When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MB:AC ver.B Tier list?  (Read 62423 times)

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN!
  • Magic Circuits: 24
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
Re: MB:AC ver.B Tier list?
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2007, 10:47:26 PM »
Tier lists matter.  There are good characters and there are bad characters in every game.  In rare cases there are broken characters and just "okay" characters (like Accent Core) so it's not so bad, but even in Accent Core's case the amount of bullshit S and A rank characters can do compared to C and D rank characters stands out pretty well.

All this talk about top tier whoring makes me sad.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with top tier whoring be it you're Japanese, American, European, Martian, Mooninite, etc.  Looking down on someone for wanting to win in a competitive game by picking the best of the best is retarded.  Let people play how they want to play, be it tier whoring or not.

The only players I have problems with, and I've said this countless times before, are the schmucks that play only low tier because they're glaring retards.  In other words, people that switch characters after a new version is released because their once low tier character is now top-tier or high-tier.  Get the fuck over yourself and go do the world a favor by jumping into a meat grinder.
<kijea> Nerina
<kijea> can i play sex with you

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2007, 08:27:51 AM »
The only players I have problems with, and I've said this countless times before, are the schmucks that play only low tier because they're glaring retards.  In other words, people that switch characters after a new version is released because their once low tier character is now top-tier or high-tier.  Get the fuck over yourself and go do the world a favor by jumping into a meat grinder.

Is there actually some sort of semi understandable reason for this?

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2007, 09:08:10 AM »
When you compare two or more different things, one is always better than the other/rest.  Sometimes figuring out which one is nigh impossible, sometimes its obvious.  If there are only a couple differences it is usually easy to tell, while when there are more it is harder, but it is also more likely to have a larger difference.  For example, World Warrior Ryu vs Ken.  Only difference aside from sprites are Ken's kick grab goes further.  Not a big deal, but it is obvious that Ken is better due to that.  On the other side lets go to MvC2, Storm vs Sentinel vs Ryu.  All have major differences, and while Storm and Sentinel are vastly better than Ryu, even though they are both very different it is hard to clearly say which one is better.

When you try to rank things like that, you get what is called a tier list.  There are general tier lists that don't care about finding out who is better between Storm and Sentinel and would just put them together, somewhere above Ryu, and then there are ones that would try to get more specific and determine which one is better.  Any idiot can tell that if you pick your character based on a tier list you should pick one of the better ones.  If you're going to complain about people picking top tier, then where are your complaints about mid/low tier users using top tier attacks for that character?  Hypocrite.

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »

Is there actually some sort of semi understandable reason for this?

Reason for the hate, or reason why people would switch characters if their character becomes good in the next revision?
<kijea> Nerina

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2007, 11:37:18 AM »
The latter

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2007, 07:54:57 PM »
Who knows what goes on in their minds, but it's more than likely some holier-than-thou attitude/mind set.  Common sayings for these little retards are "lol I beat you with a low tier character" if they win, and "I lost because my character is low tier" if they lose.  Again, I hate those little bastards.
<kijea> Nerina

Offline Tropsy

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2007, 09:02:26 PM »
All this talk about top tier whoring makes me sad.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with top tier whoring be it you're Japanese, American, European, Martian, Mooninite, etc.  Looking down on someone for wanting to win in a competitive game by picking the best of the best is retarded.  Let people play how they want to play, be it tier whoring or not.

vs.

Can you say hypocrite :V

Offline Kyzx.

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • VinnyMarano
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2007, 09:28:54 PM »
Even Neco Arc can be good if you know how to play her right.

thats like how some people say twelve can be good if you play him right.
even yamazaki is a beast. but gets owned by other japanese ken players.
"This ones for Bryan Santos!!!"

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2007, 10:16:12 PM »

vs.

Can you say hypocrite :V

Not really a hypocrite when I'm adding an exception to the rule. :P  Besides, there's a big difference between top tier whoring and being a complete retard by not wanting to play your character because they're good after a revision.
<kijea> Nerina

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2007, 04:44:14 PM »
Personally I think Neco Arc Chaos and White Len are rather underrated, but that's just me.  Neco arc has all sorts of problems with everything but damage.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2007, 06:06:14 PM »
NAC is down there, alot of his things get beaten out easily. White Len is good but she does deserve that low tier unfortunetly. =(
what the fuck is this game

Offline Kyzx.

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • VinnyMarano
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2007, 07:40:27 PM »
new 3s players would think 12 is underated too.

Offline Sylvan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2007, 07:59:49 PM »
Well, as I was apparently banned from posting, I have been unable to reply until now. I'm sure no one has any intention of discussing what I'd said before, but I did want to thank the people who wrote information about the japanese players without any flames; I stand corrected in what I'd said before regarding their tendencies. I also didn't mean to offend anyone, but please allow me one last clarification:

Similarly to how some people think it's ridiculous that a player stops using a character because they become top-tier in an updated version of the game, I happen to be of the opinion that it's lame to choose characters due to the top-tier status and not because it's a character they happen to like due to their playstyle, or design, or personal attachment, or whatever other non-statistical reason they may have. I hope if one school of thought isn't a big deal to the people here, then neither is the other. Please understand that this is merely my opinion, and I was not casting some form of "judgement" on the whole community. I apologize if the sole interpretation was my being judgemental, I honestly meant no offense.
And like probably everyone else here, I don't really care about the reason why my opponent picked their character when we sit down for a match.

Finally, my honest apologies to the regular members for this thread being some kind of mess due to my posts. Though it's clear to me that the moderation here is partial and unreasonable, I truly have no intention of being regarded at as some kind of annoyance or a troll. I'm not. I'm a MB fan like the rest of you, and I have been since the first game. That's all.
-In search of Seattle Melty Blood players-

Offline Kyzx.

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • VinnyMarano
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 06, 2007, 08:08:56 PM »
this is what you sound like.

Sylvan, "oh man Sion is so fun to play. and i comfortable playing her too."

Arlieth, "oh yah Sion is top tier."

Sylvan, "oh nevermind i dont want to play her anymore. Fuck Sion"

Offline Hd - phnz - !!!

• Lv. ?? (Boss)
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 9008
  • BAH GAWWWDDD!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 06, 2007, 08:34:11 PM »
Quote from: #meltybread
somebody tell him that he gets an F- for common sense and an A+ for diggin himself a hole

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2007, 08:35:49 PM »
"Though it's clear to me that the moderation here is partial and unreasonable"

Man, you take yourself too seriously. You should really lighten up, because you're making yourself way too easy of a target for jokes. Besides, there's also the whole Fascist "Let's make an example" thing going on. You didn't think I used Color 20 Nero for no reason at all, did you?
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2007, 08:36:03 PM »
<< Last Censor: Today at 12:46:44 AM by Veteru >>
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:50:16 PM by magz »
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline zer0kage

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2007, 09:00:41 PM »
OMG I'm such a tier whore my main and 2ndary are tops. rawr it shows the cool beauty is the best of best.

Oh man expectations are higher for using them now though. D:
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 09:10:56 PM by zer0kage »

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2007, 09:32:46 PM »
Though it's clear to me that the moderation here is :blah:

You are a child who cannot let a dead issue die.  Did you deserve a warning.  Definitely, as you were border-line trolling and being offensive (intentions do not always justify the outcome: a fundamentalist trying to please his god by blowing up infidels is still a murderer).  If you bring up Chibi again, you only further your immaturity.  As retarded as he acts sometimes, his comment was a figure of speech.  Your's was libel.  Did you deserve not being allowed to view and post?  Not necessarily.  It's a new system and it has bugs which Mizuki needs to fix.  It's a good thing that you brought it to attention and it was fixed.  It's a bad thing that you wouldn't stop talking about yourself as the victim of a great injustice and earned the frustration of damn near everyone on IRC.  It was a mistake.  They happen.  Get over it.  You're life hasn't been destroyed (if it has been, you have no pity from me).  Now, after your blatant display of immaturity, I do think your forum privilages should be drastically limited.  You're lucky Arlieth is of a more merciful sort than most.  Take it as a blessing that you aren't banned and GROW THE FUCK UP!  Partial?  Get over yourself.  Everyone prefers some people to others (others definitely including you after you sophomoric behavior).  Unreasonable?  It was a bloody mistake with the system.  You still deserved the warning.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 09:35:08 PM by Kryojenix »
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2007, 10:02:57 PM »
You are a child who cannot let a dead issue die.  Did you deserve a warning.  Definitely, as you were border-line trolling and being offensive (intentions do not always justify the outcome: a fundamentalist trying to please his god by blowing up infidels is still a murderer).  If you bring up Chibi again, you only further your immaturity.  As retarded as he acts sometimes, his comment was a figure of speech.  Your's was libel.  Did you deserve not being allowed to view and post?  Not necessarily.  It's a new system and it has bugs which Mizuki needs to fix.  It's a good thing that you brought it to attention and it was fixed.  It's a bad thing that you wouldn't stop talking about yourself as the victim of a great injustice and earned the frustration of damn near everyone on IRC.  It was a mistake.  They happen.  Get over it.  You're life hasn't been destroyed (if it has been, you have no pity from me).  Now, after your blatant display of immaturity, I do think your forum privilages should be drastically limited.  You're lucky Arlieth is of a more merciful sort than most.  Take it as a blessing that you aren't banned and GROW THE FUCK UP!  Partial?  Get over yourself.  Everyone prefers some people to others (others definitely including you after you sophomoric behavior).  Unreasonable?  It was a bloody mistake with the system.  You still deserved the warning.
no reason to beat a dead horse, dude

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 08, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »
Well actually I simply meant that I think Neco Chaos and White Len are underrated since(with one exception for WLen here) everyone seems to think theyre unplayable.  Theyre definitely low tier, yes, but they can actually be used competitively now(unlike the PS2 versions of Neco Arc and NAC).

Offline thebrassthief

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • I has a briefcase.
    • View Profile
    • TBT's Home
« Reply #121 on: September 08, 2007, 12:52:45 PM »
Well actually I simply meant that I think Neco Chaos and White Len are underrated since(with one exception for WLen here) everyone seems to think theyre unplayable.  Theyre definitely low tier, yes, but they can actually be used competitively now(unlike the PS2 versions of Neco Arc and NAC).

If I ever see a NAC owning shit up and winning any tourny, I am quitting fighting games.
Playing: Arc, Kouma

American Tierlist:
Top: players just play the fucking game instead of asking for tiers. Low: players ask for tiers.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 08, 2007, 06:16:18 PM »
There are 3 characters in this game that I'm in no way shape or form afraid of, and two of them are joke characters.  MB is one of the best character-blanced games right now.  This doesn't mean that some characters aren't better than others, it means that even the low tier ones are good enough to be used competitively.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 08, 2007, 06:26:57 PM »
There are 3 characters in this game that I'm in no way shape or form afraid of, and two of them are joke characters.  MB is one of the best character-blanced games right now.  This doesn't mean that some characters aren't better than others, it means that even the low tier ones are good enough to be used competitively.

Die.
what the fuck is this game

Offline HeartNana

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Stealth Momo
    • View Profile
    • My Japan Blog
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2007, 09:03:15 PM »
Am i the only one who gets happy when their character gets better after a revision?

I play some characters that are lower-mid tier in games (Asuka in Tekken 5, for example) and stuck with her cause she's my favorite and my best. Then when DR came around and she was able to compete with all the characters better, it made it a lot better for me, and i was way happier because of that than if she became hella bad.

And i dont play characters because they're top tier, i play them cause i:
a) Like them
and/or
b) Enjoy that characters playstyle

Sion is MB. It took a long time before i realized that Sion was my favorite to use and that she was my best, regardless of whether she was top or not. Kunagi in BBB, i used since before i knew she was top, so whatever. I happen to play two top characters in these two particular games, but i dont feel bad about it or anything. Whatever changes they make, they make. Unless she's completely unplayable, like SC2 Talim to SC3 Talim, then ill prolly still stick with her. Tho i think MB is a bit different, because ive seen many people beast with many different characters...as zaelar said, its pretty well balanced, so no point in making a fuss over who your opponent uses or who you use due to their tier (with the exceptions being the Neco's)
My new Japan blog  (updated weekly)- http://arcanaheartnana.blogspot.com/