When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: New player  (Read 4955 times)

Offline Suiseiseki

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
New player
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:06:55 AM »
I just found out about Melty Blood a few days ago and just started playing yesterday, so I'm a little unfamiliar with all the terms and commands.  I only have the base game, no expansions, and the wiki seems to only talk about the latest expansion/version, and fails to explain which terms and commands pertain to which expansion/version.  Specifically, I'm confused on what heat, blood heat, moons, and last arcs are, but some general information too would be nice.  Thanks in advance.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
Re: New player
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 05:24:27 AM »
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Suiseiseki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 05:29:34 AM »
I get the basics, move and attack, all that, but something like the Q button, I don't know what that is, and the input controller config doesn't mention anything about it.  And how to select moons or use heats and stuff, I don't understand.

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
They can't get enough of me

Offline Suiseiseki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 07:00:23 AM »
Okay, but does this only pertain to Actress Again?  I'm not sure what was added to the expansions and versions since I just found out about this game, which is what makes the wiki somewhat less helpful.  I only have the original game.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 07:02:29 AM »
Yeah it only pertains the Actress Again, since its the latest version (for PS2). The original Melty Blood is pretty old, and its like 5 revisions behind Actress Again
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Suiseiseki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 07:08:06 AM »
Ah, well, I only have the original for the PC.  So, what all was added in that's not in the original? 

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 07:23:33 AM »
Uh there's like 8 years worth of changes, the closest version to Actress Again for PC is Act Cadenza, and even then Actress Again is almost completely different.

The original MB is so different, just grab the newest version and play that. Too many changes to list
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community