hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: EX cancel  (Read 3831 times)

Offline Norborb

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • New to the game and maining Akiha
    • View Profile
EX cancel
« on: June 25, 2008, 04:35:27 PM »
I saw term this in a guide for Akiha, something about "EX cancelling" her EX 623C for some a throw set up. This was on the Akiha strategy board.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
Re: EX cancel
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:16:10 PM »
EX cancelling could mean 2 things. Most attacks you can cancel just by doing an EX and the delay will be cut off the first attack. Most attacks can be cancelled some way, but a lot of them can only cancel into EX moves. It could also mean something specific to Akiha's 623C, which is that the attack can be stopped midway and be cancelled into other moves unlike almost any other EX move. You don't have to let all the hits connect to go on doing whatever during a Akiha 623C.

Offline V-Kattou

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
Re: EX cancel
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 07:20:09 PM »
I saw term this in a guide for Akiha, something about "EX cancelling" her EX 623C for some a throw set up. This was on the Akiha strategy board.

I think you're talking about 623b, not 623c. Just guessing that the throw setup you're thinking about is the arc drive one (since Akiha doesn't have other command throws AFAIK). What this means is, that you can, before 623b hits anything (we do note want them in hitstun when going for a throw) you input the arcdrive command (41236c) which then will cancel the 623b and do arcdrive instead. This is most likely rather hard, so can take some training :teach:

I'd rather just do the arc drive as a tick throw instead since I'm too lazy to practice :psyduck: