When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again  (Read 538951 times)

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again
« Reply #875 on: September 12, 2008, 11:50:54 AM »
The way I see it...

-Aoko's quotes got nerfed (no more awesome "SUGOI SUGOI")
-Sion's actually frightening now
-Roa's the new Ciel (EX Hierofags)
-Ciel's the new Nanaya (thousand sla-- err, punches)

And I'm still watching the Sion/Aoko vid. Will watch the MHisui/VAkiha and Warc/Shiki afterwards.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 12, 2008, 01:07:22 PM »
i think these were recorded from the first day location tests.

people were especially nice about giving 2nd round.

*Edit i take that back, i dont know when these were recorded...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:18:05 PM by scottind »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #877 on: September 12, 2008, 01:25:16 PM »
Looks like Roa took back his 236C.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 12, 2008, 01:49:48 PM »
Ciel has Yamazaki's snake arm attacks. :o

I like Sion's new bnb. Seems like her air throw is techable too. Damage in general does seem pretty low if 200% circuit is needed to do roughly 4K damage.

Aoko's death cry doesn't really sound like her. ??? She now has a somersault?

I noticed, if the opponent's back is turned when you start comboing them, they will remain in back turned position even while being air comboed.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:55:29 PM by Azure Macabre »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline YuenSan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Can't you say it in smaller syallables b4 I win?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #879 on: September 12, 2008, 02:17:47 PM »
Totally awesome....so is there an exactly release date for the game? (I know it's this year but I forgot wut month)
Device: Gamepad (sorry...not enough to buy a gamestick yet)

Plays: MBAC, Tsukhime (fav is Hisui <3,) Touhou, and MMOs
 FU #1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10 (srsly,) and 12 are so in this forum lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJJpQzRkVE

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 12, 2008, 03:04:53 PM »
I like Satsuki's F-moon moveset. The more I look at it the more interesting it is. I still want to see C-Moon Sacchin though.
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 12, 2008, 08:21:48 PM »
I dig the new announcer voice, but the match intro and end music is kind of...out of place. =\  I do like how charging meter looks, and the little electrical pulses that the gauge makes when in Heat is a pretty cool little touch as well.

Sacchin vs Ciel- Holy shit, F-Sacchin's new 236c is cool.  Slide head has huge range.  Also her new 22 is strange.  I dig her new ground dash a lot.  And was that a ground overhead for her now?  =o  Her 214b seems stupid slow though.  F-Ciel's air throw is lol.  Fucking wallslam off an airthrow?  Is that legal?  lol  Her 236 punches are neat, I guess.  The j.214c looked mad cool though, with the shadow flame on the ground after.  That fucking spinny throw EX was looool.  Her range seems real small though.

W.Len vs Roa- W.Len seems a lot of the same.  Roa seems cool.  I like how his 236 launches and 214 has good range (as well as 214c being hiero).  But really...this was Half moon.  I don't really care about that style.  Moving on...

Warc vs Shiki- Warc's new teleports are badass, and her new 236 isn't half bad.  I assume the Mystic Eyes special she has is her 22 move?  Shiki...just makes me sad.  His teleports and the new air dash(that nanaya also had in the exhibition vid) are just proof that they're making Shiki and Nanaya even more similar.  It's really disheartening.  They could do so much more to differentiate them.  =\  Anyway, blah blah half moon moving on.

Mecha vs V.Akiha- Okay, this is going to sound mad nerdy, but v.Akiha having blue eyes in the intro bothers me.  Blue is the color linked with demon hunting blood, hence why Shiki's eyes turn blue when he goes into Nanaya mode (his demon hunting blood coming forth).  Red is the color associated with demons.  Her having blue eyes is contradictory, especially when she's in vermillion form.  That said, on to match notes.  v.Akiha's j.236 is still mad useful it seems.  The fact you can j.214 now is neat too.  Her new 22 seemed kind of lame to me (no meter gain from it and much smaller than Crescent form 22) until I saw that you can lay down multiple of them.  I wonder how many you can put down at the max?  Mecha's extendo shock seems like it may whiff if you're too close to your opponent.  The fucking jet summon thing is some bullshit.  Also wtf at mecha assist summons?  They can be hit out of their assist, just like Maids assists.  j.236 angled laser might be nice.  Really though, they need to stop with so much of this Half Moon crap.  At least v.Akiha was Full this time.

Sion vs Aoko- lol, Aoko has a laser sword for her j.C now.  The Artillery Starmines are apparently antiair (possibly held?) orbs.  *shrugs*  Could be useful.  lol, her new 623 is a flash kick.  Also, is that a charged aerial orb she does, or do you think it's an aerial normal that puts an orb out when charged?  Having her new 22 be the slide kick seems kind of lame.  Did she lose her third air jump/dash too?  F-Aoko as a whole seems a bit less awesome than her MBAC incarnation.  Sion's 22 must be that forward dashing move that she only used once (and whiffed, lol).  I'm betting that it's the ground based leg slamming shit that was shown off in the exhibition vid.  The rest of her moveset is a lot of similar stuff.  236 shots, 623 shoryu, 214 whip.  *shrugs*  At least the characters were both Full style in this vid.  lol

Overall, Warc's changes look the most awesome to me, but it doesn't look like she has any good wakeup reversal options (maybe teleport?).  I want to see more of F-Sacchin for sure though.  She looks like she has some badass potential.  Thinking about it, I didn't see her Rouga dunk at any point, nor did it look like she had any good wakeup reversal options either (since her ground pound is changed).  I need to see some damn C-Roa or F-Roa, and really see F-Miyako in action too.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Chardo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • I am from the FUTURE
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 12, 2008, 10:17:02 PM »
I love the park music themes (M.Hisui vs V.Akiha/Warcueid vs Shiki) relaxing MB themes are the best.

I just wish the guy playing sacchin had actually done a worthy combo, no love for her.

Roa hiero, great now even more people will main him, FFFFFFFFFF :V

I find strange there was no roastburguer video
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:19:41 PM by Chardo »

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 13, 2008, 12:08:58 AM »
Having watched all five videos now, I have one common opinion that stretches among all of them.

THEY FUCKING NERFED THE VOICES!!!!!! D:

That aside, F-VAkiha is <3. :) And old Cielfags are gonna become Roafags now. -_- Oh, and MHisui summoning fucking Vic Viper? The fuck is up with that? o_O

I find strange there was no roastburguer video
No, no, no, no, no, you got it all wrong. It's Roastbeef Stringburger. :)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 13, 2008, 01:53:31 AM »
If anyone cares about the little touches, here's one. Pay attention to the clock. There are 2 rings around it. One rotates regularly. The other does a quarter rotation every 10 seconds.

I've also been paying attention to the Guard Meter. Seems like it's got 2 "layers" like the health bar; at some moments it turns darker. Either that or my monitors going nuts. One thing I noticed from the WLen and Roa vid is that a whiffed shield will turn the Guard Meter darker immediately. Not sure what this does. Also, in the MHisui vs VAkiha vid, Mhisui did 2 whiffed shields and the bar turned red (1:05:). It gradually turned back to green/blue/bluegreen.

I'm quite sure about this. The Guard Meter, like everybody now knows, goes down when you block with the exception of blocking at the perfect moment. After you stop blocking, it doesn't fill up straight away. It fills up after you get hit, meaning it doesn't go up while you're getting bashed in the middle of a combo, but when the combo ends, it starts filling. If you block while it's filling, it'll stop. A successful shield will cause the Guard Meter to also fill up slowly. And regarding the Sion vs Aoko vid, it seems like Sion's whip move (0:53) immediately fills up the bar to full. Btw, this vid proves that airthrows are still doable in Full-Moon (1:52).

In Half-Moon, I think some attacks won't cause you to auto-spark while you're in Heat. Look at the Warc vs Shiki vid. Shiki didn't spark during Warc's EX-Teleport (2:15).
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: September 13, 2008, 08:41:37 AM »
ROA is my character, I called him.
NETPLAY

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 13, 2008, 09:30:02 AM »
I called him when mbacpc was released, who are you
215-218-8244

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #887 on: September 13, 2008, 10:09:41 AM »
And old Cielfags are gonna become Roafags now.
Care to explain? If your answer is only because of 236C then don't even bother wasting your time typing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:26:15 AM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Nightvoomer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • logical conclusion of playing H-Akiha
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:36 AM »
Don't be so srs guy.
<GenericSu> actually pfhor is just one of those super anti nero guys

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #889 on: September 13, 2008, 10:38:41 AM »
Don't be so srs guy.

I'm more curious than I am serious, but if his answer is only because of 236C then I'd rather not hear it.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 13, 2008, 11:22:50 AM »
If anyone cares about the little touches, here's one. Pay attention to the clock. There are 2 rings around it. One rotates regularly. The other does a quarter rotation every 10 seconds.

I've also been paying attention to the Guard Meter. Seems like it's got 2 "layers" like the health bar; at some moments it turns darker. Either that or my monitors going nuts. One thing I noticed from the WLen and Roa vid is that a whiffed shield will turn the Guard Meter darker immediately. Not sure what this does. Also, in the MHisui vs VAkiha vid, Mhisui did 2 whiffed shields and the bar turned red (1:05:). It gradually turned back to green/blue/bluegreen.

I'm quite sure about this. The Guard Meter, like everybody now knows, goes down when you block with the exception of blocking at the perfect moment. After you stop blocking, it doesn't fill up straight away. It fills up after you get hit, meaning it doesn't go up while you're getting bashed in the middle of a combo, but when the combo ends, it starts filling. If you block while it's filling, it'll stop. A successful shield will cause the Guard Meter to also fill up slowly. And regarding the Sion vs Aoko vid, it seems like Sion's whip move (0:53) immediately fills up the bar to full. Btw, this vid proves that airthrows are still doable in Full-Moon (1:52).

In Half-Moon, I think some attacks won't cause you to auto-spark while you're in Heat. Look at the Warc vs Shiki vid. Shiki didn't spark during Warc's EX-Teleport (2:15).
Guard meter turning colors is prolly it being weakened.  At normal color the guard bar damage taken would be less, and when very red it would take more.  You know what I mean?

Also, Warc's EX-Teleport may be considered a throw, which might be why he didn't spark.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Draku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • sakura is a good girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 13, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
And old Cielfags are gonna become Roafags now.
Care to explain? If your answer is only because of 236C then don't even bother wasting your time typing.

Yeah, seriously. What the fuck.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 13, 2008, 01:26:39 PM »
Notice how I very specifically said Cielfags. Decent and good Ciel players use varied tactics; Cielfags rely only on EX Hiero. You'll have to excuse me, but I can totally see Cielfags turning into Roafags under the excuse of varying their character roster and spamming HIS EX Hiero as well.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 13, 2008, 01:37:18 PM »
I can't tell exactly but from what I can see Circuit Spark now either heals back the damage/combo that you took when sparking, or heals up some of your red bar. Notice how whenever a person autosparked, that bit of health they lost always healed back from the spark.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 13, 2008, 02:44:26 PM »

Guard meter turning colors is prolly it being weakened.  At normal color the guard bar damage taken would be less, and when very red it would take more.  You know what I mean?

Also, Warc's EX-Teleport may be considered a throw, which might be why he didn't spark.

Yea, I know what you mean. I didn't consider that effect.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 13, 2008, 04:37:54 PM »
I can't tell exactly but from what I can see Circuit Spark now either heals back the damage/combo that you took when sparking, or heals up some of your red bar. Notice how whenever a person autosparked, that bit of health they lost always healed back from the spark.
What, really?  I'll have to watch again to check for that.  I wasn't paying attention to the autospark that much.
---

Offline CloudTK

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 13, 2008, 06:50:15 PM »
What, really?  I'll have to watch again to check for that.  I wasn't paying attention to the autospark that much.

Yeah, I think that sounds accurate. In the White Len and Roa fight, it's most apparent around 1:13.

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: September 13, 2008, 09:58:58 PM »
Notice how I very specifically said Cielfags. Decent and good Ciel players use varied tactics; Cielfags rely only on EX Hiero. You'll have to excuse me, but I can totally see Cielfags turning into Roafags under the excuse of varying their character roster and spamming HIS EX Hiero as well.
whoa, Ciel has an EX Heiro??? where the fuck was i?

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: September 13, 2008, 10:08:32 PM »
BTW the official release date for MBAA is sept 19th as a CLUB SEGA exclusive. Then 1 week later for all other arcades.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #899 on: September 13, 2008, 10:13:35 PM »
if i dont get a damn office chair rolling into fools in a week heads will start rolling instead

:emo:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~