hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Invalids  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
Invalids
« on: December 07, 2009, 11:28:09 PM »
I had a fight at NECX where Zaelar EX'd off an invalid combo on me, which (not to my knowledge ;_;) ran up my meter from like 120% to max.  So, this got me thinking - what exactly are the properties of invalids?  I know obviously invalids are hits where you could of done something (either block or tech), but because the defending player didn't do the aforementioned, an invalid combo/hit occurs.  How does an invalid effect circuit and proration?  How does is effect the state of each player?  What does the Frame Data look like?  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 11:30:10 PM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
Re: Invalids
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:50:13 PM »
there's a sort of infinite/loop protection in the game such that if you are comboed for a long time, after something like 30 hits your meter gain starts going up exponentially. it'd be useful if you can remember the exact situation but it's likely that he pulled off a combo that is longer than usual and would not have been  possible (i.e. as long or as many hits) without it being invalid. this is probably what gave you so much meter.
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 11:50:54 PM »
Invlaids just let you know you coudlve teched at some point and make you feel dumb. Zaelars EX hiero probably brought the combo meter above 30 (since it does like 30 by itself), at which point the person being comboed gains a massive amount of meter. you can generally see this in combo vids.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 02:11:10 AM »
I'm guessing 214c, 236c otg.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 09:16:05 AM »
Yeah it ran 44 hits.  Thanks for clearing that up. 
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.