hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Instant Air Dash question  (Read 12707 times)

Offline Norborb

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • New to the game and maining Akiha
    • View Profile
Instant Air Dash question
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:20:09 PM »
I read the forum in the "Game Mechanics Refrence Thread" on instant air dashing. From what I gathered the accepted way to do it is 6956 (or 4754 for a backwards one, assuming you are facing right.) I have been practicing it this way and I think I am starting to get it. Then I tried to do the obvious 966, I figures this would make me jumpt to high which is why the previous technique is used. But I did this and I don't really understand the difference. It was much easier and I really didn't notice a difference between the 6956 and the 699 other than that I could do the 699 much more consistantly and easily (same goes for the 744.) So why is that not considered an instan air dash.

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
Re: Instant Air Dash question
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 11:40:44 PM »
If you are fast enough it is exactly the same thing, most people find 696 easier to time.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:30:51 AM »
Technically you're doing 9656, but thats not important for the topic.  It doesn't matter how you do it, it's just what you get.  If you can get it to come out the way you want using your method, then theres no problem.  Remember, you can also do 4/6+a+b to air dash, but if you can do it fine your way you don't need it.

Offline Norborb

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • New to the game and maining Akiha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 10:43:52 AM »
Technically you're doing 9656, but thats not important for the topic.  It doesn't matter how you do it, it's just what you get.  If you can get it to come out the way you want using your method, then theres no problem.  Remember, you can also do 4/6+a+b to air dash, but if you can do it fine your way you don't need it.
Actually, I didn't know you could 4/6+a+b. That sounds much easier. How does it work if there is no second 4/6 to dash with?

Offline Draku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • sakura is a good girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »
Actually, I didn't know you could 4/6+a+b. That sounds much easier. How does it work if there is no second 4/6 to dash with?
4/6AB is a secondary dash command.

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:55:25 AM »
Just wondering, is it more efficient to do 76a+b for IAD forward than the usual 96a+b?

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 10:28:10 AM »
The only difference between the two is how far the iad will go relative to your starting position.

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 06:50:07 PM »
unless you have really fast fingers i really don't suggest using a+b to iad, if your going offense with iad, your probably gonna attack, so unless its a c attack your trying to do, you may get air countered/anti-aired

also if you mess up the a+b you may get punished(assuming your on stix)
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 06:36:18 AM »
Just double-tap the button you want to attack with.  It's not like you're going to be attacking 1 frame after the air dash anyway.  While it is true a flubbed directional air dash will generally leave you less vulnerable than a flubbed a+b air dash, why would it matter if you're "on stix"? 

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »
if your on pad i'm assuming your probably gonna be using the built-in a+b shortcut
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 02:06:41 PM »
since nobody mentioned it the strats for doing this depend on what you are using stick,pad,keyboard.
The input is always 6956 or 6596.

go to pratice mode and turn on input

if you are on keyboard, have fun you have to input that really damn fast I would suggest double tapping 6 as fast as you can and try to squeeze in the other 2 inbetween the 2 6's

on a stick just input 956, but make your 9 be a little low at first and just let it lock into position that should give you the 6 and the 9 then release and hit 6.

on a pad I have no clue because I can't play pad worth anything someone else might know a trick to doing it on pad easier.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 03:15:36 PM »
since nobody mentioned it the strats for doing this depend on what you are using stick,pad,keyboard.
if you are on keyboard, have fun you have to input that really damn fast I would suggest double tapping 6 as fast as you can and try to squeeze in the other 2 inbetween the 2 6's
It's not that hard, simply 6596 and 6956 works for me. I tap 6956.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 05:00:48 PM »
676/686 is the jp way  :teach:

6/4a+b is pretty beast too once you get the hang hitting two buttons on the same frame consistently :psyduck:.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Greyvangelist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • drive bitch im in my zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 10:20:20 AM »

It's extremely easy. Honestly, I just double tab the up+right
arrows simultaneously and it IADs perfectly.

Offline asdfqwer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 12:11:48 PM »
Just double-tap the button you want to attack with.  It's not like you're going to be attacking 1 frame after the air dash anyway.  While it is true a flubbed directional air dash will generally leave you less vulnerable than a flubbed a+b air dash, why would it matter if you're "on stix"? 

The different physics of each character makes the IAD pretty dumb to incredibly effective. Chars like sion and miyako who elevate and have a long forward dash might be fine with double-tap, but chars like warc can do devastating attacks with IAD. The faster and lower the dash the better, which means that normal double tapping won't do the trick (the char will dash over the opponent rather than right at him).

I use a+b IADs. While it does give you ridiculously fast IADs that 696 or 676 hasn't been able to pull off consistently, I do experience the problem that one mentioned above that, albeit for only a very very small time, you can't use a or b as fast as one would be with 696 or 676.

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »

It's extremely easy. Honestly, I just double tab the up+right
arrows simultaneously and it IADs perfectly.

that fails on my keyboard proably cause the way keyboards read commands, I find it funny that like every game has instant air dashing even if they didn't intended it.

Like how I surpised my friends with an instant air dash in ultimate jump stars lol 6,A,6 then spiked with lenalee for lolz.  on another note so many freken chars, and like nobody knows how to play it online 1/2 of them just spam special.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 06:08:58 PM »
Since I got rid of my PS2 pad and got a saturn pad I can do 96 "perfect" (as low as physically possible) IAD about 50% of the time, and I'm getting better.
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 12:21:24 AM »
Quote from: Zar
676/686 is the jp way  Teach

Yush.

If you do 7A+B, if you fuck up at least you go backwards.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top