When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again  (Read 538485 times)

Offline The6thFlame

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • I saw that!
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again
« Reply #275 on: December 21, 2007, 02:52:30 AM »
I read Sasuke :slowpoke:
OH :emo:. I did not see that, thank you. I do hope he plays part in her story, as far as I know she hasn't have had her way.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 02:55:52 AM by The6thFlame »

Offline Nanako

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 21, 2007, 02:55:32 AM »
Oh it's okay.
Everyone makes mistakes after all.
ξ・∀・) めるぽ!

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 21, 2007, 12:30:11 PM »
Chokushi Sharingan! :slowpoke:

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 21, 2007, 03:18:33 PM »
It's kinda fucking stupid that you could spend thousands of dollars for an arcade machine + PCB that may soon be obsolete due to an PC release + online patches. It's also fucking stupid that you might have to wait 6 months or more just to play the most recent arcade version on PC or console because you didn't want to risk thousands of dollars. The companies can only get away with those convoluted ass-backwards distribution models because obsessed nerds shell out for them. Fuck Japan.

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 21, 2007, 05:02:21 PM »
The reason that they release arcade versions first is because in japan arcades are the major gamer gathering spots.  Arcades in the states are usually crap and dont pull in as much money because people would much rather sit on their couch and play XBox Live.

So, since their target market is japanese, and the largest market would be the arcades(also due to piracy concerns), arcade releases are the best profit.

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 21, 2007, 06:08:04 PM »
hasn't have had

3 forms of the verb "to have". :psyduck:
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2007, 06:41:41 PM »
The reason that they release arcade versions first is because in japan arcades are the major gamer gathering spots.  Arcades in the states are usually crap and dont pull in as much money because people would much rather sit on their couch and play XBox Live.

So, since their target market is japanese, and the largest market would be the arcades(also due to piracy concerns), arcade releases are the best profit.

Game publishers would make more money if anything if they released directly to PC/console rather than arcades, especially if they set up a digital distribution system for their products. The arcades would die off unless they changed their format (net cafes) but sad fucking story if they don't. Without them, more games would be online and have better net-code and it's not like a lack of arcades = a lack of in-person competitive play. The only reason all this hasn't already happened is because big companies with a shit-ton of management layers are slow to change and often the people making decisions don't understand or properly communicate the factors involved to get anything done. The arcade machine/PCB manufacturers are also invested in not being wiped out so they actively convince their clients that their distribution method is the most viable. It's true that arcades are sustainable in Japan but they're really an inferior place for social/competitive gaming compared to the internet, net cafes and people's houses.

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2007, 06:54:32 PM »
It's true that arcades are sustainable in Japan but they're really an inferior place for social/competitive gaming compared to the internet, net cafes and people's houses.

I'm sorry to jump in with a flame, but did you honestly think about this before you posted it?  Arcades were the progenitor of competetive gaming.  The internet will always have lag, and the dynamic of fighting games demands an instant experience.  Net cafes offer nothing more than the same problem, while trying to be what an arcade already is.  Houses are nice, but do you meet someone you don't know in your basement?  Do you go to random houses trying to find a match?

Arcades are the place to go to find good, live competition when you don't have it on hand.

~M

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2007, 07:04:22 PM »
If you have less than ~17 ms of ping then online is fine for fighting games. If the games were designed better a higher ping would be fine too. As for net cafes and people's houses, people can play in real-time at those places. The reason arcades are inferior is not connection speeds but the amount of money they cost to operate vs the amount of money they reasonably generate and how they hold back the industry technologically with needlessly and excessively expensive hardware. It's true that they're one of the places competitive gaming originated but they're quickly becoming obsolete. I've been to more gatherings at people's houses and other random events than proper arcades. I've been to more tournaments held on consoles and PCs than arcade hardware. Meeting more players for a game is much easier online and if you NEED the lagless experience it's not difficult to find people in your area and meet with them at a house, net cafe, college rec room, whatever.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 07:12:04 PM by Alt »

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 21, 2007, 07:06:28 PM »
I'd be cool if we could see dual releases for future MB games. I really want to play AA, but I know I'll have to wait another 6-8 months plus probably once it comes out in Japan. I know that will happen since I doubt we'll ever get AA in the arcades over here, due to the fact that vB and vB2 bombed here big time.

Actually, if I had the money, I wouldn't mind shelling out $2,000+ to get the game as early as Japan would. I'd have much more fun playing AA than having some tricked out computer to play the latest PC games, anytime I would want to.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline KidPhantom

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • TT
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 01, 2008, 07:35:54 PM »
Yea, I hear ya there...

But I bet you the shipping is murder=P

Offline ArlyProxy

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 01, 2008, 08:25:56 PM »
Alt, many of your points could be directly applied to the movie theater industry. Why build these huge multiplex theaters with tons of needlessly expensive equipment and stupidly overpriced food when the studios could make more money by simply selling directly to the consumer via DVDs to watch at home? Or maybe they could gather at someone's house to watch it. But people don't always have the equipment to watch it at home, or it's inferior to the theater, or most importantly, they want to enjoy themselves with their friends by going out.

Likewise, arcades have dedicated equipment for the games, provide a convenient socializing spot, and have the highest fidelity for gaming experience (lagless, etc). Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of arcades anymore because of several reasons, one that the AMAA is run by a bunch of retards, there's a serious stigma in city management against issuing game licenses for arcades, most (good)games are created for the Japanese market instead of the American market, and most arcades still operate by charging quarters since it's the most cost-effective way of operating (but also labor-intensive and doesn't allow for incremental changes in pricing to compensate for inflation).

Also, you bring up the superiority of net-cafes as a venue, when it's the net-cafes that one of the most difficult business models to sustain, period. The net-cafe boom of the late 90's/early 2000 era has been obliterated, and us closing Interface in Simi Valley is yet another one that bites the dust. The best net-cafes have the benefit of corporate sponsorship, but that's not something most small businesses can handle.

I also wouldn't want to host 20+ people at my house on a regular basis to sustain a fighting game scene, with the food, drinks, utilities and other accommodations necessary to support that many people. It's far more easier to arrange an event at an arcade since it already has the infrastructure to support large amounts of people, short of renting out a convention center or hotel.

You're absolutely correct on the point that the arcade business model doesn't generate enough profit compared to the cost of operations, though. There's not a whole lot of help or infrastructure for us to advance the system, however.
Arly's remote account (Non-Admin)

Offline asdfqwer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 01, 2008, 09:11:12 PM »
   The arcades that is viewed in US is different than the one viewed in Japan other Asian nations that are the primary imports of Japanese fighting game making companies. US arcade is viewed as a place inside a movie theater or a bowling alley that is mostly empty and is $0.75+ per game. Asia: crowded place where people watch, cheer, challenge each other, and play with $0.10~$0.20 per game.

Plus, if they release a pc port at the same time, they would profit a ~little~ more in US as US will buy software once released regardless of whether it was released simultaneously with the arcade version or not, while losing the entire South Korean market, which is pretty big. Do you play with an official MBAC bought from Japan? If so, that's great, but 99% of South Koreans won't do that. It's safe to say that after MBAC for pc has been released, 99.999999999% + or - .000000001% has downloaded it rather than buying it.  :V

Also, I have played in arcades at South Korea for a long time, wasted so much money :toot:. But I can say this for sure: it sure beats any online battles. Any game, even something like fps that are played mostly online, are a hell of a lot more fun when played in the same room. Rather than talking over headsets, yelling at people and pumping your fist after a win is more exhilarating.

P.S. Yeah, arcades cannot generate enough profit, but it's impossible to change its structure. Net Cafe's cannot provide any of the arcade experience as the policy of net cafe's are to be quiet so as to not bother people who are just trying to check e-mails.

Edit: Oh yeah, I screwed up my sentence structure. I meant that 99.99999% of Koreans didn't officially buy it. The entire Korean pc package game industry died out in SK as everyone downloaded them illegally.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 09:28:56 PM by kimjjo »

Offline Draku

• Spellcaster
  • sakura is a good girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 01, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »
It's safe to say that after MBAC for pc has been released, 99.999999999% + or - .000000001% has downloaded it rather than buying it.  :V
...In the US. Japanese however probably bought it if they did.

Mostly because of the whole availability thing.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 01, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »
Kimjjo hit it on the head pretty hard.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Relunx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 04, 2008, 12:57:10 AM »
Hi all!
My opinion: the best is PS2. Most ppl now use sticks or joypads rather than keyboards (there are sticks that can port to PS2 etc). PS2 is also make the no lagg game, so you can enjoy it 100%. Plus on PS2 you can play with the 2-2 matches at once cuz there is a Multitap that generates +4 slots. So 4 ppl can enjoy the game at once. And 2 PS2's are the best, so even 4-8 ppl (group of friends) can enjoy the game. The only requirement is a house where they can gather. But this is a problem that solvable I think.

About Arcade:
Sure arcade places are also best for gatherings and challanges. For me it's the 2nd best idea for getting some good games. The only "bad" thing for me is the stick, I really can't play with them...I have no talent for playing with them (but that's me). I prefer joypad or keyboard.

Relunx

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 04, 2008, 01:29:14 AM »
For me and propably many many other people there are no 4 casual MB player around, you know. XD

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 04, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »
For me and propably many many other people there are no 4 casual MB player around, you know. XD
Actually in the state of Failure (Ohio) there exactly 4 casual MB players (scattered all through out the state)(of course).
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2008, 01:05:31 PM »
more like 6

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline NinjaNero

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • Warblackia
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2008, 04:42:43 PM »
"I-P-C-O-N...'
"M?"
"No, N as in.."
"Oh, N, as in knife" "...yes..."

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • I played C-Arc before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »
Actually in the state of Failure (Ohio) there exactly 4 casual MB players (scattered all through out the state)(of course).
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Well you could always do what one of friends do for guilty gear and just promote it to other people and hope they'll get interested. :toot: Go MBAC!!! :toot:
woof: like all the stuff i hear from them im like 'thats everything i had t o deal with back when i played'

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 29, 2008, 10:12:22 AM »
Quote from: Soth
Tougeki Damashii vol.8 have supposedly new info, as well as some new pics.

For the new pic, it seems that Executioner Ciel will be a playable character, and the temporary release date is in May. Also explains the different systems, but I'm not so good with my Japanese...

Source: Seasons of Change http://blog.livedoor.jp/humanity6/

Edit: Someone who can actually read moonspeak can translate the comments on that page.  But here's what I can tell.

Crescent Moon Style:
Style for the experienced person who prefers mobility and combos.

Full Moon Style:
New style that emphasizes heavy attacks.

Halfmoon Style:
Simple style that is easy to use for beginners.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:24:27 AM by linalys »
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline asdfqwer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2008, 01:04:40 PM »
Quote from: Soth
Tougeki Damashii vol.8 have supposedly new info, as well as some new pics.

For the new pic, it seems that Executioner Ciel will be a playable character, and the temporary release date is in May. Also explains the different systems, but I'm not so good with my Japanese...

Source: Seasons of Change http://blog.livedoor.jp/humanity6/

Edit: Someone who can actually read moonspeak can translate the comments on that page.  But here's what I can tell.

Crescent Moon Style:
Style for the experienced person who prefers mobility and combos.

Full Moon Style:
New style that emphasizes heavy attacks.

Halfmoon Style:
Simple style that is easy to use for beginners.

Cool, but I hope all three styles have advantages rather than the crescent moon style being better but just more difficult.

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »
As expected, it's on NAOMI. Combine this with the recent talk of work on emulating NAOMI... :fap:
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline Draku

• Spellcaster
  • sakura is a good girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2008, 03:24:28 PM »
As expected, it's on NAOMI. Combine this with the recent talk of work on emulating NAOMI... :fap:
We already knew it was on NAOMI.

But that Executioner Ciel art kicks ass :fap: