hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Flame Pit - can someone explain its uses  (Read 3487 times)

Offline spoonz

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Flame Pit - can someone explain its uses
« on: May 17, 2007, 02:06:58 PM »
I'm pretty much new to MBAC and I've been watching a lot of vids to try and understand the game. I've noticed that normally after a corner loop or knockdown, some people use the Flame Pit (22C). Can someone explain to me the use of this move, and how to use it effectively.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Flame Pit - can someone explain its uses
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 04:41:04 PM »
Well the flame pit drains life and circuit and gives your OTG strings a lot more significance. Also if you ignite it, it has several uses. If it catches them on fire, you can get a combo. It can bring them closer to you if they block it on the ground and if they block it in the air, you can throw out a 5C (air unblockable) and have another combo opportunity.

Basically, it's awesome pressure. Also Akiha Vermillion's 22C lasts for 30 seconds versus Akiha Tohno's 10 seconds. After a few seconds, the flame pit will start draining life, healing Akiha Vermillion.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:46:05 PM by Dakanya »
thundering waterfalls

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 05:07:30 PM »
Akiha Vermillion's 22C lasts for 30 seconds versus Akiha Tohno's 10 seconds. After a few seconds, the flame pit will start draining life, healing Akiha Vermillion.

What's the use behind Akiha's flame pit, then?

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 06:02:38 PM »
Akiha Vermillion's 22C lasts for 30 seconds versus Akiha Tohno's 10 seconds. After a few seconds, the flame pit will start draining life, healing Akiha Vermillion.

What's the use behind Akiha's flame pit, then?

Besides the uses that Dakanya talked about, of draining life and circuit, regular Akiha's flame pit is mainly used for the ignition.  Since V. Akiha's EX flamepit lasts much longer, V. Akiha will usually make more of an effort to try to keep them pinned down on the pit, but Akiha usually just does some blockstring into the flame pit ignition(22C again), which gives her huge frame advantage on block.  If they jump and get forced to block the ignition in the air, she gets the sexy unblockable, and if they decide to stay blocking on the ground, then Akiha gets to do her 50/50 mixup(2A vs TK j.2C) while opponent is still in blockstun from the pit ignition.
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY