ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: TKing  (Read 7795 times)

Offline solkiskey

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
TKing
« on: January 19, 2012, 01:12:19 PM »
I've recently started to play Melty Blood seriously, and since I main Wallachia, I've been trying to master TKing (so I can use j.236A in my ground combos.) I've successfully done it.... three times! =/ Every time I try TKing a j.236A, I end up super jumping forwards instead. Am I inputting 2369A too fast or what?

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
Re: TKing
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 01:13:59 PM »
Hold 2 down for longer. Then hold it down for less and less until you can't do it anymore.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline solkiskey

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
Hold 2 down for longer. Then hold it down for less and less until you can't do it anymore.

I can pull it off consistently now. I just have to work on TKing facing left (because I can do it almost 100% of the time on the right now.)

Thank you.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »
You can also try double tapping the A button.  It's what i do during for Ryougi's 2C to 2369B. (i double tap B)
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline solkiskey

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 02:36:44 PM »
You can also try double tapping the A button.  It's what i do during for Ryougi's 2C to 2369B. (i double tap B)

Seems like it could be a good trick, but I think I'm failing at the 9 part of 2369A. When I try to TK j.236A after Wallachia's 2C, I end up jump canceling it instead. >_> Just to be precise, I'm on a keyboard.

Offline Qpunch

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • QQQQETHBETHGNRDAW%R
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 03:08:10 PM »
Your first step should be to get an arcade stick (I'm not trying to be a smartass, melty is just better on an arcade stick.)

I always make sure that I get the 2369 out completely for sure, then I hit A or whatever.
C Aoko, C Wara, C Sacchin

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 03:13:48 PM »
Eh, I can TK more consistently on a keyboard than on a stick. That's not really the problem. It's just Melty's silly buffer. If you hold 2 long enough, you can do anything. I don't play Wara, but I believe you're gonna be mainly doing it off of a 2C. Just hold that 2 and don't let go until you jump cancel the 2C to 369A.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline solkiskey

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 03:23:23 PM »
Your first step should be to get an arcade stick (I'm not trying to be a smartass, melty is just better on an arcade stick.)

I always make sure that I get the 2369 out completely for sure, then I hit A or whatever.

I believe that is entirely up to the player. I think I'm doing pretty well on a keyboard and I don't see myself getting an arcade stick any soon. Thanks for the advice, though.

@Sashi : I've sort of discovered my method, I came up with it after reading your post. Thanks!
What I do is 2C, then let go of 2 and then reinput 2369A while timing my A pretty much at the same time as 9. Seems to be working perfectly when I'm facing left, now I still have to work on TKing facing right.  :gonk:

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 04:32:12 PM »
Usually, when I mess up something repeatedly, I turn on the input display and look for what inputs to see what I miss.

Offline solkiskey

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 05:11:59 PM »
God damn it, I didn't even know it existed.  :gonk:

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 03:35:52 AM »
I mastered TKing just now.

The trick is your diretionals have to be slow, but your jump and attack have to be fast. It's strange to do because you go from slow to fast. Try this: do the 214 or 236 very calmly and then jump and attack right away.

I recorded a video for some frame reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmHJGtQUVoI
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:30:42 AM by Cristu »
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Beno~

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2012, 03:59:27 AM »
People usually drop the TK katto combos because they do the 2369a too fast after 2c. So you could hold 2 to get a feel for that timing but, once you know it, usually if you bring the stick or keyboard, in this case, back to neutral you should have a higher success rate.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2012, 04:11:44 AM »
People usually drop the TK katto combos because they do the 2369a too fast after 2c. So you could hold 2 to get a feel for that timing but, once you know it, usually if you bring the stick or keyboard, in this case, back to neutral you should have a higher success rate.
You can hold down or hold the next diretional, or distribute your holding into the two inputs (aka do it normally, but slowly). Use whats more convenient to the combo you're doing. Then jump fast and attack fast.
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2012, 06:41:46 AM »
If you get the special on the ground you pressed the button too soon.
If you get a normal early in the air you either didn't input the required directions or didn't input them fast enough.
If you get a normal on the ground your fingers aren't cooperating with your brain.  Take at least a 3 second break before trying again.  This only happens if you press the button too soon for the ground version or you completely botch it.

IIRC getting superjump means you have to delay the button press even longer before getting airborne which makes it harder.  Doing the hold 2 before doing the rest of the motion helps to not get a superjump but has no other technical effect, but the delay can help you with timing/concentration.

You don't have to do it slow/fast.  You can input the directions for the special at any speed you want that would normally work.  After the last input you need to jump, wait for jump startup, then press an attack button in the time you normally have for one input.  Doing it slow then speeding up at the end works, but you could also do the first part very fast then need to slow down for the end.  For newcomers to tking I recommend doing all of the directions fast, including jump, then slowing down for the button press by a lot.  The first several attempts usually result in a lot of jump normals due to a late button press, just keep pressing it a little bit sooner and you'll find the timing.  While it's not important in most combos this has the added benefit of allowing you to get it out sooner when you need to react to something.