When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAC Ver.B PC  (Read 85440 times)

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
Re: MBAC Ver.B PC
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2007, 08:11:27 PM »
no prob!~  I don't remember that pop-up, though!

I'm also trying to figure out how to get to Mecha Neco Arc Chaos G666!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 08:18:10 PM by Mailorder »

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2007, 08:12:50 PM »
for those using the pelican ps3 to usb adaptor-

where are you mapping the Start Button to?

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2007, 08:25:44 PM »
for those using the pelican ps3 to usb adaptor-

where are you mapping the Start Button to?
The select button.. Yeah, for some odd reason it doesn't recognize the start button in-game on the HRAP2 (it does in the game controller control panel though >_>).

It's not like you need both start and select anyways.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2007, 11:10:47 PM »
So I take it everyone here grabbed the regular edition?

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2007, 11:19:54 PM »
I started Arcade Mode with Neco Arc Chaos for the first time and got a dialogue where he says HD DVD or something.  Then Kohaku / Dr. Chin shows up and says shinbun, shinbun... (newspaper).

Then I accidentally closed MBAC.

And when I started up Arcade Come with Neco Arc Chaos again, I didn't get the dialogue.  Instead he gave a monologue.  Did I miss something?

Press and hold D when you start with Neco Arc Chaos in Arcade Mode (I think you should hold it until after you choose his color). Well, that's sorta what I did after remembering that fighting against G.Akiha required the same process.

Edit: If you used him previously in Arcade Mode, move the cursor on another character, then go back to Chaos. THEN press and hold D to choose Neco Arc Chaos, and hold it until after you choose his color, otherwise it doesn't work. Finishing this story also unlocks Giant Chaos 666 mode as a separate mode similar to Giant Akiha Attack mode in Final Tuned, except it actually shows up on the menu. Continuing if you lose doesn't seem to affect getting it at all, it seems. :slowpoke:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 12:29:43 AM by Pikachu_Fragger »
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline VManOfMana

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 29, 2007, 06:48:02 AM »
So I take it everyone here grabbed the regular edition?

I ordered the limited edition.  I think Jyuunishi/MSong also did.

I'll post up pictures when it arrives.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2007, 09:34:17 AM »
I started Arcade Mode with Neco Arc Chaos for the first time and got a dialogue where he says HD DVD or something.  Then Kohaku / Dr. Chin shows up and says shinbun, shinbun... (newspaper).

Then I accidentally closed MBAC.

And when I started up Arcade Come with Neco Arc Chaos again, I didn't get the dialogue.  Instead he gave a monologue.  Did I miss something?

Press and hold D when you start with Neco Arc Chaos in Arcade Mode (I think you should hold it until after you choose his color). Well, that's sorta what I did after remembering that fighting against G.Akiha required the same process.

Edit: If you used him previously in Arcade Mode, move the cursor on another character, then go back to Chaos. THEN press and hold D to choose Neco Arc Chaos, and hold it until after you choose his color, otherwise it doesn't work. Finishing this story also unlocks Giant Chaos 666 mode as a separate mode similar to Giant Akiha Attack mode in Final Tuned, except it actually shows up on the menu. Continuing if you lose doesn't seem to affect getting it at all, it seems. :slowpoke:

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2007, 01:02:07 PM »
I've done a bit of testing and I can confirm a couple things about PS3 sticks for this game:

-The HRAP3 will work great out-of-the-box.  Just like in any other PC app.  Simply the best PS3 stick option that'll also function on a PC.
-The VSHG, surprisingly, also works swimmingly out-of-the-box.  A quirk of this stick, if used on a PC, is that the stick input will be read as POV/hat input.  Interestingly enough, MBAC Ver.B will read POV input just like axis input, so there's no need for something like joy2key, which is an often-required work-around for other programs.

I have a HFS3 available to me, so I'll test it out later and get back to you peoples.  In general, don't get this stick if you want to make sure you get something that'll work on PC.  All the driver options I've tried have never worked on any system I've tested.

I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but I think the VSHG feels a bit more sensitive than the HRAP3 in MBAC.  I'll get more hands-on time with my friend's HRAP3 w/Sanwa buttons soon and try to verify.

If anyone is considering either the HRAP3 or VSHG, here are a few things to think about:
-The HRAP3 will work better with games other than Ver.B.  Unless all you'll do is play in MAME.  In which case, either stick will be just as good.
-The HRAP3 has Sanwa stick and Hori buttons.  It's a generally accepted practice to swap the buttons with Sanwas for the genuine JP arcade feel.  The procedure is made simple by quick disconnects, so it's not hard, but it is still an extra expense on a stick that's already more expensive than the VSHG.
-The VSHG is cheaper overall and has entirely Sanwa parts.  It is also harder to get because it is, from what I gather, the preferred stick for PS3.
-If anyone has played on any prior HRAP or the Tekken 5 stick, you'll know the basic feel of a HRAP3.  The VSHG feels overall more solid and substantial.  The case is slightly smaller than the HRAP3, but it is heavier.

Either way you can't go wrong with either stick.  I personally have a VSHG and I'm thinking of ordering a HRAP3 & Sanwa buttons soon.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 02:13:34 PM by Tsubasa »
-Tsubasa

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2007, 01:09:57 PM »
the POV hat quiry is also on the XB360 controller, but also works on mbac right out of the box..

i'm using the T5 US stick, which works just fine except for the start button. Map it to Select instead...

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2007, 06:06:03 PM »
I've done a bit of testing and I can confirm a couple things about PS3 sticks for this game...

Are either the HRAP3 or the VSHG backwards compatible with the PS2? I thought I read somewhere (Most likely on the Hori website) that the HFS3 is not so I was just curious about these two.

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2007, 06:56:53 PM »
I've done a bit of testing and I can confirm a couple things about PS3 sticks for this game...

Are either the HRAP3 or the VSHG backwards compatible with the PS2? I thought I read somewhere (Most likely on the Hori website) that the HFS3 is not so I was just curious about these two.
If you're asking whether they're usable on a PS2 console, no, none of them work.  All PS3 sticks are USB.  And although PS2s have USB ports on front, USB peripherals need to be supported in-software.

If you're asking whether they're usable on the PS3 playing PS2 games: yes.  Although this is a bit sketchy because the last few firmware updates have been fixing and breaking compatibility of these sticks with PS2 games.
-Tsubasa

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2007, 08:51:33 PM »
Hmm, that puts me in a tough spot then, I was hoping to be able to snag a decent (Read: cheap) stick that I can play cross platform between the PS2 and PC. I guess I might have to give that dream up though.

Thanks for the info.

Offline Grave

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2007, 11:07:05 PM »
Anyone else running this on Vista? Works fine as-is, but 1.01 crashes at the vs. screen. Not sure what the deal is.  :mystery:

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2007, 12:47:37 AM »
Anyone else running this on Vista? Works fine as-is, but 1.01 crashes at the vs. screen. Not sure what the deal is.  :mystery:

The problem might lie in the fact that Vista uses DirectX 10, and 1.01 changes the rendering of MB to DX9. There may be an incompatibility issue. Anyone tried to set Windows compatibility in the exe file properties to a different setting?

Offline Grave

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2007, 01:45:38 AM »

The problem might lie in the fact that Vista uses DirectX 10, and 1.01 changes the rendering of MB to DX9. There may be an incompatibility issue. Anyone tried to set Windows compatibility in the exe file properties to a different setting?

Er, no... I don't have a DX10 compatible card, so it's still DX9. Good call on testing the compatibility settings... I'm going to make a copy of the folder and try to patch it and see if I can't make it work.

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2007, 08:19:33 AM »
i have a setup running vistahome prem with a geforce 8800gtx, no problems here.

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »
Hmpf. I'm getting weird 10sec black screen delays between loading screen and actual round start. Any ideas on how to fix that?

And woot, my copy finally arrived:

There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Escobar

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • B.O.B.B.Y. D.I.G.I.T.A.L.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »
Nice...is that the regular edition? I still have no clue if there's any difference to the limited edition other than the OSTs. I'd know but it just so happens I missed my delivery this morning T_T...

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2007, 02:12:32 PM »
Limited. Box contained just the OST and the game. Currently converting the music in mp3 format...so can't say if it is any good or not.
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2007, 02:18:48 PM »
Limited. Box contained just the OST and the game. Currently converting the music in mp3 format...so can't say if it is any good or not.
I got the ripped tracks off share. Only a few of the tracks were noticeably changed including Len's, Aoko's, and one other stage. Although I haven't really taken a close listen to them all yet.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2007, 02:51:40 PM »
Well my copy arrived in the mail today, problem is I'm stuck at work! Ahhhh, I want to play! Oh yea, does the OST have the character sounds like the original Melty Blood OST (Promised Dawn) had?

...Wow I just noticed that Play-Asia is already sold out of the Limited Edition copys. Man that went fast...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:01:53 PM by Devereaux »

Offline Grave

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »

Then again, the game stills reports my DirectX version as 10, 9 doesn't seem to want to reinstall (but yes, it's there), and XP compatibility mode just doesn't work, period. I am baffled and frustrated! It's only the screen before a fight, though... nothing else seems to set it off.

Here's hoping I'm not the only one having this problem, and that the others are Japanese and whine a lot so we get another patch.  :V

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2007, 03:21:15 PM »
Damn, mine hasn't arrived yet. :( Hopefully later today.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline KomagPHL

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2007, 03:43:33 PM »
i'm running this game on windows vista business, amd athlon xp 2400+ (2.0ghz), ati radeon x1300 256mb, 1280mb ram. my main beef with this is that i have frame rate issues. i have to set the FPS to 70.00 otherwise if left at the default 60.00 i can only get a maximum of around 55FPS thereby making gameplay just a little bit laggy. anyone else getting this problem?

also if you press F12 in game, it enables a filter that basically blurs out the pixels. (in case you haven't tried this yet)

Grave, try running the game by (right-click properties) disabling visual themes, desktop composition and display scaling on high DPI settings. you can also try running it as an administrator

also if using fraps (in windows vista), don't run the game as an administrator or else fraps won't work.

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »
Hey, has anyone had freezing problems where the game and sound still go on, but the video gets stuck?
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol