When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Custom sticks?  (Read 2009 times)

Offline x__gunslinger

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Custom sticks?
« on: May 24, 2008, 11:49:39 AM »
I apologize if this question has been as before, but how does one go about making a custom stick.  I've never made one before and I don't even know where to begin.  Is there a guide somewhere that could teach someone like me (someone with no experience or knowledge whatsoever) to make a custom stick.

Also how much would it cost to make a custom stick?

or am I just better off buying a stick online?

Thanks for the responses.

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
Re: Custom sticks?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 11:10:04 PM »
I dont know howmuch it would cost you to make but there are people out there who do them for about 200+ and they are really good quality too.  I think parts cost is something like 100 or so including shipping.

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 12:56:21 AM »
it depends on what tools you have, obviously with alot of useful power tools the better stix you can make

usually its about 50-60 for buttons/stix. Using this tutorial where you don't have a router http://slagcoin.com/joystick/example3.html its about $30 for wood.
Then you have to primer, sand, then paint (bout $6-10)
and other small supplies i might have missed out on (imma guess $10)
so your looking at around $96.00-$120 to build your own custom. Looking at that you can say that multi's customs are really cheap

that website i posted also has amazing information for knowing about building stix
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 09:39:38 PM »
it depends on what tools you have, obviously with alot of useful power tools the better stix you can make

usually its about 50-60 for buttons/stix. Using this tutorial where you don't have a router http://slagcoin.com/joystick/example3.html its about $30 for wood.
Then you have to primer, sand, then paint (bout $6-10)
and other small supplies i might have missed out on (imma guess $10)
so your looking at around $96.00-$120 to build your own custom. Looking at that you can say that multi's customs are really cheap

that website i posted also has amazing information for knowing about building stix

The sight Twinniss linked is a fantastic resource, very useful for finding well... a lot of useful shit, To buy the arcade parts I'd suggest procuring them from www.lizardlickamusements.com the prices are fair, he ships out fast, and he's very responsive with customers (I tried using ponyboy, I seriously don't like going through him.)
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.