ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Poll

Do you have a SRK account?

Yes
39 (88.6%)
No
5 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Do you have a SRK account?  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN!
  • Magic Circuits: 24
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
Do you have a SRK account?
« on: February 02, 2010, 12:30:23 PM »
Although I fear it may be too late to try this (since voting for the last Evo game ends Saturday), I figured I'd try anyways.  If any of you have been keeping up with the Evo situation, you'll know that Evo staff has decided to allow people from the Soul Calibur community (8wayrun) register new accounts on SRK just so that they may vote for their game.  Right now, new accounts are not able to vote in that poll in order to prevent account/vote spam and inflation.  Unfortunately, communities that would have voted for MB (or rather any respective forum community for their choice game), such as MeltyBread and Dustloop, were excluded from such treatment.  I believe it's unfair that 8wayrun gets special treatment under the assumption that their members do not already have an existing SRK account, when it's just as likely that communities such as DL and MB do not have a SRK account either.

Please vote honestly, as dishonesty will get this effort and the community's effort to get MB into Evo as an official game will get the community nowhere.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:11:52 AM by Spirit Juice »
<kijea> Nerina
<kijea> can i play sex with you

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have a SRK account?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 12:32:11 PM »
I wouldn't have a SRK account if I hadn't made one last year to buy a fighting stick; hadn't used the account since and if I didn't have it I"d be screwed
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
I had my first SRK account in '04 (ndw13 zar) a bit before I got into the earlier PC versions of MB and played them very casually as I was balls-deep into 2I/3S at the time (and continued so for about 3 more years after).

I owe much to the SRK forums because had it not been for them I wouldn't have been able to feed my passion for mainstream (cvs2,3s) and poverty (tmnttf, doujins) fighters alike. I would have also been denied the chance to speak/chat with some of the "founding fathers" of the US Melty Blood community: Bellreisa, Psylocke, Dippy, Linalys, Ikusat, Veteru and of course the man responsible for launching EC's 5-man MB scene, Sp00ky.

In '06 I managed to magically forget my account info and decided to create another account (zee tee bee) because I love SRK that much =/. Since then, I've been rocking the same handle, playing and contributing to the same poor/quality games and still going strong with my focus now geared toward Melty of course. Despite playing MB as my primary game, I still frequent SRK as thread topics have expanded in variety since 2004. More fighters overall (AH, MB, ABK, VP, MK, SFEX, etc) are getting a bit more exposure, promoting from their respected community leaders and of course more unnecessary hate from biased (capcom) gamers - but I'll take what I can get because some publicity is better than blahblah, you know. Lastly, SRK holds the greatest thread in existence...The TMNT Tournament Fighters Thread (SNES) and as long as it's there getting bumped every 6mths, I'll still be a member of one of the greatest FG forums ever!

Long story short: my shit is legit, SRK is a good site when people aren't hating on other communities, fighting games own every other game genre in existence, and vote MB for EVO'10 if you play/like the damn game.

peas

~Zar The Biscuit

(there goes my nero 666 status  :'( )
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:22:19 PM by FATALPILLAR! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »
only had an SRK account because im in the habbit of making accounts on forums that i spend more then 3 hours on.

I DID play SF4 since SF was the only fighter with a SCENE around these parts for a long time till BB came out and got people interested in shit other then capcom. Ergo, i made a SRK account since i was looking at Gief shit.

Never posted there once until this vote started, never needed to.
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »
I think most Melty players do have SRK accounts interestingly enough. Doesn't change the fact that the 8wayrun exception thing is retarded is hell but whatever I don't think SCIV has a chance of winning and the dishonest votes from 8wayrun members can't add up to too much and now people will start ripping on SCIV voters instead/too. :toot:

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:24:34 PM »
I had an old SRK back in like 2005 and forgot what it was, then I made another one in 2008. Never posted on either of them, but I already voted the day the poll came out. Outside gameplay/character threads too much of SRK spends their time shitting on each other.

8WayRun being able to make accounts specifically for voting is complete bullshit and opens the floodgates on letting other forums do the same or not. Honestly if this does end up getting SCIV the win expect rioting from all sides.

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 11:37:09 PM »
Ok I guess it's time for my story

I made my SRK account back in late '07 for my interest in Arcana Heart -- which had a short-lived run lol.  I mainly posted in the old AH thread and the Columbus, OH regional thread.  And then in '08 I made my MBread account during Final Round and posted in the results thread once.  I logged into MBread like once after that, then much more frequently with the release of MBAA.

I'm not the type to do something like duplicate votes so no worries there.  I do think, however, that the EVO 2010 thread on SRK is ridiculous.  Which is why I made my one vote, subscribed to the thread, and let the good times roll  :prinny:
<LegendaryBlueShirt> Lol poverty plane would be paper mache wings on a car

<LoliSauce> If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 03:14:27 AM »
Already voted, signed up in 05 because you had to to sign up for evo2k5. There's my story.
what the fuck is this game

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 03:23:31 AM »
what is this, storytime?? why you do this scott.

i signed up in '07 to use the trading outlet to get a custom stick
thundering waterfalls

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN!
  • Magic Circuits: 24
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 11:11:23 AM »
I didn't ask for story time; people just decided to tell them.

Anyways, I think this thread has served its purpose.
<kijea> Nerina
<kijea> can i play sex with you