When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again PS2 version in August Confirmed (now with Ryougi!)  (Read 346706 times)

Offline The6thFlame

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • I saw that!
    • View Profile

Ahaha... Oh wow. The normal edition has better boxart? Who'da thunk it.

No way! i kinda regret preordering the limited edition now. oh well, at least i get the ost.
OMG....Im just a day away from pre-ording this game, which one now should be recommended?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 12:55:58 AM by The6thFlame »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile

Ahaha... Oh wow. The normal edition has better boxart? Who'da thunk it.

No way! i kinda regret preordering the limited edition now. oh well, at least i get the ost.
I don't really understand why you guys like this boxart better.  The composition is basically the same comparing the two.  I suppose the normal art is easier on the eyes, since the palette is mostly analogous, but I still like the more bold limited edition better.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
I find the normal edition's art a lot more appealing.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
So, back to what we were talking about before with the various stupid boss mode...  :psyduck:

http://www.akiba-ch.com/?p=1074

- Boss Rush Mode
One of the new mode in the PS2 is the Boss rush mode featuring all the previous bosses.
Sauce: GameStar

I’m guess we will see characters like Giant Akiha, Ciel Holy Scripture version, Re-Act White Len, Re-ACT Aoko, Neco Chaos Black G666, and Dust of Osiris here?

There's a lot of delicious looking fone cards too. All of which are available from pre-ordering from whatever their respective sites. HOWEVER, after visiting a few of these sites, it looks like these are Japan-only delivery. I want the Ryougi and Ciel cards.  :'(   The maids' card looks fun too.

Also, the limited ed box art > regular ed. Why? because it's got Ryougi and Seifuku Akiha on it.  :fap: :fap:

Roastbeef and Roa are meh.  :mystery:
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline shiki321

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • The God of Death
    • View Profile
Agree with LoliSauce I don't know why you guys like the normal edition cover better (although it is kinda cool) but I like limited edition cover better since Tohno Shiki is there and he the main charater in the game (i think). Man it should come with a figure with it like F/UC but oh well telephone card are cool...

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
Agree with LoliSauce I don't know why you guys like the normal edition cover better (although it is kinda cool) but I like limited edition cover better since Tohno Shiki is there and he the main charater in the game (i think). Man it should come with a figure with it like F/UC but oh well telephone card are cool...

for Tsukihime, Tohno Shiki is the main character. For Melty Blood, the role of main character is divided (or was divided?) between both Sion and Shiki. I say that Sion deserved the spot more as main character...she became S tier.

Oh, and in addition to my above post:

- PS2 version game balance

The PS2 version will be a tweaked version of the Arcade version with improved game balance. But you can also select the Arcade version game balance as well

Hopefully when it says "Arcade version", it means ver A and the PS2 is improved balancing from there (read: Ciel becomes useful again)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:08:37 AM by ShinMasaki »

Offline CrimsonMoonMist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • KIMGATE: makes your smile shine with JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
I just think the art look darker and cooler.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
That boxart is 10x more fabulous than the limited edition one. But I'm not getting either ;_; so... :prinny:

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://gmstar.com/ps2/meltybloodaa.html&ei=yo8qSpKmO4eItAP95qDfCg&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://gmstar.com/ps2/meltybloodaa.html%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG

Uh?  Someone has their wires crossed?  gmstar site seems to say the darker one is limited?

Google translate of the source page used by the Akihabarachannel link provided by ShinMasaki.  The ecole site is even more obscure, saying only that there are multiple cover designs.

~M
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 08:11:51 AM by motoh »

Offline Masu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Hmmm. Hard to say. I dunno if i like the regular or premium case more. I like the OST case more than both of them though XD

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
... The regular box cover looks better. Why did I order the limi... oh yeah, OST. Nvm.
(Best would be a swappable cover like in DVD ones)

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
Man it should come with a figure with it like F/UC but oh well telephone card are cool...

I wish, it could have been right beside my Saber-Lily figure on my computer desk  :psyduck:

Offline The6thFlame

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • I saw that!
    • View Profile
... The regular box cover looks better. Why did I order the limi... oh yeah, OST. Nvm.
(Best would be a swappable cover like in DVD ones)
Hmmm. Hard to say. I dunno if i like the regular or premium case more. I like the OST case more than both of them though XD
Then that settles it, I do this for the Arcueid cover on the OST. :toot: And the limited cover has two things I look forward to seeing on the game.

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
Erh, guys, this isn't quite certain.  The link I put up above there seems to say that the two covers are reversed.

~M

Offline The6thFlame

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • I saw that!
    • View Profile
Erh, guys, this isn't quite certain.  The link I put up above there seems to say that the two covers are reversed.

~M
.... :o
Edit: In better words, your a bringer of good news during this time of personal confusion. :psyduck:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 10:17:29 AM by The6thFlame »

Offline shiki321

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • The God of Death
    • View Profile
Ahhhh man even though the game will come out in 2 mouth but it feel like it will be long till the game comes out and I really can't wait to get it. (even though I can't play it with my normal PS2 since it can't play japanese games, had to play the game either my friend house or use the emulator)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
it should be a reversable cover with both images on, just one on the back/front.  :toot:

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
Good point Good point, If anyone remembers the  :V Tsukihime anime they're covers were reversable :fap: I hope I get the Arc cover.

Wait, sense when was there a Tsukihime anime? I mean, I thought it always agreed that it would never happen because of how bad it would have been, I mean, I'm sure they would fuck it up in some way and make a man-faced Akiha or completely leave the maids out of the story, you know, something retarded like that.  :psyduck:

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • I played C-Arc before it was cool
    • View Profile
Arcueid's Cool Arcueid's,friends with george forman, Arcueid plays basketball with me on tuesdays.

Wait, sense when was there a Tsukihime anime? I mean, I thought it always agreed that it would never happen because of how bad it would have been, I mean, I'm sure they would fuck it up in some way and make a man-faced Akiha or completely leave the maids out of the story, you know, something retarded like that.  :psyduck:
What is this foolishness you speak of  :V But yeah that other cover owns and not just cause I like Arcueid, The ryogi cover hurts my eyes  :'( Literally.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:49:43 PM by Leon Rose »
woof: like all the stuff i hear from them im like 'thats everything i had t o deal with back when i played'

Offline The6thFlame

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • I saw that!
    • View Profile
Arcueid's Cool Arcueid's,friends with george forman, Arcueid plays basketball with me on tuesdays.

Wait, sense when was there a Tsukihime anime? I mean, I thought it always agreed that it would never happen because of how bad it would have been, I mean, I'm sure they would fuck it up in some way and make a man-faced Akiha or completely leave the maids out of the story, you know, something retarded like that.  :psyduck:
What is this foolishness you speak of  :V But yeah that other cover owns and not just cause I like Arcueid, The ryogi cover hurts my eyes  :'( Literally.
You must be talking about the F/SN anime :V, there was never a Tsukihime anime ;D....Still thinking about that precious OST cover. :fap:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:18:24 PM by The6thFlame »

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
Instead of everyone debating which to buy/which cover they like better...
BE TRUE BALLERS AND BUY BOTH.

No, that is crazy.

In all seriousness...
I prefer the normal edition a bit more, simply because it features Ries and Roa on the cover...as well as Dust in the back.
All I know is this is WAY better than PS2 Act Cadenza case.
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!

No, that is crazy.

You'd buy them anyway. :/

Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • I played C-Arc before it was cool
    • View Profile

No, that is crazy.

In all seriousness...
I prefer the normal edition a bit more, simply because it features Ries and Roa on the cover...as well as Dust in the back.
All I know is this is WAY better than PS2 Act Cadenza case.
Sad part is.....when I was raging over the normal edition looking better than the special I considered that for full minute  :V I like the normal one just that much but....OST......Crappy Cover with OST and possible fonecard or Cool Cover and nothing else  :mystery:
woof: like all the stuff i hear from them im like 'thats everything i had t o deal with back when i played'

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
You must be talking about the F/SN anime :V, there was never a Tsukihime anime ;D....Still thinking about that precious OST cover. :fap:

There's a Tsukihime anime, it's just really bad.  

Here's opening to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7sW06aoZns
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
There's a Tsukihime anime, it's just really bad.  

Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8