When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Main Page wiki  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
Main Page wiki
« on: May 27, 2009, 07:27:47 PM »
Guess, Ill put what I have up too:

http://mbaaps2.pbworks.com/

Would be nice if others could look out for my "engish" or any improvements I could make
They can't get enough of me

Offline Yotsuyoru

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Main Page wiki
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:55:15 PM »
Skimming through it I picked up some very minor things under System/New Elements, "Nasu Kinono" should be "Nasu Kinoko" and for consistency "Toono" -> "Tohno".  Style Select on "Crescent" Moon has a "Appart" and... with the "it is close the the same feel as up until now" sentence, I'm guessing one "the" is actually "to" in disguise, but probably requires a little more elaboration on "same feel" as an improvement.  Common Techniques has "Gaurd" -> "Guard".

Not very important stuffs, probably a little more, but everything looks solid 'nuff so far.

edit: o wait greater help is on the way  :V
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 10:25:08 PM by Yotsuyoru »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:59:52 PM »
Ah, so this is basically an english mirror of the official site?  Good deal, I'll give it a run through and note any corrections I think should be made and why.  Sorry in advance for the massive post.  

Edit-
I won't be even looking at the character movelists, since I don't know the move names to correct if you've made any misspellings or anything.  Also, there are a plethora of random extra spaces (as in, two spaces between words instead of one) in the character profiles that I'm not going to bother mentioning.

Topics Page

Quote from: original
There are videos focusing on the new chacters, like Ryougi Shiki as well as Riesbyfe and Roa that will be joining the cast of Actress Again.
Quote from: fixed
There are videos focusing on the new characters, like Reisbyfe and Roa as well as Ryougi Shiki which will be joining the cast of Actress Again.
-Characters is misspelled
-Reorganizing the characters' order makes more sense in the structure of the sentence, as Ryougi is the character who will be joining the cast of MBAA

Introduction of the special edition for release date, it will be release with the normal version August 20th.
Introduction of the special edition's release date.  It will be releasing with the normal version August 20th.
-Just general grammar cleaning

Also, from Ecole's shop, "MELTY BLOOD Direct," requests for [MELTY BLOOD Direct Limited Edition], which comes with a the new telephone card attached from May 4th.
Also, starting May 4th in Ecole's shop, "MELTY BLOOD Direct," requests for [MELTY BLOOD Direct Limited Edition] will come with the new telephone card attached.
-If I understand correctly, by "from May 4th" you meant "starting from May 4th", so I changed that and moved it around to the beginning for ease of reading.
-Everything else is just grammar fixing

In the April 17th edition of the weekly Famitsu, in a MELTY BLOOD Actress Again an article inserted.
In the April 17th edition of the weekly Famitsu, there is a MELTY BLOOD Actress Again article.
-From what I can tell, this is just bringing notice to the fact that an article either was or will be in the April 17th, so this simplifies the sentence

Along with a complete port of the arcade version, PS2 balanced and tuned "PS2 Mode" will be added.
Along with a complete port of the arcade version, the newly balanced and tuned "PS2 Mode" will be added.
-Less redundant

System > Style Selection Page

A speed style focused on combos and manuverability. Shield can be held out for protection and reverse beating is possible. Appart from having one move with long reach, it is close the the same feel as up until now.
A speed style focused on combos and maneuverability. Shield can be held out for protection and reverse beating is possible. Apart from having one move with long reach, it is close to the same feel as the previous games.
-Maneuverability and Apart were misspelled
-I think the last sentence sounds a little more natural like this, but it's not really that big of a change

This style can charge meter by holding the attack buttons symultaniously. shield counters are possible, and with in full moon. as of they are different characters, there are character with altered abilities ...?
This style can charge meter by holding the attack buttons simultaneously.  Shield counters are possible.  Characters in Full Moon will have altered abilities, as if they were a separate character.
-Simultaneously was misspelled
-I think I fixed that seriously awkward last sentence without losing it's original meaning.  Correct me if I misunderstood.

With simplified parts, a style focused on the middle grounds from the others.
With simplified parts, it is a style focused on the middle ground between the others.
-Grammar fixing.  No big deal

When the gauge is maxed it will automaticaly enter heat. During heat, if an attack is recieved auto-spark is activated. Easy to manage but becuase it is simplified, attention is needed on its modus operandi.
When the gauge is maxed it will automatically enter heat. During heat, if an attack is received, auto-spark is activated. Easy to manage, but because it is simplified, attention is needed on its modus operandi.
-Automatically, received, and because were misspelled
-General grammar fixing

System > Common Techniques Page

* This mapping is for when casing right / This is the default setting. It is possible to adjust the buttons.
* This mapping is for when facing right with the default setting. It is possible to adjust the buttons.
-Facing is misspelled
-I put two sentences into one, since it sounds a little less redundant this way

System > New Elements Page

From Nasu Kinono's original work, "Kara no Kyoukai," the main character from the series, Ryougi Shiki, will participate in this battle. Possessing the eyes of death perception like Toono Shiki, the battle between the two is a must see. There remains more unknown characters.
Ryougi Shiki, the main character from Nasu Kinoko's original work, "Kara no Kyoukai," will participate in this battle. Possessing the eyes of death perception like Tohno Shiki, the battle between the two is a must see. There remains more unknown characters.
-Rearranged the first sentence to need less commas, lol
-Tohno fixed to match with the current romanization

It is possible to choose from the arcade version ver. A and the PS2 balanced version character potentials.
It is possible to choose from the arcade version A or the PS2 version's character balance.
-Removed the double version to prevent redundancy
-Altered the end of the sentence a little, but you can change it back if you think it doesn't fit as well

Characters Page

R.Aruceid
R.Arcueid
-Misspelled name

T.Sion
V.Sion
-Debatable fix, as her original name is Tatari Sion.  Generally the English crowd knows her as V.Sion though.

N.Arc
Neco
-To prevent confusion, as the English audience knows her as Neco much more than N.Arc.

Characters > Sion Page

Several years ago she participated in the subjugation of the Vampire Tatari, however failed.
Several years ago she participated in the subjugation of the Vampire Tatari, however failed.
-Participated was misspelled

Characters > V.Sion Page

She is suppose to haved changed already, but because Sion fears this she keeps maintains her composure at all times.
She is suppose to have changed already, but because Sion fears this, she maintains her composure at all times.
-Have misspelled
-Keeps removed to prevent redundancy

Characters > R.Arc Page

Due to the infuence of the [Tatari], Red Arcueid is the materialization of Arcueid overflowing vampiric impules.
Due to the infuence of the [Tatari], Red Arcueid is the materialization of Arcueid's overflowing vampiric impules.
-Grammar fixing

Characters > Akiha Page

Akiha carrys the role of monitoring the other mixed blood individuals in her surroundings.
Akiha carries the role of monitoring the other mixed blood individuals in her surroundings.
-Carries was misspelled
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 11:30:38 PM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 11:11:51 PM »
Update in this thread when you put up more content, so myself or others can check through it.  Hope my shit was helpful.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 04:56:06 AM »
:O
E-Excellent.

Much appreciated 
They can't get enough of me