When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Wara Critique thread  (Read 11598 times)

Offline Big Ben

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • accidentally picks annoying characters
    • View Profile
Re: Wara Critique thread
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 05:29:34 PM »
Wow, that's more than I could've ever hoped to get in such short time. I'm liking Ragu's style already, looks really solid and not too execution heavy either.

What are some good oki setups you'd recommend? TK 236A is a thing, but what comes after it? It's always been a bit ambigious to me. It's apparently meant to discourage jumping out so is it just basic stagger strings considering it keeps them from jumping out of them?

Meaty 22A is another I've seen, that's pretty good too. Is 66A instant overhead viable on opponent wakeup?
scumtrashgarbage f-wara player

Offline Big Ben

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 06:05:00 AM »
Yeah, I've seen that video and haze combos are definitely out of my league. I've read the Mizuumi article too, I guess now it's just time to put this into practice. Thanks again, I'll see how well I hold up with this info.

EDIT: Also a little something I'm curious about: Why do so many of the top level F-Waras you can find on meltydb go for meterless knockdown with high meter or in max and then immediately rush to dump that meter with j.421C ender when they go back down to 100? It's something I've noticed that really confuses me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:36:36 AM by Big Ben »

Offline Big Ben

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 02:04:34 PM »
Alright. More footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHNdvEA1Xl8

I think I'm slowly getting better. I'm still using neutral dp's more often than I should be. Trying out H-Wara here too, seems pretty cool.

The j.421B neutral thing isn't an actual thing, it was more of a showing off kind of thing ever since I found out how to change the spot you return to.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 04:55:32 PM »
HWara kind of has to go for swag combos 'cause he has to get that meter back up. :v

EDIT: highspeed has a j.2[C] ender combo video that has lots of neat H stuff. :v

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17456674

Check the rest of his channel too.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/29428129
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:04:11 PM by Sashi »
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Big Ben

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »
Thanks. Fireballs were in fact slipups and every time one came out the Mizuumi page and the bit about never using fireballs in blockstrings passed through my head. Gotta hold back that 22 usage too.

Thank you again, this really is more than I could have expected. Bullet points were great, I'll work on what you said.