how you could have two of them out at the same time :O
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 05:23:13 PM by ehrik »

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
How practical is the loop after raw airthrow? Looks like hell to execute...

For me, the best follow up after raw airthrow is 5C because it's range can catch an airthrow from any height. Following with jC djC air combo is easy after it as well.

Yeah, 2 is the limit, but if you have an EX fireball out, you can't have anymore out unless you put one out before the EX. But EX fireball sucks anyways...

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »
F-wara is pretty tough, been playing him a lot for the past month.

Tornados pretty hard to confirm from since he doesn't have a dash, and his j.b being 1 hit makes it a lot harder to confirm things.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Big Ben

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • accidentally picks annoying characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 03:47:35 PM »
This is probably old news to absolutely everyone who cares and/or not even really useful but hey.

Now that we're talking safejumps there's also airgrab ender after j.C dj.C, fall a little, airdash forward j.C if for whatever reason they don't tech it. As said, it's probably not very useful and/or common knowledge but it exists.
scumtrashgarbage f-wara player

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 02:42:40 AM »
What a character guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U2bIubOwGY

I saw that support vid a couple weeks ago and then wondered to my self why I never bothered to try using static in combos... A lot of those seem like they are practical.