When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again PS2 version in August Confirmed (now with Ryougi!)  (Read 348731 times)

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • I played C-Arc before it was cool
    • View Profile
Commence the hate :V
woof: like all the stuff i hear from them im like 'thats everything i had t o deal with back when i played'

Offline Aria

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Currybottom Assassin
    • View Profile
I'm sort of surprised that they went with the alternate outfit for Akiha. I could say "maybe we'll see more alts" like this for Arc but it might not be so easy to implement unlike in a 3D game. Might be wrong, though.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
Sweet Ryougi Shiki and an Alt for akiha! (pretty impressive since don't they have to redraw the sprites all over to make alts with 2D games?)

And I suppose that ps2 does come with an advantage, we'll definately be getting the alt included in the price of the disk since there is no DLC system to abuse (unlike a certain other fighting game that's been recently popular)

Hope they come out with a PC port fairly soonish after release.
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
I really don't want to see fate characters in MB, last thing I want to see is MB turn into KoF.

lol

What's wrong with it turning into 'KoF' dream match scenarios?

Shit, if I could play as Dark Sakura in this game I'd be fucking set!

Don't really see a down side to it.

If it was a change they wanted to make they should have done it before MBAA, or maybe have done it for MBAC. Melty just feels like it's finally moving away from its doujin fighter roots (even though AC wasn't a doujin fighter it still pretty much felt like it), and a big KoF size mashup would probably be counterproductive if they want to develop gameplay any further.

Would it be fun? Probably. But on any sort of competitive level it would probably turn into a shitfest like KoF or MvC2.

I just like the direction Melty is going and think doubling the cast by adding an entire series would take it in a very different direction, one that I wouldn't really be looking forward to.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Too out of bound of WHAT?

We have fucking maids in Melty Blood beating the shit out of characters like Arcuied and Roa and you're telling me someone like Saber or Archer would be out of place?

WTF are you on buddy..
Blame TATARI, not him. You forgot useless Miyako btw.

Wow take the storyline more seriously why don't you~

If the inclusion of characters from other games brings in more varied playstyles then I'm all for it, regardless of whatever happens to the story I never gave a shit about in the first place.

:teach:

If it was a change they wanted to make they should have done it before MBAA, or maybe have done it for MBAC. Melty just feels like it's finally moving away from its doujin fighter roots (even though AC wasn't a doujin fighter it still pretty much felt like it), and a big KoF size mashup would probably be counterproductive if they want to develop gameplay any further.

Melty moved away from its doujin fighter roots the day it set a precedent by becoming an arcade game. Other games have attempted the same and still more follow suit in hopes of attaining the same success.

Would it be fun? Probably. But on any sort of competitive level it would probably turn into a shitfest like KoF or MvC2.

KoF's dream match scenario titles (98 and 2k2, possibly XI even) are its most successful titles to date, 98 itself continues to be played 10 years after its release. y.

MvC2 might be horribly imbalanced but that doesn't keep it from being fun, or generally one of the most exciting games to watch each year at Evolution. It'd would have likely been popular in Japan too had it been handled properl

As for them being shitfests, well that's your opinion, have fun with it.

I just like the direction Melty is going and think doubling the cast by adding an entire series would take it in a very different direction, one that I wouldn't really be looking forward to.

What direction is that? Forward? Ahead?

Do tell.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:56:19 PM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Sweet Ryougi Shiki and an Alt for akiha! (pretty impressive since don't they have to redraw the sprites all over to make alts with 2D games?)
Maybe if they have naked character sprites on which they just need to add the clothes.

No, I ain't serious.

Offline CrimsonMoonMist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • KIMGATE: makes your smile shine with JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
I'm happy that the pc version of mbac still sells for such a high price, which means that it still sells well, which in turn increases the possibility for a pc release of mbaa (though, like mbac, it probably won't be in a year or so).

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
Clearly, Akiha schoolgirl means alternate costumes are coming.  Clearly, V.Sion will have one.  Wait a second, she has no alternate outfits... except for her ending.
 :fap:

Seriously though, Ryougi could arguably fit into the plot.  MBAA sounds like it involves a fairly serious incident, and certainly, Touko would know about it.  Why not send Ryougi in?

Okay, I'm stretching it.

It's not like MB is canon anyways.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
Maybe if they have naked character sprites on which they just need to add the clothes.
Like that wouldn't be nearly as much work...

(OK, I guess it's trivial enough for SNK to do with Athena every year. So maybe I'm off-base.)

Blame TATARI, not him. You forgot useless Miyako btw.
Her elbows can cause watermelons to explode. Watermelons! How can you fade that?
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile

KoF's dream match scenario titles (98 and 2k2, possibly XI even) are its most successful titles to date, 98 itself continues to be played 10 years after its release. y.

MvC2 might be horribly imbalanced but that doesn't keep it from being fun, or generally one of the most exciting games to watch each year at Evolution. It'd would have likely been popular in Japan too had it been handled properl

While I don't really have anything against KoF98 and 2k2 in particular, KoF as a series is one of the laziest out there and its yearly changes generally amount to swapping which characters have the 70%+ damage combos or breaking a game mechanic (looking at you 2000).

MvC2 can be pretty fun and is usually pretty enjoyable to watch, but the fact that the competitive roster is limited to about 4 characters based on their own abilities and a handful of others based on their ability to work well with assists is what bugs me. For this reason I find high level casual play much more interesting since it gives you a chance to see characters you would never see in a tournament. Of course the broken top tier chaos is exactly why so many people love it but...

As for them being shitfests, well that's your opinion, have fun with it.

will do.

What direction is that? Forward? Ahead?

Do tell.

Away from being MBACv2. It might not be as big of a jump as SF2 ST vs SF3S, but it still is making enough of a change to keep the game interesting. They could have rebalanced the game, altered some movesets, and thrown in the two new characters and called it a day, but they didn't. Multiple styles might not be some fighting game revolution but at least it's something new for the series.

Also as far as plot goes if you guys really care tatari can pretty much bullshit anything in, even when its not part of its power.

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
While I don't really have anything against KoF98 and 2k2 in particular, KoF as a series is one of the laziest out there and its yearly changes generally amount to swapping which characters have the 70%+ damage combos or breaking a game mechanic (looking at you 2000).
I can agree with this somewhat, but be reminded that yearly installments doesn't give you much time to give the game a major overhaul.  (Which is why SNK skipped a year this time to make KOFXII)

MB seems alright for now, but sooner or later they're going to need to do something completely different to go the path that Capcom did with SF (There are SF2 players, SF3 players, and SF4 players, they are not always the same group and all three games are very successful) in order to be more successful.

Also, english port plz.

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
NEEDS. SHIKI.
Also School Uniform Akiha?
 :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
SHIKI is probably high on the list for a new character addition.

Probably higher than Arihiko =(

Hei

Yeah, They'd put SHIKI first so that we'll have 4 shikis to choose from  :fap:

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
MB is constantly in the top 5 most played arcade games in Japan. Even when MBAC was apparently at the end of its life cycle, it still stayed within the top 10, outdoing games like GGXX.

All this crap about being more succesful has my head spinning because it's still in the top five and it probably will be for another 3-5 years. There's ALOT they haven't figured out yet with the game, but making a PS2 port with a new character or two isn't going to hurt it, and neither would adding more characters.

You guys are worried for nothing.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile

If Arihiko got in the game then it would be PERFECT.

Offline c001357

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
could it be?

Looks to me like an Arcueid edit with Shiki's movements.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
could it be?

Looks to me like an Arcueid edit with Shiki's movements.

It's only mugen, I wouldn't be surprised. definitely not unexpected for unoriginal movesets.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Aria

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Currybottom Assassin
    • View Profile
Wow, that edit doesn't look half bad, actually.

Considering how they managed to make Miyako a practitioner of kung-fu, it'll be interesting to see what style they could adapt for Arihiko, if he ever appears in the game.

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Wow, that edit doesn't look half bad, actually.

Considering how they managed to make Miyako a practitioner of kung-fu, it'll be interesting to see what style they could adapt for Arihiko, if he ever appears in the game.
Kendo maybe?

Offline Aria

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Currybottom Assassin
    • View Profile
Kendo maybe?

Doesn't sound so bad of an idea, actually. Maybe they could make him more or less a offensive/rushdown based character, too.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
delinquent fighting style

dropkick super

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Delinquent fighting style would be friggin sexy. Though I like the "Rush" type that Aria stated. Damn this talk of Arihiko makes me REALLY want him in AA now :/

Offline zeech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
I am sad at the lowres sprites though.  I still wish they'd run all the sprites through 2xSaI or whatever, and then get the artists to fix up small details like eyes and faces.

The bodies and clothing are all solid blocks of colour and simple lines, so it would work pretty well.