hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA Full Moon Last Arcs  (Read 6422 times)

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
MBAA Full Moon Last Arcs
« on: November 01, 2008, 10:34:46 AM »
Before someone starts getting on me about this, I'm gonna say I MAY be wrong, but at the same time I can say it's quite unlikely. I've played a bit of FM, and I've found the damage to simply be really inconsistent between me playing the game and various videos. For the 2 characters I've done LAs with:

Riesbyfe: I have seen her LA hit around 5500-5700 once in a video, and a bit over 6500 in one video. The one time I got it off, it did 3500.
Mashable? Maybe, but it just doesn't seem right.

Warc: Her LA damage has been around 5500-6500 damage in various videos, just like Ries, but the one time I got it off, it did over 9000 damage. Again, it MIGHT be mashable, but I have a hard time believing that in a normal situation most players will only mash away maybe 1000 damage at most for Ries AD while the computer completely reduces it, and then have almost every player playing against Warc mash away 3000 damage never failing. It's possible, but I find it highly unlikely.

And yes, these numbers are all from Full Moon, so there's no rebeat.

Honestly, I have no idea what does cause this. But I have a few guesses. There aren't really that many factors that can actually affect LA damage that much, but it might have something to do with the strength of your guard bar, the difference between life you have/the amount of life they have left (I've seen LA finishes, but the time Ries LA did 3500 they were left with about 200 hp, and the Warc LA that did over 9000 damage left them with very low life too). It could also have something to do with the amount of time you held the shield, but I find that really unlikely as all the LAs in geesendou videos are done of instant shields while my weak Ries LA was done of a fairly long held shield and my Warc LA was done of a slightly held shield. Unless the amount of power is supposed to go up as you hold longer for the first half second then weaken after that, held shield explanation isn't right. I really don't know. There's a very limited number of factors that could be in place, since Full Moon has no rebeat, and the variance is quite big. There's gotta be something behind it.

puKKa

Re: MBAA Full Moon Last Arcs
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 11:15:53 PM »
The only thing that I can think of that would affect damage that much is if you're missing some hits.  Character defense variance could account for some of it, like Reis's going for 5500 and 6500 in another, but going from that much to 3500 is a bit of a stretch.  Reducing has even less of an effect.  Guard bar affecting the damage is my guess, but that doesn't explain 9000 damage very well...

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 12:30:00 AM »
The only thing that I can think of that would affect damage that much is if you're missing some hits.  Character defense variance could account for some of it, like Reis's going for 5500 and 6500 in another, but going from that much to 3500 is a bit of a stretch.  Reducing has even less of an effect.  Guard bar affecting the damage is my guess, but that doesn't explain 9000 damage very well...
But the problem with that is that Warc's LA is a throw where the opponent is forced to take a certain number of hits in it, and as far as I can tell so is Riesbyfe's LA. I mean you could say there was some weird thing in the 9000 damage LA that added some random extra hits at the beginning that did a few thousand and didn't prorate, but the thing is, I'd notice from the damage if that did happen and it didn't. Also it wasn't something like random extra hits are dealt because of varying character hitbox sizes, not unless Aoko now has a drastically bigger hitbox than most other characters (I remember I hit 9000 damage on Aoko, don't remember who I did the 3500 on).

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »
Sorry about the double post but I just got back from the arcade and I'm pretty sure I know mostly how it works now.

First of all, the LAs are no longer set amounts of damage, and they're all calculated by what appears to be a fairly consistent formula. I don't know if LAs that do stuff like circuit break, Roa's life drain, or Hisui's confuse. Anyways, they're based fairly linearly on how much health you have when they go off. Maybe this is only Full Moon, I don't know for sure. Oh, and Full Moon can NOT get LA off held shield. You get it off shield just because there is no ex shield, but LA will only come from a fast shield (maybe it's a bit more lenient than the ex shield timing in crescent, but definitely not held shield). It also MAY only work when your guard meter is gray or better. I mashed shield a bit and once got what seemed like a fast timed shield, but no last arc came out, and my guard bar was red.

I got off LA with Sacchin only once, and it did 7700 with a bit more than 2/3 of my health remaining. A lot more than I expected because I didn't know how it really worked, but it seems about right now.

I did LA with Nero 3 times. Once I was almost at no health, it did a little over 3000 damage. Then once with about half my health, it did 7400 to Vakiha, and once with about 60% health, which did 6800 to someone else I don't really remember (I think it was Riesbyfe).

I did LA with White Len twice. First time I had about 2/3 health left, and they had almost none, so it was an instant kill. Other time both of us had almost all our health (8500-10000 range) while and White Len LA doesn't display a damage number, but it did about 9000, probably a bit more. Oh, and it's slightly changed to where the big crack at the end actually does about 1/2 the damage of the total LA damage. Now it's not just

I did it with Neco Arc once. I was at full health. 13000+ damage, instant PA-FEKUTO-. Yes you read that right, 13000+ damage. Time for Jiyuna to go embarass some noobs.

I did it with Vsion once, should have done about 6000-7000, I had about half health. Also the animation is changed. Now she raises her arm like she's doing 623, then the screen fades to black. Both players appear out of the black, and a giant gray claw/beast thing is summoned in the background (it should be the claw of Dust of Osiris, except made out of stone). Then the claw slams into them for 1 giant hit. It doesn't display a damage number since it's 1 hit, but it was a Last Arc Finish and they had like 6000-7000 hp.

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 11:55:05 AM »
Yes you read that right, 13000+ damage.
  :prinny::slowpoke: :psyduck: :slowpoke: :psyduck: :slowpoke: :psyduck: :slowpoke: :psyduck: :slowpoke: :prinny:

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 06:48:12 PM »
I did it with Neco Arc once. I was at full health. 13000+ damage, instant PA-FEKUTO-. Yes you read that right, 13000+ damage. Time for Jiyuna to go embarass some noobs.

But he can't.

It also MAY only work when your guard meter is gray or better. I mashed shield a bit and once got what seemed like a fast timed shield, but no last arc came out, and my guard bar was red.
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »
F-W.Ren LA does next to no damage with a near full life total.  ???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_vnduQZavI 1:50

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 12:39:35 PM »
Ok I'm clueless then. It's a really weird formula. Maybe it's random.

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 02:18:40 PM »
Also, criticals, and character defense isn't consistent across all of their health either.  No idea what modifications have been made since AA, though.

~M

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 05:22:59 PM »
My best bet is that it's based on how much Blood Heat you have left. WLen did her LA immediately after she activated it and it resulted in so little damage. Of course, my theory is based on one video only since I haven't seen many videos of Full Moons using their LAs.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 11:09:44 AM »
Could also have something to do with what move is being shielded?