When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > White Len

F-White Len

<< < (2/3) > >>

f-wlen ice loop:
you know that you can jump out of 623[a] free right

point blank too, not just at the huge distance you have in the vid

also nothing goes seamless into 236c besides 236a, you can ex in between the kick and the ice. you can't jump out cause it causes an unblock but buffering a counter ex is easy

i'm kind of flattered you thought my stuff was worth copying though

for future reference, http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C3DF49A7D784ACCA

only the most recent stuff is any good though, none of the midscreen which ways actually work due to crossup protection

f-wlen ice loop:
just had a look at your other vids, specifically airthrow to counter 623 sjc

623 sjc shouldn't be a basis of her offense, it's there as another trick in the bag (with many permutations)

i noticed you were sjc airdashing very high, the ideal sjc should be a bit lower than that making it extremely difficult to react to. basically someone has to know you're going to do it to airthrow it and if you simply let 623a run its course it keeps them locked down. unfortunately from there you don't have any options that'll keep her offense going

if you want to go gimmicks you can start using her 22b/22c but audio cues will give that away. i use 623a occasionally in my game but i think her offense with projectiles and iad/fastfall is stronger

EDIT: did some testing and here's a conclusive answer. 623a will keep them blocking and with you only at slight frame disadvantage. partial charge 623{a} will beat backjump+e airthrow attempt, but you won't be able to capitalize off of it because it's techable. you can cancel into a 214c on reaction but that's airtechable, so that's a waste of meter since they can use airtech inv to move forward and corner you. 623[a] will beat a psychic airthrow attempt, but will lose to doublejumps because they're too high in the air. i don't believe fwl is punishable on whiff of that move from doublejump height, but i wasn't able to confirm this. on hit, it causes untechable drop so you can hitconfirm into the combo of your choice. in block, it's actually +frames so it's better than 623a; however, if either one gets blocked, your pressure is basically over unless you want to hazard a 236c (which is not seamless and gets ex hiero'd free, so be careful).

basically anytime you do 623 sjc you're rolling dice. it's up to the opponent to decide how much they respect you and it comes down to reading players, pretty much

Tarnish:

--- Quote from: bellreisa on November 28, 2009, 07:03:15 PM ---you know that you can jump out of 623[a] free right

--- End quote ---

That's what I wasn't able to get in before work last night.  The spacing I show where I just do the 2C into 236A is to illustrate where the spacing is.  Where you have to be in order to be most effective.  Other than that, I prefer to do it when I have the opponent in block stun, because I always wanted to know what I could do to continue to pressure the opponent after an air throw, which is when I prefer to throw the air EX Projectile and then get back in their face.  As far as the opponent jumping out, I was discussing the implications of just training them to look for it and then getting in projectiles and then eventually setting up 234 A, B, or C as opponents try to escape.  

Other than that, my execution in the game is hardly perfect, but I know players who have the reactions to just wait and listen for the noise that SJC makes and then air throw me.  Matt Coma out of MD and 4r5 specifically.  I tried to keep it as close to the ground as possible, but if you're here for NEC, I'd love to meet up and test it with more than one person.  I'm not trying to dispute what you say now, just that I think the danger is there if Melty Blood decides "Hi, I'm a 12 frame input buffer."  But I won't talk paper theory, I'm glad to have some concrete answers at least.  Your vids basically got me to play the character and it fit, because there really isn't anyone else in the cast I like playing at this point.  I'd like to discuss this further, but I need to work out a few more things before I write any sort of strategy or further explanation for what's going on in that vid I posted.

f-wlen ice loop:
we've discussed this on irc!

Tarnish:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq90DWMfs4g&feature=PlayList&p=4D3EC24E16FCBEF5&index=0&playnext=1

Recorded a few matches, this would be the SRK "evaluate my play guys" type post.  Things to take note of, 4r5's main is F-Ries, and he does remarkably better with that character.  We played a set with that and I didn't bother recording, but we went even there.  Either way, shake your head in disgust accordingly.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version