When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: V Akiha Strategy Thread  (Read 11569 times)

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
V Akiha Strategy Thread
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:45:40 AM »
Wasn't there one here before? I can post stuff, but I'm not really sure if I can be considered qualified to teach others  ???
I heard anime expo isn't going to be that good this year...

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
Re: V Akiha Strategy Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 05:07:58 AM »
There was, but the guy that wrote it had horribly botched spelling and stuff. It was painful to read.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 05:16:40 AM »
Oh haha, I'm glad its gone then, but it certainly feels empty around here! I guess I can post a little bit. Also, damn, you are up late!

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 09:39:13 AM »
I would post one but i dont have any valid information to do so ; ;, Its hard to get info on a character that apperantly nobody plays or knows anything about X_X

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 12:07:49 PM »
Almost all of AkaAkiha's matchups goes a little something like this:

"You use your advantage in movement to run around and when you either hit a aerial bird or something at random and then you rush your opponent down like hell. And if you are caught, you die." At least if you listen to what Satoken says...

But she has alot of rushdownpatterns and setups that someone should go through. I have helped one guy here in Sweden that is learning AkaAkiha but I didn't translate that information so thoroughly so... Somebody else? Preferably someone who plays her  :V

Tough the knockdown -> IAD Aerial Bird -> AD/AAD-setup is hellacool. You can see it in the new-stages-vids.
ワルク:あはははは!!

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 02:25:45 PM »
I wrote up a basic guide thing over at SRM, Guide.  I'm not very good at the game nor do I understand many things but I figured I could update this as I learn more, also I'd like to add frame data but I don't know where to find it, if someone could point me to it that would be great or maybe i can drag it out of Veteru when he's not busy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 03:30:48 PM by Animeruko »

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 11:50:14 PM »
Haha, well, I play her! I am suprised I am the only one, but I kind of like it that way  :toot:

I'll make some copy pasta with your guide animeruko because from the little skimming I did it seems pretty decent, and I'll try to throw in a little bit of what I've learned playing her.

Offline Coddfish

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 12
    • View Profile
    • Gatotsu
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 12:46:47 AM »
I stumbled upon a pretty good guide at World of Eternity.
http://efz.proboards36.com/index.cgi?board=mb&action=display&thread=1156809351

That is currently my bible.

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 05:02:42 PM »
Haha, the V. Akiha guide I wrote up linked in the previous post is kinda outdated now, though some of the strategies still work(all of the combos should still work too).  There's a lot of information that I didn't cover that the new school of thought Vermillion Akiha players are doing nowadays(like double OTG) since I can't even do most of that stuff myself.  I guess if I decide to pick up V. Akiha seriously again(unlikely) I'll update the guide.

Anyway, this wouldn't be complete without a half assed description of V. Akiha's playstyle.  Basically, learn to block well, as V. Akiha is in a world of pain everytime she gets hit.  Master the three different TKs(2367a, 2368a, 2369a) and when to use them; since it's V. Akiha, 2368A is probably gonna be the most frequently used one.  V. Akiha totally beasts in the corner, so learn all the different methods and combos to get your opponent into the corner as quickly as possible, like, using 623C in combos or doing the 5BB IAD j.BC turnaround combo to get your opponent BACK into the corner when the situation arises.  Master the 623B corner loop, as without it, her normal BNB damage is really pathetic.  Do tk j.22C at the end of every single 623B loop combo you land, and remember that V. Akiha's 22C lasts much longer than Akiha's, so you want to keep them on the flamepit for as long as possible instead of what regular Akiha usually does, doing a blockstring into flamepit ignition.  Learn V. Akiha's OTG finishers off her aircombo ending with j.C, do them when you have 22C set up, and learn the different methods to tech punish it.  In blockstrings, remember that V. Akiha's 5C is a frame faster and 2C is a frame slower than regular Akiha's, making 5C that much better in staggering strings and punishing people who try to jump out.  And finally, normals of interest; remember that j.C is her best jumpin, with crossup hitboxes, her 6C is an overhead and is dash cancellable on hit, and 2B is just good in general with its clash frames.
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 05:45:19 AM »
I was wondering are there any match videos of american V Akiha players?

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 02:44:11 PM »
No, because there are none. :V
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 11:34:16 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPk2UhbpE2A

This match has me using Akiha Vermillion, though I suck really badly with her.  Hopefully it'll be helpful, though?
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline Coddfish

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 12
    • View Profile
    • Gatotsu
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 01:31:36 AM »
From watching that vid, and replaying my own matches in my head, the biggest holes in my game are blocking and execution.

Training mode, HOOOO!

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 07:20:56 PM »
There's the me vs you stuff Ruko.

Also there are old Vakiha dittos from January of XAQShinor vs me, but they aren't that good. >_>
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 09:04:27 PM »
I'd suggest refraining from using netplay matches for source material. :V
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 12:28:15 AM »
I'd suggest refraining from using netplay matches for source material. :V
Spesificly LK vs me our matches are ok, there wasnt any lagg.  There is no difference between 60FPS at FS1 and playing the game normaly on a single PC.

LK, I dont have our match replays anymore to review them ; ; Plus i mainly want to see AC vids since her play is alittle diferent in AC than FT.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 05:02:38 PM »
That's fine then. Although FT is a bit outdated it should give a reasonable understanding of her fundamentals.

I'd play V. Akiha if 1) I had the execution and 2) I didn't feel so demoralized after losing 50%+ life from a single bnb. :'(
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 11:32:03 PM »
You shouldn't worry toomuch about losing 50% to one bnb though, V's bnb's do just about the same to others for the most part  unless you are facing Akiha ; ;.  Execution wise she isn't that bad in AC especially if you play on a stick her OTG's and such are all allot easier and her 623b loops as well as far as timing goes on AC that is.  The hard stuff is like double OTG but i don't think thats all that important to her play.

V Akiha only has like 3 Combos and everything else she has is a variation of them, She does have other little things here and there but they aren't so difficult that you would need to worry about executing them.

Her basic combo 5C 4C 2C 5B5B J.AB J.ABC you can open with whatever you want 2A 5A 2B, Thats her basic bnb. Then theres her 2C 623B Loop, Thats her basic loop bnb.  Then theres her OTG and other than those 2 basics almost everything else she has is a variation of combinations of the both basic combos. Her important stuff isn't hard at all ... though i know OTG is pretty hard but its not something you'd use all the time. When you pick her appart she doesn't really seem all that intimidating to pickup, The difficult thing about V Akiha is the experience vs all characters.

But then agian i'm a noob, There is probably some ultra difficult amazing gamebreaking thing i dont know yet  :'(

Offline sleepy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 09:33:10 PM »
with vakiha you should probably stick with lots of low game and small air oki, also learn that tk flametounge. basically with vakiha I would think it's best to just make sure your 2a and 2c's hit, learn the basic combos to force your opponent into the corner.

the only one I know to force corners really is, 2c 5bb *delay* j.ab airdash (to change your direction) dj.c

Learning her otgs could be her hard part, to do them properly, pick up those shadow and satoken videos to really see what you like. (satoken's also covers for any techs because of the flametounge).

One big thing, learn how to force corners with 623c, I know there are quite a few options with that relative to flame pit setups and also, 2c 623b. Vakiha's mobility covers her lack of hp a lot, the only reason why she's not as preferable to more american gamers is because more americans wouldn't be as comfortable with her IAD's and double air dash.

this is just an assumption from me watching all these vakiha vids, but do yourself a favor and go here to watch satoken vs kubo casuals (ver B arcade)
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=kubo0055&p=r&page=2

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 01:19:51 PM »
Ive never actually tryed it ... but is VAkiha's 2C as good as Akiha's 2C as anti-air?

oddly enough i dont ever remeber myself being in a position to be able to try using it as an aa then again i havent really played V vs anyone.

I'm also kinda curious, when im in a corner ill try to biad over 2b's and 2c's for jc into a side swap combo, should i even be doing this is there anyhting better should i biad 236a intead or just block and wait?

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 09:47:32 AM »
Since I'm stuck in the stone age, there really isn't much I can do but wait for the PC release. mbac on ps2 felt very stiff and dmg calculations were a bit different from what I saw playing a few times at school.

Anyways, a lot of the videos I've seen don't use that side swap at all. No clue to why though, dashing across the entire screen seems less efficient to me. That and it looks neat XD
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 01:49:58 PM »
I like those side swap combos, they are like free otg too, I dont know why they dont use them more often either.

Nomatter how i look at it combo + otg + you out of the corner and them back in the corner  is > than what you usualy se hapening in videos ... maybe the side swap doesnt work in the newer version or something.

Offline sorja1

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 03:21:16 PM »
Hi all, new player from toronto here, there are not as many mbac players in my area so i figure id come here.
the new side swap combos does work in the newer version btw.

Offline siegfried

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • BANG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 04:35:53 AM »
do i have to use side swap even if the enemy knows that i will do it or just stand and wait for a chance
Tensetstu no YUJI!!!