When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: combo help.  (Read 4658 times)

Offline Satsujinki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • 月を穿つ
    • View Profile
combo help.
« on: November 02, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=462e6cxXMN8

how the hell does he do some of these combos?

the one at 1:05 completely perplexes me can anyone get me an idea of what this guys combo setup is?

it dosent look very practical. but it still confuses me on how he did it.

on another note can someone explain to me how i can properly work through the QCB+B wallbounce combos with nanaya?
COURAGE CAN TURN 1% INTO 100%

Offline Tare

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
Re: combo help.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »
After a launcher into 623C, it is possible to relaunch your opponent. You just have to watch the timing. In this case he just uses 5A > 5C follow up after the launch. Im actually not sure if it's possible to 5A 5C launch every character in the game due to hitboxes though. About the 214B into the wall as well. It's all just timing because in both scenerios you actually recover before your opponent can tech out.

Offline Satsujinki

• Spellcaster
  • 月を穿つ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 08:22:43 PM »
is there any recommended methods for learning the timing? it seems pretty difficult without a guideline.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 10:18:56 PM »
You can't use 5A on everyone. I actually had some notes somewhere of who it worked on and who it did not, but either I lost them or they became reclassified. I'm not sure which.

You want to use 5A when you can, as it gives you an extra frame to link after the 623C. I would suspect that midscreen 623C 5AC only works on Wala (or anyone else with a hueg hitbox). 2A in the corner works against everyone, though.

As for any hints to learning the timing... there really are not any. You just have to learn the visual cues for it. You do want to delay the cancel from 5C/5B into 623C a touch, to give yourself an extra frame to land it. 623C 2A is a 2-frame link, and 623C 5A is a 3-frame link. Same timing, but you have an extra frame late on 5A since it is a frame faster.

As an aside, you want to do 2C5B 623C whenever possible instead of 2C5C, as it does more damage.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Satsujinki

• Spellcaster
  • 月を穿つ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:57:02 AM »
thanks appreciate the help :D

Offline Satsujinki

• Spellcaster
  • 月を穿つ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 05:14:16 PM »
im still having trouble, when should i cancel into the 2a or 5a in the middle of 214 B or 623 B/C??

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 07:49:06 PM »
You're not canceling the moves at all. You're doing the 2A or 5A after it completely recovers.

The timing is just hard, and in the instance of 214B the spacing is really strict too (Nanaya has to end up near the corner, right when they hit the wall).
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Satsujinki

• Spellcaster
  • 月を穿つ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 08:03:32 PM »
well i was pretty sure i wasn't getting any cancels in. because as you said, the spacing when i am allowed to do so is really small, if it really is all timing its really irritating, haha.